Gwahaha! You will suffer 10,000 pains for this stupid LP! Let's Play Laxius Power 3: The Final Terror!

Put your Let's Plays in here.
of course wizards made a bunch of demons because they could why would it be anything else.

The untranslated sentence just says the chest is locked.

Gotta love how the worst demon is an eye of all things. Especially when compared to stuff like dragons and succubi.

theres actuallyu an extremely good reason why Rixian is the worst one despite being an eye monster. and not just because iirc he's like a beholder.

S03E06: Day 2: Sweet Little God and the Hideout.

Our beloved party of psychopaths, a cat and a unfortunately titled teenage girl begin to explore the north east Deport.
Last edited by Jeanne d'Bright on Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

I dunno, that hulk doesn't actually look very umber if you ask me.

S03E07: Day 2: Sweet Little Potato and the Man.

IN which our party of beloved psychopaths, a fluffy cat and a soul-sucking teenage demi-goddess are pursued by Lu Bu and co. Maybe. I don't know Lu Bu by sight.
Last edited by Jeanne d'Bright on Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man n' Potato. Wonder what the heck that was supposed to be in the original French.

An economist and her dog, huh. Our band of psychopaths are really just attracting all kinds, aren't they.

It's Man N' Potato in the French too.

There is a meaning to the name. We'll find out eventually.

S03E08: Day 2: Sweet Little God and the Sweet Little Horde.

In which our party of beloved psychopaths, a floofy cat, and an extremely normal Half-Goddess teenager tackle a horde.... of optional content! With massive savings!
Last edited by Jeanne d'Bright on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not sure what part of the Secret of Evermore gourd chests could be considered buds but then again it's not like I'd recall what rips were there to use instead.

Come to think of it that may be the first time I've actually seen someone use Secret of Evermore rips in a RPG Maker game. Usually it's Treasure of the Rudras from what I recall.

nice rust monster btw.

S03E09: End of Day 2: Sweet Little Swamp

In which our beloved party of psychopaths, a fluffy fluffy cat and a Fairy Slaughtering Half-Goddess go on a swamp crawl.
Last edited by Jeanne d'Bright on Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm pretty sure that sequence was just meant to be Sarah fishing for an excuse to engage in YET ANOTHER gratuitous PDA with Random and Wendie knowing exactly how stupid the whole thing is and it doesn't work because 95% of their interactions with each other and Indy's just trying to cover for the fact that he only has one joke when it comes to the three of them.

Oh yeah the dungeon also sucks. Sicko Mode Fairy seems pretty relatable though.

S03E10: Day 3: Die Thing Die - The Bug, The

Last time: We traversed the largest swamp dungeon of all time.

The party awakens at the dawn of the third but far from final day.

We do not steal the dead dudes armour or his biscuits, oddly.

Anyway the cave isn't really a cave so much as a hole in a cliff. You go through it and you find a little more swamp.

And THEN we get the temple.

We have to wander through a long, empty, bloody entry hall for a while.

That treasure chest on the right is empty...

And we can't just waltz deeper into the temple. Directly, anyway.

Northwest is just Skull Storage.

There's random encounters in here but the rate is extremely low.

And there's just one of these dudes at the north east. Random just one shots them and they're only worth 16XP so we're still in 'baby adventurer' territory.

The way forward is following this bloody path southwest. There's also a south east path but uhhh...
Let's not bother for now.

There's another locked gate here but in the corner there's some stairs... down? I think they go down.

I mean those look like stairs that go up right?

Kind of a pointless fight. These guys are also baby enemies.

And this is a baby random encounter. Heading south from there and exploring a lot of empty short halls...

The other chest has two Toad Legs.

Nice. These'd be good for just about anyone.

Back north to the stairs, and north some more...

This is a hole that goes down, as opposed to Up Holes.

This is why I'm confused about the stairs.

I ignore the hole to fight three of these. There's not much to say except these guys actually have some defense and HP. Like a bit over a thousand, and we didn't effortlessly one or two shot them.

I go back to and down the Down Hole.

Have to fight a blood hydra and two gargoyles before moving on.

Nice skull.

