What Do You Fight 4? Let's Play Mega Man X4! [Finished]

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Game

Mega Man X4 is, naturally, the 4th game of the Mega Man X sub-series of the Mega Man franchise. In contrast with the main Mega Man series (often referred to as Mega Man classic), the X series has a greater emphasis on fast paced action compared to the more platforming heavy Classic games. X4 is probably the purest example of the X formula, being very tightly designed and having an excellent flow to it once you practice it. In fact the game is so perfectly made, it's almost conservative in its design and often times it's criticized as being overly easy and even somewhat boring in the challenges it offers compared to other games in the series. Despite this, it still stands as a personal favorite for me. It's the first Mega Man game I ever played on top of being my first X game, the first Playstation game I personally owned and its all around just a very nostalgic game I can always go back to. The game also sticks in people's memories as a beautiful 2D game in an era where most games were experimenting with the blossoming era of 3 dimensional games, as well as having excellent story presentation for it's genre. (In spite of, or perhaps because of, it's community theatre tier acting that this very thread title references) With that out of the way:

The Let's Play

This will cover both X's and Zero's stories, collecting everything for full 100% completion. I will also record bonus videos for low % clears of the boss battles, so no stone will be unturned for the game. I'll do my best to keep things interesting, avoiding anything that would make the bosses too boring and mixing up the order I do things in with X and Zero. I hope you enjoy this platforming classic!

The Videos

Part 1, Military Mavericks
Part 2, Fungal Growth
Part 3, Fully Loaded
Part 4, Take Care
Part 5, HOO HAH HWAGH
Part 6, Flew The Coup
Part 7, Zero Patience
Part 8 (Finale), What Indeed
Bonus #1, Naked X
[url+https://youtu.be/BgFVm7SfMGE]Bonus # 2, Naked Zero[/url]
Last edited by Cullen on Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Part 2 is up! We tear through the non-repliforce goons before embarrassing the Colonel and then dismantling their air force.

Part 3 is up! Item collection and rounding out the mavericks, proceeding into end game afterwards. It's nice these classic platformers always go by quickly.

And that's X's story done! Next will be a bonus video of all the bosses done minimalist, after which Zero's story will begin.

After a slight delay due to a family visit, we start Zero's story! The beginning and two mavericks down, the rest of the game to go.

Part 6 is up, and we get more examples of why the voice acting in this game is legendary.

Part 7, in which I realize I'm going through the game too quickly for my own good.

Zero's story is finished! I have one more bonus video for this, but otherwise I'm shifting gears towards a practice run on my next project, which is finishing off a stone classic RPG for me that I had abandoned due to tech issues years ago.