[SSLP] mrw the acid burns my armor, Let's Play Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos! [Finished]

Put your Let's Plays in here.
The number puzzle was kinda cute, though as you just demonstrated, the game doesn't really convey its clues very well. The last monster also looks adorably goofy, though I have to imagine having to reequip all your characters after every fight gets old fast. I also have to admit, saving King Richard does feel quite cathartic, after all the bullshit this game puts you through. The OST and art remain pretty baller, and in fact get to shine even stronger here.

Unfortunately that's where my praise for this game ends. Scotia's fight is just...wtf. Either you get baited into a non standard game over, or you get a pathetic damage sponge that doesn't seem to offer any challenge, though I do wonder how the fight with her "true" form goes when she's fought "legitimately", without any item spam of any sort. The ending isn't any better either - an anticlimactic victory scene followed by some...weird and creepy sequel bait they never actually followed up on? It could've been interesting to cast the hero of this game as the villain of the next one, but oh well.

Thank you for the playthrough! It was nice to follow along an old treat, even if its taste got rather sour in its final bites. See you later, hopefully in a better game!

Count Revier wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:07 am
Unfortunately that's where my praise for this game ends. Scotia's fight is just...wtf. Either you get baited into a non standard game over, or you get a pathetic damage sponge that doesn't seem to offer any challenge, though I do wonder how the fight with her "true" form goes when she's fought "legitimately", without any item spam of any sort.
I have done this and you're not missing much. You do single digit damage to Scotia to chew through her hundreds of hit points while she slaps you with all the might you'd expect a geriatric woman to be able to muster. Occasionally she quakes you, forcing you to take 10 seconds to re-equip your stuff. It's not the most riveting combat I've ever experienced.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I had fun with this one and I'm glad I saw it through to the end!