I explore the halls here for a whole bunch of treasure, half of which I left out for being unnoteworthy.

I guess this is technically noteworthy.

There's a zig zag hall that then dumps you into traps!!! They're weak ones that only do like 70 damage though.

The hall leads to a teleporter back to the entrance, which we don't need for two reasons: 1. There's still more for us down here and 2. Egress works here.

Thank god for that savepoint there.

Because there's a trap in front of that chest that wipes the party 5 times before we survive it.

Even as hugely overleveled as we are, we only just made it!

Worth it though.

These two chumps are easy.

I go up the stairs just behind us.

Kill two Serpentors, grab this and go up those stairs you just saw.

We're in a dead end, sooo... this entire part of the dungeon exists solely for loot.

Back at the entrance, we go south east this time...

And down some stairs.

Surprise some jerks!!

Open a skull for a secret!!!

Do you eat these. Eww

Anyway, the whole northern part of this area is also just for loot so we have to go back eventually.

We find this guy here who's swamp tribe has mostly vanished.

He also warns us the only remaining swamp tribe are some murderous guys called the Gogora who 'can hardly be considered human.'

We give him a place to stay. Minor point of interest here is that recruiting this guy means we won't be able to recruit another guy much later in the game. But that guy does nothing at all, and this guy we get a little thing out of eventually. Nothing cool though so it doesn't really matter.

BLARG

It was the tile in front of the chest that was trapped, not the chest itself. I could've avoided it by opening the chest from the sides.

It left everyone on critical health too!

There's a row of infinite knife traps here guarding a... dead end!

And yes, you can avoid the knives.

At the next crossroads, north is blocked off to us before until we hand the western and eastern paths.

We go east first.

Pull this switch to open the gate...

DO NOT USE THE DOUBLE SKULLS

THEY WILL TELEPORT YOU TO THE START OF THE DUNGEON AND YOU WILL BE FUCKED AND MAD

Past the trap skulls is another switch.

Time for the west.

All these skulls are shooting single knives at us VERY quickly.

And then one gets you from the front at the end. Also there's an enemy there too and when the battle ends the knives just hover there and hurt you if you walk into the handle. That gets them moving again though but at a bizarrely low speed.

And that's it.

There's a T-intersection just past where the gate was.

One path leads to a treasure room with Serpentors.

The other leads to a room full of Ogre and Wild Man who roar a lot and make a fucking hell of a racket even when all of them are dead. There's some minor treasure on the sides, but eh. This whole part is optional too.

And here's our optional boss fight. I believe these guys are meant to be the Gogora. Anyway, they go down easy enough.

We don't really get anything for this either!

Egress back to the entrance.

The gate in the centre hall is open now, and we fight 3 Serpentors in one battle.

Oh nice.

Why are we finding a bunch of bows in this dungeon

Well at least this is different. I pull those two switches too.

Then we head south east, where the gate is now open.

Another switch...

Mood.

WHATS WITH ALL THE BOWS

I don't even remember what Sun Bite is. We'll have to see.

Follow the blood path south west!

Randoms like 'yo get out of our way' like the idea this guy might be who we need to find never crosses his mind.

Barely just avoided another 'elves are not women' moment.

Anyway, the sorcerer basically says it'd be a shame if you and these cute women went on and something happened to them.

Random still refuses to leave and the sorcerer says he has to prevent Random from making a huge mitake.

He has only 500HP. So...

He explodes, leaving behind a save point.

WAGH!

Everything goes black. Then there's a deep, evil laugh... then a high-pitched cackle. Then lots of different laughs at once.

Random and Sarah immediately freak out.

But not Luci. Her reaction is a bit more 'I fucked up.'

Wendies reaction comes off more as 'business as usual.'

Anyway, Dag here has more HP than anything else we've come across, I believe. Well over 8k.

However, he does not have the attacks or statistics to back this up, so he's more of an endurance boss for non-import gamers. And for gamers like me? It's easy to buff Random to do 999 damage per hit with Legend Slayer. Sword of Ages would work too, since Dag is weak to Legend.

So we easily best the Gades of LP3.

