However, We At C.A.I. Believe in Second Chances - Let's Play Miss Management!

An archival space for the threads that made it.
Yeah, Mahavir persisting when Tara shot him down is not a good look for him at all. And Pearl's showing why she hasn't be promoted

EDIT: I suspect in 2008 when the game was published that Mahavir isn't meant to come off as much of a pest as he does now, a lot of has changed in 12 years.

Episode 11: Outro Update

Video:

Last time, we tried to keep Tara's terrible, no-good, very bad day from burning her out. Today... we see how that turned out.

Image I'm not sure Tibetan nasal massage is really my thing. I'm not sure it even IS a thing.

I'm not sure either, considering absolutely nothing came up when I tried to look it up.

Image But answer me this... will it minimize my pores?

Sounds useful for those days where exactly one nostril decides to be the worst and plug itself up while the other has no idea what it's complaining about until the roles are reversed.

Image Perfect for wounds of the body, or the mind.
Image In that case, perhaps you should ask Tara... her petals are wilting lately!

And whose partial fault would that be, hmmmmmmm? :raise:

Image Ah, the oneness of solitude...
Image The beauty of a lonesome rose!

I'm not sure that one quite landed, but it does seem rather difficult to get alone time in this office, despite having only 5 people in it at the moment.

And with that, those three start heading for the door...

:ohdear:

Image Oh, honey, I know...

Well, we managed to keep her from needing to work at all in the gameplay portion, but I get the feeling that's not exactly the intended strategy considering we had 5 Days to do it, soooooooo :ssh:

Image You've hardly had any time for your drawing, right?

...oh, um, yeaaaah, maybe this is a good time to point out that Tara hasn't had a Whiteboard Goal since Episode 7. :smith:

Image Oh, sweetie! Don't say such things, of course you can still draw!

Image It'll be okay, I promise.

Not the best line for these situations, I'm gonna be real, but maybe the best we can manage right now.

Image I'm just so...

O-Oh. Oh boy. :stare:

Image Oh, my!

Image I went to art school for three years! I got this job because I'm talented!

Image I... I am?

...there we go. There's the opening we needed.

Image I mean... I didn't mean to get carried away.

Image I mean... I'm sorry, I try to help... but it's so busy around here, and Pearl is so...

:unsmith:

Image Yeah?
Image Yeah. Let's go.

Well, I'd like to think that went pretty darn well, so-

...hm?

Image You've probably missed Shining Magical Warrior Himiko X!
Image Shining Beauty Warrior.
Image Oh yes, of course.

:allears:

And there we have it. Of course, there's one more Episode to this Season, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens to wrap things up, now won't we? :keke:

Next time, we see the aftermath of Denise's counsel, yet again. See you then.

Connecting...

Checking Status: Online

Chatroom Created

Image There we go, an opening. Just in time, too.
Image That was worrying for a moment, but I'm glad it turned out alright. She might become ready for what I need her to do, with a performance like that. Still not quite there, but I like what I'm seeing.
Image You know I'll take any pats on the back for keeping this whole thing going, so thanks.
Image Ha, of course. Just don't go overboard with it yet; we still need to see how things turn out tomorrow.
Image True, true. I like to think the kid'll be alright now that someone's finally reinforced that it's fine to assert herself.
Image Fair, but the way she handles things tomorrow will be crucial. ...probably gonna be amazing, though, can't lie there.
Image I'd bet on it, but I'd like to keep my spending money instead of jinxing tomorrow.
Image Fine then, no extra coffee for me. See you later?
Image Yeah, I think I will. And if you're so dead-set on that coffee, see me after work tomorrow if you've got the time. It's been a while.
Image Fair enough, it's really been too long. See you then.

Chatroom Closed
Last edited by LPFinale on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You know, the last time we gave someone advice about how to deal with workplace issues, they ended up taking it way too far in the other direction. I have a bad feeling about this.

