Let's Play Fire Emblem: Echoes - Shadows of Valentia: A Tale of Big Hurty Lightning

Put your Let's Plays in here.

Shall we use a Pitchfork for Act 2?

Oh yeah, reclassing here we come!
50%
No, it's too soon! No... it's... inconceivable!
50%

Total votes: 14

Definitely looking forward to the next update as while the current group dynamic is fun it is always good to have more people. Also you forgot to box up the update.

Edit: New update on the previous page which also makes it not as important to worry about a page getting too long.

Yeah, the next update's going to be a fun one. It's also going to have lots of character dialogue which should be a nice refresher from a nearly full combat update.

Thanks for catching that. I only ever seem to put the collapse tags in when I first start to post it, but always accidentally end up overwriting them somehow. Just didn't remember to replace them.

Hey all, the updates for msy LP will be a week off schedule given this mysterious thing called "the holiday season".

The next update is mostly done already, but in the meantime, get to considering if you want us to use a pitchfork. I'll be wanting to do it sometime in the next few updates so that our pitchfork-ee, if any, has plenty of time to capitalize on the piles of EXP to soon arrive.

That also said, if anyone's got some ideas on spicing up the LP some, throw 'em at me. We'll get to some spicier combat soon enough, but the one big problem of having this split route design is that you go through the early FE combat stage twice and don't reach the really strategic maps until much later.

That first "next frame" actually made for a pretty funny bit of commentary with your narration and the crit cut in it was attached to.

Foolycharged wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:57 am
That first "next frame" actually made for a pretty funny bit of commentary with your narration and the crit cut in it was attached to.
wow i finally did a humor

look at me, real lp superstar over here

Unfortunately, none of that was planned- just had to roll with it

Update coming on schedule, probably

it's a big one

unlike this text

Update 14: The Mighty Parrot of Shanty Pete (Pirate Fort)

Welcome back folks, I know last update may have not been the most interesting overall but hopefully this will make up for it. We've got story and combat.

No use in delaying it, let's get going!

Music: Battle Preparations - Pilgrimage | Image YT Image KHin

So this map's a bit of an interesting situation.

That's a lot of pirates. Pretty normal affair.

But this is where it gets interesting.

This jerk is our boss, and is reasonably strong. The 6 SPD and 11 ATK is what sets him apart from the others, massive HP bar aside.

But to steal our kills help us out is this trio of greens over here.

This is Valbar. He's awesome and is the best. He's so good, he was even on the cover of Gaiden.

People to this day still writhe in frustration as to why he's there and not, say, Plot Grandpa, but I personally think they're just denying what everyone knows on the inside:

Valbar...is the best.

But we'll get to that.

(And yes, he's at a slight stat deficit as well but I don't care)

Next to him is Kamui, another Mercenary with sub-class minimum stats. But honestly, I can roll with an extra 3 ATK and 2 DEF at the cost of 2 SPD.

No offense to him though, he's cool.

And we have Leon, a character I imagine may be rather polarizing throughout the FE communities. I don't actually know for sure though, I'm just guessing.

We'll get to why that may be later, but for now I'll say I quite like him.

Anyways, if it's not already apparent, we'll be recruiting them soon enough.

Nothing much to really to change in preparations aside from making sure Saber gets off the boat first.

Music: The Incorrigible | Image YT Image KHin

As always, the pirates have goofy lines.

I wonder if Shanty Pete's Mighty Parrot is related to the Budgie in some way.

I don't know how many people know that reference, but I'm making it anyways.

Image Yar har ho! Looks like more little mice be squeakin' into me keep!

Image I order you to halt your piracy and leave these waters at once!

Image Gar har har! I’ll do no such thing, ye shrill woman! No one enters the lair of the Pirate King and starts squawkin’ orders but me!

Image Yar, bold words from a fool man. Well, I’ll put yer steel to the test! Have at ’em, boys! Take the man’s guts for garters, but leave the wench alive.

