Balance Is Made Up & Stat Caps Don't Matter - Fire Emblem: Sacred War

Put your Let's Plays in here.
New video!

This is one of those map gimmicks that will absolutely cause a reset your first time through because it will super catch you off guard. Thankfully, I know of it already. Doesn't mean this map will be reset-less, though. Also, Kinu returns!

Well at least the water thing is vaguely telegraphed and just a one turn thing.

Astra Sword seems more useful than Astra has been in at least half the FE games that had it at least, so I guess it's probably literally Swordmaster exclusive.

RandomKesaranPasaran wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:21 pm
Astra Sword seems more useful than Astra has been in at least half the FE games that had it at least, so I guess it's probably literally Swordmaster exclusive.
Yeah, it's a swordmaster class weapon.

New video!

Things are really starting to get out of hand now. The bosses now have legendary weapons, and the map's a wide open clusterfuck. It ain't getting better.

Now I'm getting some FE Green HM flashbacks and that's probably not a good sign.

Though honestly in some ways it's worse because at least in that hack you basically had FE7 Luna to work with.

RandomKesaranPasaran wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:51 pm
Now I'm getting some FE Green HM flashbacks and that's probably not a good sign.

Though honestly in some ways it's worse because at least in that hack you basically had FE7 Luna to work with.
Is the Green hack worth playing? I've heard about it off and on for years but never got around to trying it, always vaguely wanted to.

(Also, if it is, do you know where the most current version can be found? I have an old one downloaded but it's nearly impossible to find information on ever since Fates introduced a character named 'Midori' who overwhelms the hack in search results...)

Explopyro wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:02 pm
Is the Green hack worth playing? I've heard about it off and on for years but never got around to trying it, always vaguely wanted to.

(Also, if it is, do you know where the most current version can be found? I have an old one downloaded but it's nearly impossible to find information on ever since Fates introduced a character named 'Midori' who overwhelms the hack in search results...)
I don't think it's especially worth playing these days. I played it a bit before FE8 hacking got blown open and thought it was at least kind of interesting in comparison to what was coming out of the western FE fanbase then but these days it seems pretty kludgy and there's definitely some very questionable decisions made wrt map design. I did consider getting off my lazy ass to try to LP it but I just couldn't muster up the effort to go through that hack's iteration of Ghost Ship a third time.

This thread should have the latest version that I know of (as well as a patch that makes the fog maps less bad) if you're still interested.

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that's the version I had. Still don't know if I can be bothered, honestly, guess we'll see if I ever feel up to it.

New video!

I hate this map so much. I'm sure there's a better approach than what I did, but I'll be fucked if I can figure that out. Also, there's some insane reinforcements here.

that sure was a reinforcement flood alright

Also what was that, a dozen assassins? Probably more? At least this isn't set up for ninja spawns but still, rude af.

New video!

How do you make postgame maps worse? Desert maps, of course! Desert maps with ridiculous bosses that practically force a single strategy!

+60 def/res. What the actual fuck.

New video!

We're coming close to the end of the Rift, and we're starting to run out of bosses for the hack to throw at us. It's really pulling out all the stops now.

The inventory boss continues to be the worst thing, despite the 22 charm staff and well, that entire clusterfuck of a map.

Love to see it when reinforcement spam hurts someone enough that they start waiting until turn 50 to see if it's finally over. at least since it's FE8 you don't have to protect your convoy from it unlike some merficully dead romhacks

New video!

The final map of the Rift. But we don't really have a lot of bosses left for the hack to use. Unless...?

of course there's a third postgame, why would i even doubt.

I'm morbidly curious as to how this is getting... topped, I guess but I'm sure the answer is just completely dumb and not even mildly amusing.

New video!

The second tower begins. This is where Sacred War gets really fun. And by fun I mean painful.

Ah, yes, the attack and dethrone god portion of the postgame. Why would I assume it would be anything else?

Also god seems to have a magic seal aura when she shows up I'm sure that won't be anything annoying at all.

New video!

In this video, we have some fun, because we've finally managed to acquire that which we've desired for so long.

I was expecting some sort of incoherent nonsense from this added plotline but I'm pretty sure I wasn't expecting Young Magvel Creationism.

I'd say something about yay Lyon but knowing what this hack has pulled so far I'm sure there's something even more BS coming.

