The We Were Here Series: Co-Op Puzzle Solving (Mis)Adventures

Put your Let's Plays in here.

We Were Here, We Were Here Too, and We Were Here Together are a series of co-operative puzzle/adventure games by Dutch developers Total Mayhem Games.

In these games, you and a friend play as characters trapped and separated from one another, and you must work together to solve puzzles and escape. Since you can't see what the other person is seeing, you must rely on your communication skills to describe the clues you find in order to figure out solutions.

Originally, this thread was intended for the first three games in the series, but We Were Here Forever was announced around the time we finished them, and it has recently come out. I figured I would just extend this thread to include that game as well, instead of start up a new one.

My friend Michael (P0LARMic) and I are going to put our heads together and try not to fuck up terribly as we attempt these three games. As always, Part 0 is an introductory video containing even more information.

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Role Reversal
We Were Here - April 15th, 2022
We Were Here Too - April 27th, 2022
We Were Here Together - April 29th, 2022

Total Mayhem Games released a series of videos on YouTube that continue to develop the lore, and tease what to expect from We Were Here Forever.

Chronicles of Castle Rock
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Last edited by James Plays Games on Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:23 pm, edited 28 times in total.

This was a lot of fun to watch; thanks for showing another step in the series off! I think they did a good job with the level of interaction here, though it would've been neat to see even more of those moments where you could kind of see each other but not quite interact. It's good that they sort of moved away from the timed escape-room puzzles as well, since this format works better for the LP.

I'm sort of in Polarmic's camp, in that I think these events are all happening contemporaneously. Though I kind of get the feeling that it wouldn't necessarily be worth it to try and figure out an exact timeline.

I did go to the discord channel for the series, and I got a better understanding of the lore. The short of it is that it does all take place in order and there is a cohesiveness to everything, though obviously things have been getting more fleshed out.

We're planning on doing some co-op streams in the near future where we switch roles, and might go over the lore a bit more there, as well.

We're back, baby.