Pearl deserves almost anything Tara dishes out.

Mahavir needs a smack upside the head with a clue-by-4.

It's nice to see that Tara seems to be a bit happier after finally letting it all out.

Let's see what the next shift brings us, though...

... Why do I half suspect next episode is going to be some very interesting goals with that conversation given.

Alright, here's a fun question:

So, you can't send someone to someone else's desk (you can't send Pearl to Luke's desk, or Tara to Winston's, etc.).

What personal effects do you think people have in or on their desks?

Pearl almost certainly has a bunch of random manuals to various company rules that really don't matter in the slightest in her desk.

Tara has elaborately graffitied the entirety of her desk drawer with anime panels.

Junpei wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:13 pm
What personal effects do you think people have in or on their desks?
Luke I'm sure has crystals piled everywhere. Mahavir probably has a copy of 'The Art of Seduction' or some equally garbage book full of sexist advice.

I really sympathise with Tara. My last last job had managers that just would not leave me alone. If you were walking past them working they just had to make a comment. And id end up going past them 3 times in an hour...

Something tells me she's about to leave pretty quickly!

Episode 12: Story Update

Video:

Well, now that Tara's gotten a boost of confidence, how about we see how it compares to last time, eh?

Ohhhhh yeah, I like where this is going already. :getin:

If Mahavir had a smug expression, I guarantee it would be operating at max capacity right now.

Image Oh man, I can feel the karmic energy flowing through my shambhalic ducts.

:tinfoil:-esque ramblings aside, 3...

Image In fact...

Image Wow, so that's what shambhalic ducts are?

Blastoff. :golfclap:

Anyways, Shambhala is both some sort of mythical kingdom in Buddhist texts and is also the name of a branch of Buddhism apparently started in 2000, if Wikipedia is to be believed and my reading comprehension hasn't failed me utterly. No idea where it stands since I know basically nothing about the finer details of Buddhism, but rest assured that looking up what a "shambhalic duct" is returns exactly 5 results that Google just scrounged from the bottom of the bin in a desperation to show SOME sort of result.

Image Tara!

Oh right, we get to have fun watching this happen today~ :munch:

Image Do I need to go over the Six Steps of Strategic Success with you again?

Image That's my cue to go take a nap!

Oh, this'll be priceless :rolleyes:

Image Mmmm, no, I don't think so.
Image What?
Image I think today's going to be a little different.

Image Well, in that case, let's... Wait, what did you say?
Image I said no. I have other things to do.

Image What did you do now?

Oh wait, right, she's gonna be livid :stonklol:

Image Denise, I need to talk to you IMMEDIATELY.

Well, uh... that went okay. Overall positive. Now we just need to manage an extremely angry micromanager. No big deal. It may or may not be a big deal.

Next time, we introduce one of the most brutal Goal types in the game. See you then.
Last edited by LPFinale on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uh-oh! Looks like Denise has to have a chat with Pearl at the water cooler as one of the goals! :ohdear:

Also, Winston is still away?? Oh boy. This will be an interesting shift.

LPFinale wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:26 am
Next time, we introduce one of the most brutal Goal types in the game. See you then.
Huh boy. It's either 'no burn out' or something worse.

I can't wait! :sun:

So I assume Luke is gonna continue his tea/bathroom visits, Tara is gonna draw on the art board all day, and Denise is gonna get stressed from Pearl bitching at her over by the water cooler. That's my guesses. oh, and Mahavir takes a nap of course.

Talow wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:31 am
So I assume Luke is gonna continue his tea/bathroom visits, Tara is gonna draw on the art board all day, and Denise is gonna get stressed from Pearl bitching at her over by the water cooler. That's my guesses. oh, and Mahavir takes a nap of course.
I don't believe Denise even gets any stress from being lectured at the water cooler, actually. She just gains stress when tasks are left undone.

But then again, episode goals can adjust things a teensy bit in the background, so we'll see.