Image Redemption is a lost cause for a man like you, Barth. Your reign as pirate king ends here!

*The camera shifts over to the other group.*

Music: March | Image YT Image KHin

Image Heh. Must be our lucky day.

Image From where I’m standing, our odds look somewhere between grim and dire.

Image What, you mean because we’re horribly outnumbered?

Image You two better stop gabbing like hens and start fighting like you want to live. Now, if we can take Barth out of the picture, his goons should scatter…

(At least IntSys is admitting up front the greens are going to kill steal you.)

Image Perhaps this is his crew? Let’s advance with caution and try to aid their cause.

Player Turn Music: - With Mila's Divine Protection (Prologue)| Image YT Image KHin Image NES

Enemy Turn Music: Disquieting Steps (Prologue) | Image YT Image KHin Image NES

Battle Music: A Blade on the Wind (Celica Combat Theme) | Image YT Image KHin

Boey runs to the left on the ship to draw some aggro over there while Saber moves up to bring pirates in to weaken them immediately.

Boey's got this, don't worry. He's just going to trick some pirates into charging him, but still being out of range.

That whole thing about proceeding with caution really isn't necessary on Normal. Whoever has the leather shield will tank the pirates fine (likely Saber), while your other units can just melt pirates quickly.

While two pirates do charge Boey, the others go for Saber. Well, except for the ones that charge Valbar's team.

You want to split a bit of the pirates off anyways, both to slow down Valbar's team from charging Barth and to let up on your units a bit.

The ally turn opens with Leon shooting an approaching pirate and just casually removing 2/3rds of his HP.

Image Gonna take more than that!

Valbar just deletes the salty dog.

Image Aww, wanna try that again?

Kamui's high starting Def lets him tank the pirates as well. The only person in this group even remotely at risk of going down is Leon.

Back to our turn, Celica takes advantage of all the supports possible here to put the hurt on this pirate.

Celica gets a good level from it. She can make up for SPD in time, but I'm never going to complain about Def on a mage.

I did this, really because I had no reason to heal anyone yet.

Image Here I come!

Mae takes care of it anyhow.

And gets SPD and RES for it. The SKL and LCK doesn't hurt either. Overall. a pretty good level. Would like her to get some more HP at some point, but it's fine.

I opted not to move Saber here, but it really doesn't amount to much. Genny could've took the hits and been fine.

Eh.

Boey does okay holding off the pirates boarding our ship.

Celica defends herself. That low HP pirate begins to run around the ship in order to try and get to the oranges on our ship.

Actually, it looks as if Genny is at a doubling risk. This leaves her on 3 HP, reminding me that past me had the right idea then.

Image Won't work on me!

The pirates attacking the Valbar crew eat dirt for it.

Leon deletes this pirate's HP as well.

On the Ally turn, he chases down a fleeing pirate with his range.

Image Like this?

Image It's unfair how good I am.

We don't get experience for anything they do, by the way.

Image Gonna take more than that!

The pirates leaving Barth's little corner are stronger than the others.

Unfortunately, these pirates approaching means that Valbar'n'crew are being led towards the boss.

...Oh, no, I'm not worried about them. I'm worried about the boss. You see, I want that EXP.

I actually have to attack with Genny this round because she direly needs the lifesteal.

The gambit pays off.

Boey moves up and takes out this pirate that's been weakened.

Image You're finished!

This pirate is a goner. He's so much of a goner, I'm not even going to bother showing the finisher.

In hindsight, I should've had Mae just focus down that pirate next to Boey, but eh.

Celica needs to charge the boss though. I want her to get the EXP, and Valbar is going to move in on Barth real soon.

This is a stronger pirate though.

This exists.

I will forget about it forever, unfortunately.

Onto enemy turn!

Image You can fall down now.

Immediately, a pirate charges Kamui and this happens.

It's not enough to kill the pirate, but it's enough to shorten my time to take out Barth.

