National Lampoon's Silent Hill Vacation, Let's Play Silent Hill! [Finished]

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Game

Do I really need to introduce Silent Hill? Konami's answer to Resident Evil, it's memorable for taking a similar playstyle while still bringing forth a very unique sense of horror. RE relied more on shock and stress over resources for its horror, while Silent Hill relies much more on atmosphere. With limited visibility, grotesque creatures, creepy sounds surrounding you completely, and the general sense that things are never quite right, the original Silent Hill is a cornerstone of the Survival Horror genre and you can see the influence in many games that came after. While the freshman outing doesn't get quite as much praise as its sequels on the PS2, I still find it to be a very unique and engaging game and one of the most fun in the series to multiple playthroughs for.

The Let's Play

This will more or less be a completionist Let's Play. While I don't intend to grab all 204 items in the game, we will be getting all endings and special items. Additionally we'll be getting the coveted 10 star ranking and the all powerful green Hyperblaster. For the main let's play, I'll largely be sticking to the intended way to play the game to show off as much as possible, though I will be moving pretty quickly from location to location. With that out of the way, let's play!

The Videos

Part 1, Snow in the Summer
Part 2, Goo
Part 3, Mondo Medicals
Part 4, Drugs and Cults
Part 5, To The Lake
Part 6, Revelations
Part 7, Reverse/Rebirth
Bonus Video, Next Fear and Alternate Endings
10 Star Run
Last edited by Cullen on Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Part 2 is up! Exploring Midwich Elementary in this, and I manage to avoid embarrassing myself in the boss fight.

Part 3 is up! Visiting the church and knocking out most of Alchemilla Hospital in this video.

Part 4 is out! Finishing up the hospital now, and then it's going from exposition to exposition at this point, plus a really easy boss to cap it off.

Part 5 is up! A much more eventful part, featuring another boss fight, sewer spelunking, and sidequests.

Part 6 is up! The lighthouse, the second sewers trip, the amusement park, glitches and entering the final area happen here.

Part 7 is up! Nowhere and the final boss are knocked out in this video. We've gotten the Good+ ending, time to check out Next Fear and the additional endings we can get.

Bonus part is up! This video covers the new game plus function of Silent Hill as well as all additional endings in the game.

With all other bases covered, there was just one last thing to do: a 10 Star run! Far from a perfect run, but I did beat the 1:30h time allotment by a pretty decent amount so I'm satisfied with it. Thank you to all who watched!