Graveyard Keeper - Not Even Death Can Stop You Working

An archival space for the threads that made it.

At last, in the latter half of the LP, the thread's title applies.

Wow, this game just won't let up with the new things you get/have to do. On one hand it's nice how every part is interwoven with the rest, on the other hand it probably gets a bit tedious to be constantly running back and forth between people and tasks while also managing your growing zombie industry. Having the important characters only show up on specific days was probably not a terribly good idea.

Minor nitpick there is unlimited gold in the game. There's a chance of getting some when you mine and brake up slabs of iron ore (unreliable and RNGy) and there's a really hard to catch fish that has a gold nugget in.

Witch burnings and royal banquets. Is there anything burgers can't do?

I feel like someone who is able to carry an entire log and slab of stone over their head should be able to handle a few crates though.

I think you can personally carry the crates if you want (after all, originally no zombies). It's just much much slower.
Also a quiet echo of how frustrating the "Gotcha you need an X to build this!" can be in a game with no inventory space upgrades, and no recipe list in game. You can unwittingly buy a tech that is useless until other techs. (Knowingly doing so might have reasons like being able to buy the stuff off villagers.)

Money shall no longer be an object.

Kinda weirded out by Ms Charm going from "maybe Alisa will find a nice match while performing in the town" to "let's add a couple years to her age to smooth things over".

Beer and nails, the essential ingredients for any successful merchant.

It has added smoky flavor

ThornBrain wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:00 pm

It has added smoky flavor
"Oh, no, I said steamed dames. That's what I call burned witches."

Witch burnings are the anti-NASCAR, people come for everything except the carnage.

I love that when the Bishop comes to examine your graveyard, he happens to only look at the part that actually has graves, and not the entire lot just offscreen that's devoted to basically being a lumber yard.

Giving Snake a sword and killing a man with him sounds like all the right things to do.

Sure, there are ethical quandaries involved with murdering a man in cold blood, but the Gravekeeper wont let that get in the way of admiring a well executed plan and some stellar teamwork.

TuxedoTed wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:30 am
Sure, there are ethical quandaries involved with murdering a man in cold blood, but the Gravekeeper wont let that get in the way of admiring a well executed plan and some stellar teamwork.
Or just money, really.

Time to start wrapping up some character arcs, and for that we're gonna need...

Had a quick chuckle at "we asked an academic about the curse, he was in the next cell over"

So Snake's entire quest was to... bring the inquisitor to your basement?

And thus, our story is complete. The guys and I are hopefully going to begin Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town before long, so look forward to the Farm Fucks returning to a proper farm!

Congrats on achieving Saturday!

I honestly kind of like the ending. It fits with the jank of the game as a whole that you finish with everything falling apart and then don't actually leave.
I do kind of wish you could keep playing after the end, since you didn't actually go anywhere. Just have the six characters hang around in their relevant places and have the girlfriend standing around somewhere, it wouldn't have needed much. Ah well. Not that there's a huge deal to do but you can keep on sprucing up your graveyard and all that. And then there's the DLC stories, which go off in their own weird directions, like explaining why the tavernkeeper has roman armour in his bedroom.

Yeah, it's at least consistent in that the protagonist really doesn't care one bit about this world and the people in it; there's been hints all along that doing the portal ritual somehow causes terrible things to happen, but that means so little to the keeper that investigating it doesn't even come up as an option. The whole thing would just need some better writing so that it doesn't come off as a half-assed cop-out (which, to be fair, it might very well actually be, but it's not unsalvagable).
Anyway, I enjoyed this quite a bit, it was very pleasant to watch, in a way :shobon:

Thanks for the LP! Would you be able to estimate how much of the game you showed on camera over the total time played? Just to get an understanding of just how much of the grind you spared us on the way to "Open the damn Gate"%.

I think the twist is a better twist than the standard "It was a coma dream" it would have needed to be if it went down as expected.

It is disappointing to see what the game actually got to be when Isekai Necromancer-Priest is such an untapped field of potential over another Harvest Moon/Atelier Protagonist retreading the "Farmer" and "Alchemist" professions. Not to say that I'm not waiting anxiously for good news on how Rune Factory 5 turns out, but the more variety, the better.

I would go as low as 50-70% of my recordings made it to video, maybe even less since the grind is the majority of gameplay.

I have to imagine the grind is almost exponentially more if you don't even generally know what to do.

Pretty much everything did wrap up unsatisfactorily though huh? The only thing that sort of came close was Ms. Charm/Dad/Poet guy and that was just some cliched dialogue. I was never Harvest Moon guy but all I read about this one, especially in the wake of Stardew Valley, did make me intensely curious. Didn't turn out quite as I expected but nice to see nonetheless.