Image Argh... got sloppy.

This gains a bit of that time back.

Boey does some work at tanking the pirates on our backsides.

Image Here it comes!

Luckily, he's tough enough to handle even the stronger pirate hitting him.

Image That all they had?

As I said last update, Boey starts putting in real work here.

And a last pirate makes a bad last decision.

Image So sorry!

Ally round, Leon deletes one pirate with arrows.

Just in case you thought there was a lack of crits in this update.

Image Alright, alright.

This is the crittiest LP, mind you.

Another one bites the dust.

Image All right! Bottoms up!

This pirate is the last one distracting them from Barth, and he won't amount to much.

Image Out of the way!

What did I say about this LP?

Complete overkill.

Genny heals Boey, Mae and Celica move up.

The last boat pirate makes a sad attempt to fight Saber.

Leon finally misses a shot on the last pirate to the north, but it's not enough to save him.

In an immense stroke of luck, this pirate dodges another attack, buying me even more time.

RNGesus must be present, I swear

Image Say good night!

I can't even begin to write words here

On our turn, we can finally start attacking Barth, with the green crew luckily out of the way.

That's a lot of spit.

That's one good hit in.

Celica's unfortunately just barely outside his attack range.

Last normal salty dog is gone.

not even going to say anything

The crew finishes moving up and I end the turn.

Leon moves in on Barth with his crazy range, but misses. It's to be expected given those hit chances.

Unfortunately, Valbar and Kamui move really fast.

You know, IntSys really has a way with making the greens act in the most frustrating ways. I've been rooting against our allies this entire fight.

Another big hurty lightning in.

Celica can almost roast him as is.

But past me waits on doing that for... I guess apprehension that Leon would hit and take the kill?

Hell if I know, but it's the move that ruined this.

Oh, right. Spoilers, this doesn't go our way.

Genny does get a nice level though.

Smugface here hurts.

Leon can't get a shot in on Barth anymore, but really neither can Mae.

Really should've just Turnwheeled.

Off by one point of damage.

Moving back onto the oranges, he dodges another Leon shot.

Okay, so it's only a 49% chance, right?

I was a fool

only a fool would doubt Valbar's power

And you know what? Valbar's so cool, I ain't even mad.

(Funnily enough, this exact same thing happened on the Gaiden playthrough I did with a friend.)

And before the map ends, we get this nice note.

If we hadn't saved them (incredibly unlikely on this difficulty):

Image We couldn’t protect those men… Please, forgive us…

Needless to say, there's a good bit of incidental dialogue following this depending on if they survive or not.

We're gonna hop right into the fort and the story. I'm not waiting until next update for this, heck with it.

I've been waiting on some more good story stuff.

Music: March | Image YT Image KHin Image NES

Ah, here they are.

Talking to Leon or Kamui before talking to Valbar gives us some incidental lines.

Image I’m sorry, what did you need? …Ah yes. Apologies, but I’m not going anywhere without my dear Valbar. Go talk to him if you’re looking for recruits.

Image Sorry, but I’ve got a contract with Valbar. If you want to negotiate with me, you need to go through him first.

Had Valbar died, we'd get these instead:

Image *sob* Valbar… How could you go and leave me all alone like this? How do I go on without you? This is on your heads! All of you! And I’m coming with you to make sure he didn’t die in vain.

(Refusal)

Image Selfish dastards! Try thinking of someone else for once! Enough. Just go. …GO already!

Image I can’t believe that damn fool Valbar is dead. What happens now? Not to be crass, but we had a contract, and now there’s no way to collect.. …Say, any chance you lot want to hire me on?

(Refusal)

Image Yeah, I figured it was a stretch. I guess this is goodbye, then. Best of luck.

So... yeah. Rather depressing. On Normal, it's very hard for Valbar to actually die though. It does reveal some aspects of the characters here we'll see soon enough though.