New video!

We take our new toy into the second tower. It can't deal.

There continues to be nothing about this that isn't stupid. The math's fallen to pieces and probably harder than in Awakening at that, the map design is uninspired, and the plot is Radiant Dawn's endgame but dumber and less coherent, and for all that I like Radiant Dawn its endgame wasn't exactly setting a high bar to clear in those respects. Like okay the maingame and the Rift weren't particularly great shakes but at least they tried to be interesting in places, meanwhile this is just gratuitous.

New video!

Surprisingly enough, the second tower isn't actually that long. Because of that, we're actually going to finish it up today, though we aren't done just yet.

God, much like Forde, continues to be a complete disappointment in all things.

An anti-staff/dragonstone aura is... something I guess but so pointless in the face of accessory stacking and unlimited Latona production.

New video!

There's one more special thing this game has in store for us, so let's check it out.

But that doesn't mean this LP is over, so check back next week for the start of some bonus stuff.

This isn't the the Fire Emblem content w--oh who am I kidding, we needed Kelik vs. Kelik about as much as we deserved it.

Kind of shocked that Kelik's growths are completely normal character growths though.

What's all this, then?

This is Yune, a universal Fire Emblem randomizer that as of writing can randomize the three GBA Fire Emblem games, Genealogy and Path of Radiance, with some pretty fun results.

And what's this doing in the Sacred War thread?

Well, I've always had some sort of FE randomizer thing on my LP shortlist, and I just figured there's no time like the present, since I probably won't be doing FE related stuff for a while after this thread is done.

So what in particular will this be?

The three of us - Kinu, Icon and I - will all randomize Fire Emblem 7 using the same settings but with different seed phrases. We will then all play our randomized versions at the same time. Hijinx ensue.

Anything particular to know?

Most things I'll go over in the beginning of the first video, but generally speaking, I'm not looking to make some sort of hardcore challenge out of it or anything. So emulator speedup is encouraged, as is using savestates to bypass bullshit. Because, well, we're starting with Lyn mode, and Lyn mode can have some situations that are for all intents and purposes impossible. So while we will let ourselves get hit with the bullshit, I'm not going to require us to suffer through it several times over.

What settings are you using?

Our separate seed phrases are as follows (without quotes).

TheMcD: "I don't know why you believe this killing is your destiny, but I pray that you will someday know peace."
Kinu: "Oh yeah, baby, funk it!"
Icon: (I forgot to ask before making this, will fill in later)

And with that, let's get going.

oh no archer lyn with 3 mt iron bow

oh no that glass

good lord mage bases lead to such weirdness with this randomizer, having flashbacks to shaman marcus with *21* luck as my kent replacement

I'm pretty sure direct gold rewards don't get randomized at all regardless of settings but for all I know that could've changed.

New video!

Some more Lyn mode action. The struggle of trying to separate the wheat from the chaff in player units continues.

I just realized that CON values probably aren't randomized either so enjoy FE7 having stupid arbitrarily applied CON penalties on half of everyone, especially on people who rolled into female classes, jesus christ fuck CON.

Hand Axes and Javelins have 60/65 hit respectively so they aren't that much better than they are in FE6? FE7 enemies just suck for the most part.

New video!

Gaiden requirements are realized, and interesting items are acquired from villages.

idk 20 hp on Kent seems fine, it's like nearly twice what my Myrm!Geitz-as-Florina had at that point and he wasn't nearly as good in general.

Bard Wallace :allears:

Killers are definitely buyable lategame so that's gonna be funny.

New video!

Early promoted enemies can be very bad, as some of us realize here. Thankfully, we do have some weapons on our side as well.

oh boy infinite use 13 mt bolting that's blessed and cursed at the same time

New video!

We're off to the main story! And immediately we have some mixups occurring. But oh well, nothing we can't live with.

New video!

Our journey continues, and some issues quickly become apparent, as they are wont to do.

Ah, it actually happened, someone with -3 CON rolled into Mage (F), cursed image.

A lot of cursed images showing up in general, actually, fucking thieves.

New video!

Kinu begins having a bad time.

New video!

Kinu continues having a bad time.

In further news, this LP is on hold due to LP curse things. Not sure when the next episode will be done, so I suppose it'll just be "when it's done".

We're back!

Kinu still has a bad time, and I do some bard training.