Oh whew, looks like Tara's just being more assertive now instead of gearing up to totally bail like Timothy? Maybe if we're lucky it'll be Pearl who flips out and leaves instead?!

One can hope.

Taiyo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:51 am
But then again, episode goals can adjust things a teensy bit in the background, so we'll see.
An itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny office goal adjust-a-tini? :sun:

Episode 12: Gameplay Update, "It's Always the Quiet Ones..."

:siren: Video:

Alright... here we go. The tightest time frame we have to work with yet, and the time we introduce the most brutal Goal type:

Now, I'm sure that most of these look like standard fare for the Season Finale, but Pearl's Goal... Pearl's is special.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, Denise has to be somewhere to get a Goal done. Rest assured, she still has no means of gaining Stress from anything but Overdue Tasks, but with the amount of time you need to spend at these Goals, she'll gain plenty of Stress from those anyway.

Just keep in mind, those of you watching the video... you never really notice how long it takes Denise to carry the Tasks everywhere until she has somewhere else she needs to be. :ohdear:

Our starting positions. From here, we need to send everyone where they need to be as fast as possible.

We pawn off that Task on Luke before heading over to the Water Cooler. For the sake of our sanity, and the fact that we'll need to bring back Pearl to work on Tasks on occasion, lecturing Denise at the Water Cooler will lower her Stress pretty quickly.

Mahavir and Tara will not be leaving their spots for today, if all goes well. On most of my practice runs of this, I brought Tara back for a bit to take care of that 6-Task Goal on Day 1, but maybe we won't have to.

Once the desk has 5 or 6 Tasks on it, that's when we need to bring Pearl and Denise back to start handing them out and finishing them. Remember that on top of all of this time pressure, there's also a cash Goal in the form of $90 for Deluxe Markers; long story short, we have no spare cash AT ALL for Donuts, Coffee, or Diet Sodas. :stonklol:

After dealing with those Tasks and the 3 extra ones that slipped in while we were carting around the others, we head back to the usual spots to repeat the process. This is what Day 1 will look like, for the most part.

Luke finally deals with that unholy abomination he drank the other day, and while Denise's Stress levels would be quite manageable for a few more Seconds, the Tasks overflowing wouldn't be; if a Task is meant to spawn in while there are 6 on the Desk, they're discarded instead, and that's lost revenue. I might be corrected on this statement later on when they really do threaten to overwhelm the desk, but that's what I remember for now, so we're going on that assumption since we can't afford to lose any more cash than necessary.

Thus, we get to work handing them out while Luke makes it clear what his new Goal is. Unsurprising, considering his circular thinking.

While Pearl nearly has a heart attack, we finally send her back to the Water Cooler; she can take care of what's left of that Task before the Day ends.

And the end is approaching; we managed to talk with Pearl for over 60 Seconds by letting Tasks pile up just before their limit. However, that particular strategy will get more and more difficult as time goes on, thanks to increased workloads.

And here's where we end the day. Mahavir would've been able to complete his own Goal if he was automatically at the Couch when the Episode started, but alas. On the bright side, $62 is slightly more than my usual amount in the practice runs.

Now, all of this looks pretty manageable, even knowing there's another Optional Goal; that one's fine too, at least in terms of time. The problem comes in when you realize we still have to earn enough cash to get the Deluxe Markers AND deliver them before the Day is over. We have no spare cash for Diet Sodas, and even if we did, there's only 6 Item Storage spaces, so we'd have to enter OfficeTown twice, which also eats additional time.

Basically what I'm saying is that because Tara's desk is on the opposite side of the office from the Item Storage, all of my practice runs are barely 3 Days long. Ah well. At least I can show how close it can get. :eng99:

Starting positions, you know the drill.