With that covered, let's do this the normal way.

Image You really saved my bacon back there.

Image …Er, right. Sorry. Got a little emotional there for a second.

Image I’ll be honest—I’m not good at much besides crackin’ skulls. But if you NEED skulls cracked, I’m your man! What do you say?

(If by some inconcievable mistake we refuse)

Image Well, that’s no fun. But hey, come see me if you change your mind.

(On return)

Image Hey, you’re back! Decide you have room for me after all? Find a skull or three that needs bustin’?

Let's be honest, there is no other option here.

Image Well, they’d better make room, because I go where you go!

(If not on the same page)

Image Ugh! Now you’re just being petty. Your beauty is going to make you a tyrant someday if you aren’t careful. Honestly, I don’t even have the words.

(If you talk again)

Image Oh. It’s you again. Decided you need me after all?

Recruited.

(If you talk to Kamui after recruiting Valbar)

Image Well, it’s your call—I don’t have a preference either way.

Image If not, then you’d best stay clear of the Seabound Shrine. Necrodragons are the one thing I absolutely refuse to tangle with.

This is why I've been trying to level Celica by the way. Thanks for spilling the beans, Kamui.

(Refusal)

Image Yeah? All right. I guess we part ways here, then. Good luck.

(Return)

Image Hmm? What is it? Now you want me to come with you?

He's coming with as well, something that triggers this:

Image I go where you go—that’s the deal. And I don’t care who doesn’t like it.

Image You jokers are a couple of real class acts. You ever stop to think that maybe you’re being rude to the priestess?!

To be fair, we never specifically told him what we were doing.

Image It’s an honor and a pleasure to have such capable company. They’ve both proven their skill, and can be rather amusing to boot. So I thank you one and all for brightening our journey.

Image We should be the ones thanking YOU!

Image My my, that was some praise…

Image Did you jokers hear ANYTHING I just said?

Image Hee hee!

:allears:

But yeah, this bunch is great and is personally part of why I like Act 2 so much.

...I can't help but feel the way this chain of events is structured oddly though- it seems like they originally intended for them to all join together regardless. Having to individually talk to each one of them (while they're all in the same room) and getting a "Wow, you're going? I'm going too" and then getting it again once all three are recruited is a bit jarring.

I guess it's just a side effect of them wanting you to have the option of recruiting them or not. I appreciate it's still in the game, but it's also just something you'd really not usually do outside of self-inflicted challenge runs.

Eh, I can ponder the mechanical aspects of the game all day. Let's get to inspecting.

Image I don't suppose anyone bothered to tidy the place up recently.

I mean, given they werre raiding merchant ships, I imagine they were stealing the food from them as well.

Speaking of, there's a ton of food on this table. Nothing of particular note though.

Well, this sure is a lot of money. None of it's actually useful to us though.

:V:

And a jarring reminder to break the joking mood.

Image I've never seen some of these coins before. How interesting...

This is probably hinting at it being Rigelian money, but I like to think this means it's Archanean currency. After all, Altea and all that stuff is just across the ocean.

Image I wonder if there's any way to return this to it's rightful owners...

Now this is the kind of loot I'm looking for.

There happens to be this cog up here alongside some Ram Wine, and Iron Sword, and a Rusted Shield.

This here is also hiding in the gold piles. It's basically a free level up on whatever character we use it on. It's still going on Celica regardless to speed up getting Seraphim.

Image Oh, I’ve heard tale of a wondrous treasure that sleeps there… but while I like a bit of coin as much as the next, I’d urge you to reconsider.

Image Steel won’t even tickle its hide. They say it scoffs at all but Seraphim magic.

While this may seem redundant, (and it kinda is,) but this guy's mostly here just in case you couldn't recruit Kamui. It's kind game design, though perhaps a bit overbearing.

Image We owes you our freedom! Zofian pirate scum ride the sea like they owns it, but what’s our emperor do?

