Byleth Eisner and the Emblem of Fire (Fire Emblem General Thread)

For the discussion of games of all sorts.
The one-breast breastplate is an actual thing with archery though.

Weeble wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm
The one-breast breastplate is an actual thing with archery though.
Huh. And now I remember that Wil and Rebecca had the same thing going in FE7.

Nevermind, FGO is just being stupid all by itself.

Playing a romhack that says it's a reversion of FE8's gameplay statistics to their original Japanese format, and then I see this weirdness:

If you're talking about the aspect ratio, i don't think that's the hack's fault...

vilk wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:00 pm
If you're talking about the aspect ratio, i don't think that's the hack's fault...
It's a Snipping Tool screenshot I took because the VBA capture device made the image too small.

Which reminds me, how do you get your images to be so big?

Irfanview's batch resize tool.

Brigid's on a pirate-themed special banner with a bunch of other heroes dressed up as pirates. She looks like she's having fun!

vilk wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:02 pm
Irfanview's batch resize tool.
Alright then. I'll try that out here, since I think I found where Novala's HP went:

...On second thought, I'll stick to the snipping tool.

:gonk: oh god what

You need to disable "use resample function (better quality)" under Advanced, because having that on will make things blurry, and save as png.

I tried it again. I also moved the output folder from "TEMP" to my actual picture folder.

I took this when I noticed that the game actually labels when a location has an Armory and/or a Shop:

There's a tiny sword for Armories, and a tiny bag/vulnerary/shoe for Shops above the location name.

Started playing FE3 Book 2. The interface is very clunky (The battle preview won't even show you your stats and the enemy stats at the same time!), but I've always found the clunkiness of older games to be strangely charming.

Raaagh, help me. I don't know how to make a private image folder on bpix.

Night Zap wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:58 am
Started playing FE3 Book 2. The interface is very clunky (The battle preview won't even show you your stats and the enemy stats at the same time!), but I've always found the clunkiness of older games to be strangely charming.
The menus for FE3 are undeniably clunky, but I guess I just got used to it. I found the pre-weapon triangle balance to be quite interesting, even if forced dismounting severely limits lancer usability over time.

Doesn't stop the peg knights from kicking tail though.
Greener223224 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:54 am
Raaagh, help me. I don't know how to make a private image folder on bpix.
As long as the album's path is under "Community/(Your Username)" somewhere, it should be private. It won't look that way, I but as far as I know, it is.

Yeah, I keep trying to post my images under "Community/(my username)", but then I log off to check and see it's public, so I just end up deleting it.

EDIT: Nvm figured it out.

EDIT 2 to avoid doublepost: Also, I've been able to confirm that if Eirika is left unarmed at the end of Chapter 8 before the player goes Ephraim Route, the game gives her a Steel Sword when she rejoins in Chapter 15:

So note to self, the only second Rapier is on Eirika Route.

In my copious spare time i've been organizing fire emblem characters by pointless metrics

Behold the pointless FE "Tier List" ever, it's every vaguely playable character (excluding like trail map characters who don't gain experience) from FE3 to now, organized by HP Growth in their starting class.
if you want to see the logic i did for children characters see the collapse
Children Characters
FE4 children characters use the father that matches the son class (That does mean Jamka for Patty and Faval), FE13 Children character use the parent with the fastest support growth (except Male Morgan who uses Chrom, and Female Morgan who uses Sumia!Lucina, since those are the only two Supports that game dialogue). For FE14 Children I tried to use pure cross-route pairings: Xander-Hinoka, Leo-Sakura, Ryoma-Camilla, Takuma-Elise for the royal siblings, for the Hoshidian children characters I started with Subaki-Severa and did the only route that produced pure cross route, for Nohrian children, since they are effective two options and one seemed more logical then other I did the one with like Niles-Setsuna and Hayato-Nyx. For the route neutral characters I did Azura-Silas, Kaze-Mozu, and Jakob-Felicia. For female Kana I used Azura and for male Kana I did Jakob since those felt most "canon".

Aptitiude is not included except for Cyril (since you can't remove it's effectively part of his base growths)

FE16 characters that start in Commoner or Noble are probably too low since your not likely gonna use that class all the way through

Also FE3 characters use Book 2 unless they are only in Book 1 as far as I can tell this only effects Elice.

They are probably a LOT of mistakes.

Dialogue is affected if you pair Sumia with the MU?

Also, wouldn’t Dew be the more “canon” option for Briggid? Patty’s a Thief, not a Bowfighter, and she’s the child that takes after her father. Not Faval.

Greener223224 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:15 pm
Dialogue is affected if you pair Sumia with the MU?

Also, wouldn’t Dew be the more “canon” option for Briggid? Patty’s a Thief, not a Bowfighter, and she’s the child that takes after her father. Not Faval.
Sorry it wasn't clear I meant Lucina who's mother was Sumia (which Lucina's mother doesn't matter for the dialogue effect, I just went with the Lucina who was the most canon)

I would have used Dew instead of Jamka, but Brigid doesn't have any dialogue with Dew and she does with Jamka so that's what decided for me. Also for some reason the cross gender rule only applies to weapon inhertance and holy blood, for growth rates and base stats, Faval primarily gets from his father and Patty primarily gets from her Mother.

Official art

Urrrrrrrrgh, why do you do this IS?