Page 1 of 1

I Was Prepared for Three Days of Darkness, Not Eternal Darkness - Let's Play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 9:51 am
by Bring Stabity


What game is this?
This is Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, a 2002 Lovecraftian Horror for the Gamecube. I first played this is middle school, and I was scared pretty badly. I played it a few times, and finally beat it in college. I've been planning on doing this as a Spooktober Special for several years, but I kept getting other games pulled in. 2023: Viewers requested Little Nightmares. 2024: I promised Nweismuller to replay Corpse Party with him. 2025: We did Spooktober a month early and played Deception 3 with Zappa (October has Super Robot Wars Y launching, so we had to do it early).

What’s the format and release frequency?
This will be a video LP as all of my LPs are. Releases are every odd-numbered day between now and Halloween, when I should drop the finale. I've already got ~2/3s of the game recorded, so I shouldn't run into any issues with that.

Cohosts?
Yes! For the first stream, I had Nweismuller cohosting, and giving his blind impression of the game. This covers episodes 1-5. For the second stream, I had FlightlessBirdGaming cohosting, with a brief Appearance by Ace_Zappa until he fell asleep in his chair. That covers episodes 6-8. For the third stream, which may or may not be the final stream, I have ImpBlackBelt scheduled to join us.

Playlist of my videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFAoJKGwTuUk


Spoiler Policy:
The game's 24 years old. Tag your spoilers. Just don't spoil the "true ending" for beating the game three times on the same save file.

Re: I Was Prepared for Three Days of Darkness, Not Eternal Darkness - Let's Play Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2026 10:24 am
by Bring Stabity
Episode 01: The Chosen One

Happy Spooktober! It's spooky season, and that means we have a special horror game for this month. Super Robot Wars Y is on pause to give us the time to play this.

I'm not really a big fan of horror games, but Eternal Darkness is one of the best horror games ever. It's a shame it never got a sequel, but when you see the ending, you can understand why. The Lovecraftian influence is strong, and you may go insane watching or playing this game. We start off with Pius Augustus as he seeks a treasure for the emperor.