Image Just what kinda man’s he become, anyway?

I'm not sure why this guy's got such a heavy accent given nobody else we will meet has accents like this. Guess it's just a quirk.

Also, it's worth mentioning that even if this group of sailors had been traveling from the southeastern part of Rigel, it's been a REALLY long boat ride.

Image But since ascending to the throne… Well, something has certainly changed. Still, I continue to place my faith in him, as must we all.

I can't remember if the game tells us at some point, but Rudolf is only distantly related to Rigel III, the previous ruler. The Empire prioritizes strength over direct lineage, and Rudolf was the strongest around out of the people in line for the crown.

None of this is really important yet, but it provides nice worldbuilding.

As a side note, the story for this game makes way more sense when you have the timeline to look at. I'll cover some of it's details in time, but it's mostly spoiler material presently. They seriously don't go over enough of this stuff in the game.

Also, the Rigelian Empire is called an empire, but is under total control of the emperor with no sub-kings or lesser rulers, so it's kind of more a dictatorship than an empire, I think.

We're not done yet though! That's right, it's a bonus, lengthy update!

There's base conversations to see. I actually remembered this time!

Image Look, I know you set out on this journey with a solemn purpose and junk. And WHILE I know that… I can’t help but feel super crazy excited about it! I mean, I’ve barely even been off the ISLAND before! But I feel terrible for feeling this way. It seems so disrespectful, you know?

Image Then I guess I’ll take that as permission to be super excited! You should try to have some fun with this too. It’ll do you good! Oh, but the whole “solemn purpose” thing is still top priority, obviously.

I cannot begin to express how good the VA work is on this. :allears:

Image Didn’t think I’d be storming a pirate fort today when I got up this morning. When you decide to do something, Milady, you really go for it. Times like that, it really hits home how we were born into different stations.

Image I hope this journey will teach me to see things with a broader perspective.

To my great detriment, I'm the opposite in this regard. I'm always considering the long-term all the time, but never spending enough time looking at the short term. I also never look ahead far enough for my long-term thinking to help that much.

Basically I'm bad at planning.

Image ...but to be honest, I’m more than a little afraid. I’ve always been the type to stay home and read rather than go on adventures. Guess I’d rather write a story about an epic quest than be on one myself. Though I imagine being left out would feel even worse…

This is about the point where Genny's trope starts to show. It's a bit ambiguous before now, but this should give you the idea of what her direction is.

Image I didn’t think I’d be bum-rushing a pirate fort as soon as I took this job. Doesn’t exactly bode well for the future, if I’m honest.

Unfortunately for you, Saber, you're right on the mark with that prediction.

Image If there’s anything I can do to help, just say the word. I’m serious! No need to hold back. I owe you my life, after all. Gives me chills to think how I could have died before getting revenge.

Valbar is just the best. Mae is also the best.

Image Me, I can’t imagine giving my all for a gig that doesn’t pay. No one asked you to solve this mess— let alone paid you—yet here you are. Seems like your job is a tougher one than I’m willing to take on.

Luckily for Kamui, Mila and Duma aren't necessarily omniscient or even omnipresent. Kamui's also notably one of the few characters who attributes nothing/nearly nothing to the two gods of Valentia.

Image I’m nauseous, I’m sunburned, and I’m wind-beaten. I look like death’s damp leftovers. But YOU look fresh as a daisy, Priestess! What’s your secret?

Image But you look like a dew-dappled angel! Augh, that’s so annoying… Well, youth is great and all, but don’t expect it to last.

This is always one of the most agitating things to hear. Natural beauty has it's penchant for being jealousy-inspiring by the pure matter of the situation.

I suppose it's a good reminder to not put stock in physical appearance, and while I learned my lesson there and haven't in a long time, this is still way too relatable for me. :sigh:

Anyhow, that's all for today. 51 extra screenshots to make up for that holiday break.

See you next time!

