I Feel Your Stress, Let's Play Silent Hill 3! [Finished]

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Game

Silent Hill 3 is, naturally, the third game in the Silent Hill series. Released in 2003 for the PS2 and later on PC, Silent Hill 3 puts us in the fashionable boots of a girl named Heather, and saying anymore than that kind of spoils the twists and turns of the plot. What I can say is that this game more directly connects to the first game on a narrative level, and strays away from the personal hell aspect of the titular town that 2 went for, while still having enemies and locales be rife with personal symbolism relating to the character and the story. Silent Hill 3 also massively polishes the game play, with far more responsive controls than the second game and several new features that make combat less of a pain in the neck. This game is easily the most fun of the Team Silent games to actually play, and has an extensive selection of unlockables to shoot for to keep replays fresh. While its reputation isn't as sterling or influential as the second game, more people have come around on it in recent years recognizing all the things it does right on a gameplay level while still having its own good share of atmospheric scares. This is my personal favorite game in the series, and I hope to show off everything to you!

The Let's Play

As with my previous Silent Hill let's plays, this will be as comprehensive as I can manage. We'll be covering and showing off all unlockables and endings, going over various strategies for getting through tough sections of the game on the harder difficulties and getting that coveted 10 star rating. I'll also cover the unlockable Extreme difficulty setting as best I can, though this won't be very organic in execution since Extreme mode requires very optimized play to get through making it bad for showing the game off and it'll be something I'll have to cover as a post game bonus. With all that laid down, let's play!

The Videos

Part 1, Dreaming of Things to Come
Part 2, Worms Armageddon
Part 3, Dream On
Part 4, Heather Goes Corporate
Part 5, Office Nightmare
Part 6, Militant Missionary
Part 7, Horrid Hospital
Part 8, Happy Birthday Heather
Part 9, Waking Nightmare
Part 10, Pepper
Part 11, God Slayer
Part 12 (Finale), Sex Murder Party
10 Star Run
Last edited by Cullen on Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:02 am, edited 12 times in total.

Part 2 is up on Youtube! We continue our trek through the nightmarish mall, hitting every store we can along the way and finishing with a boss fight that goes only semi-well. Next video we'll be getting to one of my favorite areas in the game!

Part 3 is up! We deal with the pulse pounding horror of public transit, and then find ourselves plunging deeper into the Earth.

Part 4 is up! Finishing up in the sewers and starting the next big area. This has been one heck of a walk home so far.

Part 5 is up on Youtube! This is actually one of the better times I've had getting through this section, normally I get knocked over constantly by the damn slurpers.

Part 6 is out! This is a plot dump heavy episode, but at the end of it we finally make it to the titular town. What a concept, next you'll tell me there's a game where we never properly enter the town of Silent Hill at all!

Part 7 is out! The return to Brookhaven and another hospital level for series tradition.

Part 8 is out, with the important even of Heather's 31st birthday! Also Leonard or something.

Part 9 is up! Another very cutscene heavy video, but it does see us traveling through a doubly familiar area. We're closing in on the end of the game, and easily some of the most difficult parts of it.

Part 10 is up on Youtube! We've officially entered the end of the game, with the greatest challenges awaiting us.

Part 11 is out! The end of the game, but not the end of this let's play. As per usual, we have some new game+ content to cover, alternate endings, and of course the 10 Star ranking.

Cullen!
I enjoyed your work on SH3, SH1, SH2, Fear and Hunger 2, and even that bit you did for Clock Tower (Like 15 years ago).
Thanks, you have great VOs.

LevelZeroBadger wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:16 am
Cullen!
I enjoyed your work on SH3, SH1, SH2, Fear and Hunger 2, and even that bit you did for Clock Tower (Like 15 years ago).
Thanks, you have great VOs.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words!

I have a pseudo-update for the LP, I did a stream of my first clear of Extreme X mode just as a for fun recording and clearing out the last of the unlocks I needed. All who are interested can watch the VOD below! I'll have a formal update tomorrow and will likely edit and upload the 10 star run on Monday.

The final normal video of the let's play is on Youtube! Going over all the Extra New game content and seeing what other endings await Heather at the end of her quest. Once I have the 10 star run edited and uploaded, this series will be finished and I can notch another Silent Hill game on my belt.

The 10 star run is on Youtube, and Silent Hill 3 is officially finished! Thanks so much to everyone who has watched, and I hope to see you in my next let's play!