The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - Salem? I Hardly Knew 'Em!

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Dark Pictures Anthology games are quite similar to Supermassive's super-massive hit, Until Dawn. A bit smaller in scope compared to that game, the Dark Pictures games still follow the formula of narrative-driven horror, where you make choices that has an impact on how the stories play out. These impacts can very in significance; altering one character's relationship with another, how characters behave over the course of the game, what information you do or don't gather, or even if characters live or die.

I'm once again going into a game blind, but I do know the premise has to do with a group of people finding themselves in a small town with connections to the witch trials of Colonial America, and they are seemingly being terrorized by ghosts of the past. They've got to figure out what's going on and try to survive their ordeal, and I've got to try and figure out what's going on and try to make choices that help them to survive.

I originally planned to do this playthrough a year ago, but if you keep up with what I do, you know I like to do my little Part 0 intros that offer up some background on development of the game, or talk about some of the stuff the game is based on. As a result, I ended up doing far too much research (and yet, still not enough) into the history of witch trials to put together a video essay on it for all of you. Maybe it's stuff you were already aware of, or maybe you knew as little about this as I did before I started looking up the info. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it.

OTHER LINKS YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT
Until Dawn Playlist
Man of Medan Playlist
My channel! Please consider subscribing
PayPal donation link, if you'd like to show some support
Patreon link, if you'd like to show some more long-term support

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Curator's Cut
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by James Plays Games on Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.