Next Time: The Plot Thickens A Bit

----------------------------------

CHARACTER PROFILES:

Name: Valbar
Original: Valbo

Image -> Image

Growths:

HP:60 ATK:40 SKL:40 SPD:30 LCK:25 DEF:50 RES:1

This man. Just, this man. How can you not love him? Leon knows where it's at.

:allears:

...Okay, okay, I'll give you a real profile here. Valbar brings along with him not only his jolly, dorky personality, but a presence as the team's first real tank unit. Though Saber, Kamui, and Boey can all try and claim that role, Valbar is a very needed wall at this point. While his stats may be notably a bit below the normal for a Knight, his comparatively massive DEF growth lets him hold this role as long as you'll probably need it. Mages will still tear through him, as is to be expected, but he comes really early and that's what counts so much for me. He's also not a bad candidate for reclassing either; those stats are still very useful in Cav or Merc. That, and his slow movespeed isn't any slower than Boey or Mae's so, it's not as noticeable.

Design-wise, Valbar is pretty much similar in all regards. His present appearance is a mix of his sprite and the box appearance, while his personality is has the same valiance to it, but with the added side of family man and dork.

Valbar only has one loved food, meats, he likes bitter and refined, and actually hates nothing. That's actually three characters who hate nothing on this route. There actually seems to be 4 in the game overall, because I can't count apparently.

He also has the highest fatigue tolerance at 0.65. You can't get any better than this.

Name: Kamui

Image -> Image

Growths:

HP:50 ATK:40 SKL:30 SPD:40 LCK:25 DEF:30 RES: 0

Kamui loves money and that really seems to be it... on the surface that is. He's got a bit more depth to him than just that, but he'll evidently let you know what it is he says he's in for. He's from a nomad group originally, though he never specifies as to where. Kamui's also notably one of the least religious characters in the game, which is possibly why his LCK is so low. None of his level-up lines mention a god of some kind, and his line for a level with mostly LCK in it attributes "at least half of it to skill".

Speaking of his mechanical applications, Kamui continues the trend of the oddly statted/growing characters that show up early on here with his tradeoff of SPD for a beefier ATK and DEF. Honestly, can't complain about that. His growths are nothing special, but he'll keep a good spot on the team regardless.

Compared to his original look, he also got quite the overhaul in design and the new look is honestly quite more inspired than his original one. Personality-wise, he didn't originally mention money and was in general just really casual. He did actually mention his dislike of necrodragons and the need for Seraphim (then Angel) magic though.

Kamui's favorite foods are either rich (:V) or anything with meat. He likes refined food, but hates anything sweet.

Name: Leon
Original: Leo

Image -> Image

Growths:

HP:45 ATK:30 SKL:50 SPD:30 LCK:30 DEF:30 RES:4

I'll be honest and say I don't know what the general consensus is on Leon given he plays to the flamboyant gay man stereotype, but at least it's far less offensive than previous representation in the series. Honestly, I really like Leon. The game doesn't go out of it's way to throw a big fit about him, the personality's not overdone, and he's just generally entertaining. Though I say this with the caveat that he also reminds me greatly of a friend of mine from years back.

(I suppose on the negative side there's also something to be said regarding the fact his relationship with Valbar remains at "unrequited crush" the whole time. They didn't really give Leon an actual romance arc with anyone, though there's plenty of others in the game. At the very least, he's better done than Heather from Radiant Dawn.)

Mechanically, while Leon's growths aren't the most stellar, the SKL growth really does help for the poor accuracy of bows, and his base stats are just stellar compared to the bases for Archers. He's the only one we get on Celica's side, and he really does do his job well. He even comes with an Iron Bow, so we don't have to equip him, but he is likely to double some stuff.

Compared to his Gaiden counterpart, Leon's visually not all that different, though I do have to say I like the new hair color a lot. Personality-wise, he's a good bit less grim, and his original regard of Valbar as a "sworn brother" is now changed for his present crush on Valbar.

