Since the title "Dragon Warrior" isn't taken anymore, Let's Play Ys Seven! [Finished]

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Game

Ys Seven is, contrary to the title, the 8th mainline Ys game developed and published originally for the PSP. (Ironically, the 7th mainline Ys game when you discount remakes and spin offs would be Ys Origin) The simplistic title is likely to go along with the fact that this entry marked a new direction for the franchise. Rather than being a Zelda-esque game with more pronounced RPG elements as the previous games were, Ys Seven is a full on action RPG utilizing a party system and more elaborate skill and equipment systems. While there's still a great emphasis on exploring the land and dungeoneering, the game has wildly revamped and updated combat, creating a frenetic action experience awash with options. Let's check it out, eh?

The Let's Play

This is a video LP of Ys Seven using the relatively recent Steam release of the game, played at 60 FPS for maximum smoothness. It will be relatively comprehensive, clearing all 20 sidequests in the game, completing the bestiary, and synthesizing every bit of ultimate equipment you can get, all on the game's hardest setting Nightmare mode. I'll gloss over a few things such as the rather extensive NPC dialogue and the more grindy Steam achievements, but this Let's Play will cover how to get every one of them and demonstrate the majority in action. Those that are either grindy to the point of needlessness or are somewhat luck based (No Tia's Shed I'm looking at you) won't be completed but will be given strategies for and I can assure you I went through the mind numbing process of getting them in private. Feedback would be appreciated and I hope you like it if you check it out!

The Videos

Part 1, Adventurers in Altago
Part 2, Turtle Rock
Part 3, Full Boar
Part 4, The Tree of Might
Part 5, Flyswatter
Part 6, Rocky Road
Part 7, Segram Ail
Part 8, Hot Wings
Part 9, Robot Rumble
Part 10, Giant Enemy Crab
Part 11, The Man in Black
Part 12, Windy Valley
Part 13, Birdemic
Part 14, Gilligan's Ruins Island
Part 15, Octorock
Part 16, Trial By Fire
Part 17, In The Name of The Moon
Part 18, Earth Day
Part 19, Trial of The Dragon
Part 20, Pikkards in a Blanket
Part 21, Dragon Blaze
Part 22, Tornado Alley
Part 23, Hefty Dragon
Part 24, The Truth
Part 25, Water World
Part 26, O-Balon Wonderworld
Part 27, Lunar Knight
Part 28, Soulslike
Part 29, All's Well That Ends Well
Part 30 (Finale), You Can Fight Fate
Last edited by Cullen on Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Part 20 is up! A sidequest oriented part, collecting adorable little critters for an excellent reward and slaying a big wiggler for a modest reward.

New part, new dungeon! The flame sanctum as well as the boss therein are tackled in this video, followed by troubling plot developments.

Part 22! Featuring me failing to do a sidequest properly, jedi mind tricks and the start of the next Sanctum.

Sanctum 3 of 5 is knocked out this time, along with some eye-straining bosses.

Major plot reveals this time around, plus some glorified cutscenes masquerading as boss fights.

After numerous Youtube processing delays, Part 25 is uploaded! A quick quest round up followed by dipping our toes in the next sanctum.

Part 26 is up! Featuring ice physics frustration and snakes.

Part 27 is up! We're in end game now.

Part 28, starting the final dungeon and planning ahead for the final bosses.

Part 29, the penultimate part is up! Completing the Well of Souls and laying out the necessary prep work for the final bosses. (I suppose it's not necessary but I am far from good enough to complete the game without it. Plus completionism.)

The finale is up and its a boss bonanza! Thanks so much to anyone who watched, I hope you enjoyed it!