This Review Kills Fascists - Video essays about politics in music

For art and other creative projects that aren't Let's Plays.
trkfheadx.jpg
trkfheadx.jpg (63.36 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Hi.

Do you like music, queer folks, and politics? I do, so I started making video essays where I tell the story of a musical artist and discuss how that story contributed to the political and LGBT+ messages in one noteworthy album. I'll probably be doing one of these every few months because they're an obscene amount of work and I have very little free time, but they're fun and I love doing them.

Episode 1: Cop and Speeder - A retrospective on Elliott Smith's band Heatmiser
trkf1x.jpg
trkf1x.jpg (65.86 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Made this one before I had decided on the show's name and general theme, but it still fits. Elliott Smith became a legendary rock star, but his first job as a professional musician was as a member of an early-90s alt-rock/grunge band, splitting songwriting duties with his openly gay best friend.

Episode 2: Skeletons - The anarchist radicalization of Nothingface
trkf2x.jpg
trkf2x.jpg (66.79 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Nothingface was a nu-metal band that was around before that scene even started and stuck it out until after it was over, and never became one of those platinum-selling breakout bands. After a slew of calamities at the turn of the century, their lyrics began preaching aggressive leftist politics that would still be considered radical today.

ooooooh! excited to put this on while i work tomorrow.