All Cops Are Botchcops: Let's Play Disco Elysium

Put your Let's Plays in here.

Every time I think I have Mr Du Bois figured out, he pulls off something like that and I lose all pretence of understanding.

Arist wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 pm
1. - "I got you this banging Megamix." (Give him the Great Doorgunner Megamix.)
holy shit

Chapter 40: 21:39-23:00: The Sound Of Silence

We are now totally caught up with produced updates, and it only took a month and a half!

Now I get to start migrating P5R, lmao

Gonna post what I did in the SA thread:
So... yeah. That's the end of the game. It's been a hell of a ride, folks, and I'm glad you all were here to see it. I feel largely happy with the work I did here, which is more than I can say a lot of the time, and this project was creatively energizing for me. But... uh...

I'm fucking burned out on this game, y'all. Part of that's that I didn't have much to add on in terms of commentary for the last several updates because I felt weird intruding upon a bunch of really great writing with my dumb added bits, but a lot of it's just that I've spent far too much time looking at text boxes. And when I think about the prospect of going through the game again as Botchcop, combing through another two dozen hours of footage for new morsels, I just have to sigh. It's not even just that I've already seen most of the game. It's that I have very little desire to see even the stuff that would be new. So, unfortunately, I think I'm going to call the LP here. I'll rebrand "The Adventures of Botchcop" as "A Day In The Life of Botchcop" and end it instead of dragging this out when my heart's not in it. I'm sorry, but I'm just really not up for it and I'd rather move on to other projects.

But I still feel kind of bad leaving it there, so I'm going to add on one final update that I'll post on Thursday, the one year anniversary of this LP, in which I will create a list of everything I missed that people wanted to see in the LP and suggest, if you ever play the game for yourself, you try.

Addendum VII: The Disco Elysium Home LP!

Well, I got sick of Botchcop, as did many of you, so we won't be continuing with him. What we will be doing is curating a list of a few of the things I missed along the way that I think you should try to see if you ever play the game for yourself.
  • Discover Kim's sordid pinball past (my biggest regret is failing the red check that would have gotten us this)
  • Pass the Conceptualization check on the wall in the alley behind the Whirling
  • Successfully perform the autopsy outside with Cuno and Cunoesse watching
  • Get all the armor parts
  • Successfully shoot down the corpse
  • Find [REDACTED] at the harbor gates
  • Befriend Cuno
  • Find out what happens if the tribunal goes south
  • Never find out about your ex
  • Pass the karaoke check
Well, that's all, folks! See you later!