Dag explodes spectacularly

Luci reminds Random that Lansdowne is the Baron we had to get info on the demon cult from for the king.

Sarah and Random then both get stuck on the idea that Dag is too bgi to even fit in the manor and Luci basically yells at them that it wasn't his, it belonged to the guy that he killed that wanted them not to go inside the temple.

When Random asks what next Luci just says, well we may not be safe here so back to Metrolia and

Not exactly frightened. Though Luci does point out lots of other weaker people may be in harms way, which is true.

Now, you can Egress out of the dungeon and miss the next little bit.

Nice! I love being rewarded for screwing up! NOW we can Egress.

Well, lets get walking.

After a few steps Luci refuses to let us walk, so we Egress as she says.

It doesn't take us very far!

It takes us a couple minutes to reach the Inn.

Uhhh... I'm sure they just slaughtered an animal for meat.

Snail kid, noooo! You were up there with man turned into a mushroom in terms of relatable characters!

And he'll never be able to make his peace with his crimes against snails, like I was able to, either. Sad.

Who could've done this

I go up to the top floor, while a storm thunders outside. There's a new arrangement of torches on the top floor.

Torches start lighting themselves...

I have to say, you move extremely fast Dagster.

Anyway, it is the same as the last fight except he only has 4k HP this time. Yes, the second round was weaker.

He explodes a bunch...

Then starts disappearing slice by slice like a cake!

Random and Sarah also continue to freak out. Like, even Random seems upset.

Oh well. At least we got some loot and Wendie learnt a nice move.

Anyway, this whole thing with the inn is completely skippable! Don't have to come in here for the rematch at all.

Let's go.

Oh no, what are you.

This thing also has 4k HP, but unlike DAG it has one spell that can do vaguely decent damage to you, but it was still a complete cinch.

Luci starts saying the anti-Egress fog has lifted so this monster must have been the culprit?

lol. Then she mourns the dead people in the inn and Luci is all 'Hm, yes. I agree with Sarah. Something bad must be happening.'

However, before we Egress, I navigate to a certain place deep in the swamps near the third Monument of the Sun.

Normally this terrain type blocks you, but not in this case!

If we'd came here before fighting the Dagster, we'd only get +4 HP. Anyway... I thought you no longer had any power on this world, Ms. Useless Goddess.

She vanishes after this though.

EGRESS STILL ISN'T WORKING RIGHT

I walk back to the entrance from here though.

For some reason a pile of wood has vanished and lets us find this... BOW. ANOTHER GODDAMN BOW! An artifact one even!

Wh-

Okay. Same deal as the other times except he's even weaker and only has 3k HP.
It only takes two turns btw.

R.I.P.

Oh, how nice. We'll check that out shortly.

When we enter Metrolia a cutscene starts up.

Spooky dream! Random startles Luci awake and asks what's wrong.

lmfao

I can never get over this dialogue for some reason

Anyway, let's move on to the inn to rest up for the end of this update.

There's someone new in the common room, but we'll speak to them next update.

There's also a letter in Random and Sarah's room. Next update.

If you go all the way to the top floor, you'll hear the buzzing sound hornets and mosquitos make. The culprit is in the far corner.

Guh

So. This fight actually is different from the last three. I'm way too strong for it now, but the first time I '''LP'd''' this series (basically just a lazy screenshot dump on a private forum. Yes, even more lazy than this LP.) this fight slew me twice on turn one because Dag has high speed and Holocaust is extremely powerful if you don't have Dark resistance (I actually wound up beating him via speed boosting) but this lead to me typing without even thinking about it,

"I am too weak and Holocaust is too strong."

Anyway, Dag Bug only has 101 HP. Yes, really. He's the ultimate Glass Cannon boss. So our Random effortlessly slays him immediately.

Or rather, just wounds him. The Dag Bug is clearly shown flying away and not dying or exploding or going squish.

And that's that. For now.

We've got our second Presitigous Victory.

And a bunch of notables!

Time to go to bed.

NO RANDOM NO

the end

Well, Apostrophe Demon sure is persistant, I'll give it that. Not just three times but three times in quick succession.

...oh wow that really -does- make him the Gades of this game, go figure.