He loves sweet foods, likes rich and bitter, and hates meaty foods.
Last edited by The Flying Twybil on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've never heard anyone say a bad word against Leon, which is fair because he's the actual best.

One of things I do like about Leon is that Lucien Dodge does a wonderful job of balancing the gay stereotype while also conveying that he's just as much a veteran combatant as the likes of Valbar and Saber. Meanwhile, Valbar finishes off our weird early-game prepromote distribution for this game, with him and Saber being the damage sponges meant to cover for Celica and her motley crew of mages. I think the only real clunker is Kamui. He's just...there. No real impact outside of the Necrodragon tutorial, and sadly has to compete with Saber, any of Alm's units, and three other people for the same role. Kamui is probably the one unit that'll certainly drop off as the game goes on, if only because you'll begin focusing on certain units and weeding out the extraneous chaff.

I forgot that Valbar always had that impressive chin. That said he's certainly good at what he does and what he does is something Celica's route is in dire need of. However there's one (well, two to be exact but you can probably guess the second based on his 0 RES) not-so-slight problem with him looming in the distance, which is why I didn't really use him that much, which is that Celica's route ends up being extremely unkind to armor knights (though I guess that's not a big deal if you Pitchfork him into something more mobile). That's a bit of a ways off though.

I guess Kamui is supposed to be the "balanced" mercenary of the bunch (and I guess the strong one if you don't recruit the actual strong one) but he just ends up being sort of there.

I am also a big fan of Leon as well. Regarding Kamui he may not be the most exciting unit but mercenary is an excellent class considering what they can eventually upgrade into.

The Flying Twybil wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 am

Image I’m nauseous, I’m sunburned, and I’m wind-beaten. I look like death’s damp leftovers. But YOU look fresh as a daisy, Priestess! What’s your secret?

Image But you look like a dew-dappled angel! Augh, that’s so annoying… Well, youth is great and all, but don’t expect it to last.
Think you've got the same image twice here.

I never really had a big opinion on Leon, I'm generally not a fan of the unrequited love archetype and I don't really remember much else about him being notable, though I do recall some good snark at points. Definitely agree with Valbar being the best, somehow in my original Gaiden run he went crazy on the speed growths and was doubling most the enemies in the game, I have no idea how it happened.

Espella wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 am
Think you've got the same image twice here.
Thanks for catching that. As it turns out, I somehow never screenshotted the dialogue that was supposed to be there, just that line twice. Lucky me, I actually hadn't gotten rid of the recording yet.
Espella wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 am
I'm generally not a fan of the unrequited love archetype
Neither am I, especially when there's other romance arcs actively happening around them.

As something worth noting right now, my current job's workload fluctuates a lot and presently it's been on full force of late. I haven't had much time for LP stuff in general in the past while, and while I'm hoping it loosens up on me I've got no guarantees it will at the moment. If it doesn't, I might have to go on hiatus for a bit until it loosens up.

I'll still hopefully have next week's update out even if I will need to, so look forward to that.

...So about having that other update out soon.

I've been pretty loaded down with work, and while I was able to get some stuff for my other LP done, I barely had time for that alone, let alone get to tackling this one. As always, I'm hoping it'll lighten up on me more soon, but like, it really hasn't so far. I'll try to find some space to get at least through this next update soon, but I can't guarantee anything.

Eh, I suppose one can only have so much free time before it has to vanish again.

Thanks for the update and hopefully work does start easing up for you soon.

So, another update, but not really the LP kind:

At this rate I'm going to have to put both LPs on hold for a few weeks or something while I get all this stuff sorted out. I've got a lot of things I have to do presently, and I haven't even barely had the time for one LP let alone two anymore. At some point my schedule will probably just clear out again and I'll be left with nothing but really my personal projects again, but that time isn't the present, unfortunately.

When things change, I'll let you all know, but pretty much everything is up in the air right now.