Why Would You Remake a Classic? Let's Play Super Robot Wars 2G

Put your Let's Plays in here.
Mission 14: Combined

Preferred Hosts: Rumble, Odysee
Regular Host: Youtube

So, the whole "September is going to be busy" warning I gave last time has come true. I was all nice and snug with a 2 week backlog, thinking there wouldn't be any interruption. However, being a festival coordinator, plus MC, has eaten up almost all of my time for the past week and a half, and I'm down to a two day backlog (although I did stream Doki Doki Literature Club yesterday, so once I upload that, I'll be back up to three days). I also have a wedding next weekend where I'm the best man. So more things interrupting my ability to release videos. Hopefully, I'll pull through and everything will work out (releases are every other week, but I haven't finished translating the next stage of 2G).

Mission 15: His Name is Undefeated of the East

Translated script for anyone playing along. Translated Stage 12 (2G) Script.

NES and Complete Box have made their way to space. However, before 2G can join them, we must first cover some G Gundam plot. We go to Shinjuku and experience episode 12 of G Gundam, Master Asia's first appearance. Most importantly, we do the School of the Undefeated of the East's shout. Also, Master Asia is on foot and has double move, so we need to work fast to not let him steal all of our kills.

Episode 16 is delayed because I haven't translated it yet. I'll be releasing another Crush Crush episode tomorrow instead. Hopefully, I'll put out an SRW release each of the next two Saturdays, which will put me back on schedule. We'll see if that works out.

Mission 16: Devil Gundam Appears

Translated script for anyone playing along. Translated Stage 13 (2G) Script.

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, Master Asia! We don't get the appearance of the Shuffle Alliance, so Master Asia's retreat is a little odd. Aside from that, most of this episode is straight from the show, and that helped a lot with translating. One more 2G exclusive G Gundam stage next, and then we'll reunite with the other two games.

Episode went live on time, but I didn't have time to post here.

Mission 17: Mysterious Warrior Schwarz

Translated script for anyone playing along. Translated Stage 14 (2G) Script.

Preferred Hosts: , [url=https://odysee.com/@BringStabity:f/SRW2-17:b]Odysee

Domon has ditched the rest of the team to pursue the Devil Gundam on his own. Rain follows him, but they step into Master Asia's trap. Rain is forced to pilot the Shining Gundam while Domon is on foot fighting Master Asia.

Fortunately, Uso and the Shrike team arrive to help, as does Schwarz Bruder. Domon also learns Meikyo Shisui, and unlocks the Shining Gundam's Super Mode. He also learns the power of friendship and promises to not run off on his own again and work with the rest of the team.

With this, we wrap up the G Gundam side story, and reunite with the NES and PSX versions of the game next episode. This was supposed to be the three short and easy stages (that let me stay up to date, and maybe even get ahead). That did not happen.

Mission 18: Scirocco's Shadow
It's taken a long time, but the paths have finally united... mostly. 2G is taking place in Phnom Penh, while the original and Complete Box versions are still in Lhasa.

Translated Stage 13 (NES/CB) and Stage 15 (2G) Script.

Fa is down and out for this stage, but in return Duke gets some upgrades to Grendizer. In the original, he gets his attacks upgraded, and switches to the Double Spazer at the start of the map. In 2G, he gets the Drill, Marine, and Double Spazers at the end of the map. In Complete Box, he only adds Space Thunder to his list of attacks, and otherwise has to wait until a later stage for the rest of the spazers.

2G also gets some Victory Gundam reinforcements. Uso gets his midseason upgrade to the V2, Franny and Miliera join in their Gunblasters, and Tomache joins piloting the White ark. I resist the temptation this time, but I will be sorely tempted to power level UC characters by having them resupply spam in the White Ark. It's a terrible idea, but we'll see how it goes.

Despite the stage being named after Scirocco, he dips out, along with the rest of his retinue (either Sarah and Reccoa, or just Sara, depending on the game), leaving only Jerrid to settle his grudge against Kamille. Haman, frustrated at Scirocco, has her forces lead the charge.

The stage isn't too bad, except that Haman is very scary. Her unit stats are insanely good, and she shows just what a threat Newtype enemies are. Fortunately, we're able to pick off most of the attacking force with only minimal losses (Grendizer in the original, and ZZ Gundam in Complete Box). Puru is convinced, fulfilling the first half of her requirements to get her as a secret, and so she leaves.

Complete Box is a pain, because Getter Robo needs to gain a lot of will in order to be able to shoot down Haman. That means that so many of the turns end up being us sitting in place, defending, letting Getter Robo get one kill on the player phase, and repeating on the next turn. It's real suffering.

Secret Alert! Qubeley Mk-II (Ple) 1/2
All: Convince Puru with Judau. She will leave the map after persuasion.