Mahavir finishes his Goal, and I sure hope you all noticed that the Arcade Machine was still here! :science:

Of course, the main problem with this is that it stresses out Pearl where Mahavir taking a nap on the Couch doesn't, so we'll be under even more Task strain until someone's done with their Goal, namely Tara, since we still need to get these things done to buy the Deluxe Markers.

See the above Arcade Machine discussion, and see the relevant Goal being unlocked here.

Now that Pearl's finally had her fill of berating the office manager, it's time to get to work on pumping out cash, as well as hopefully sending Luke to the Water Cooler soon.

Now we prepare for Tara's return. It's rather fortunate that a bunch of Art and Writing Tasks are coming in, I've gotta say; all of them have an equal spawn rate today.

Finally, we send Luke to the Water Cooler while collecting an easy 0-Bar Writing Task from his efforts. It's time to call Tara back.

Now we just have to hope Tara can plow through all of these in time to keep Denise from melting into a puddle... of course, she does hold the title of the fastest Employee in the game when it comes to Art Tasks~

I go ahead and turn on the AC while sending Pearl to the Microwave to compensate; we'll need Tara to do good work, and that's kinda hard if the Writing Tasks in her pile cause a Burn Out on their own.

Tara finishes just in time to stop Denise from being in the Danger state for too long, saving the run. Now we just need to send her back and figure out how to deal with the remaining Tasks.

Ah, that's how. Mahavir just finished up his time at the Arcade Machine, letting us drop off an Overdue Technical Task at his desk without worry.

Oh, and Pearl just barely avoids a Burn Out, but since she's not involved with any of the remaining Goals and the Day's 3/4 of the way done, it honestly wouldn't be a terrible thing if it happened, so long as we can keep Denise calm without her around to work.

Alright, Tara's done, and... wait. Wait a minute. We have $90 once Mahavir finishes off that Art Task in a second, and we'll have nearly 36 Seconds to deliver the Deluxe Markers. I've... I've never managed to get that much time left in my practice runs! :stare:

...oh. Oh I know what I can do with this. :getin:

Oh boy. If this somehow works, I swear...

Luke finishes up his Goal, and based on the time we have left,

DO YOU DREEEEEEAM

THE IMPO-O-OSSIBLE DREEEEEEAM

I swear to you it never went this well on any of my practice runs, my other file still has a 3-Day Recordddddd

:frogsiren:

W-Well... um... next time, we see the aftermath of a performance like that? I guess??? See you then????? :confuoot:

Goal Writeup

Time Per Day: 140 Seconds

Task Types
  • Image Art Tasks: 25%
  • Image Financial Tasks: 25%
  • Image Technical Tasks: 25%
  • Image Writing Tasks: 25%
Task Bursts
  • 2-Task Burst, Applies Delay of 8-10 Seconds: 50%
  • 1-Task Burst, Applies Delay of 8-9 Seconds: 50%
Task Sizes
  • Image 3-Bar Tasks: 100%
Required Goals
  • Image "Complete a whiteboard masterpiece. (200 Seconds)"
  • Image "Get the last six deluxe markers to finish her collection. (6 Deluxe Markers)"
  • Image "Visit the bathroom five times in one day. (5 Bathroom Visits; 40 Seconds, One Day Rush) Unlocks Optional Goal #1
  • Image "Complain to Denise at the water cooler about Tara's insubordination. (90 Seconds)"
  • Image "Pearl wants Tara to do at least six tasks in one day. (6 Tasks)
  • Image "Take a long nap on the couch. (140 Seconds)" Unlocks Optional Goal #2
Optional Goals
  • Image "Relax at the water cooler with a mug of medicinal herb tea. (60 Seconds)"
  • Image "Fiddle around with Winston's arcade machine. (70 Seconds)"
Last edited by LPFinale on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:stare: holy shit I remember you talking about this timing window and I didn’t think it could be done.

That’s amazing. :golfclap:

You are so good at this!

I'm really impressed.
It's amazing to see you breaking the game like this. :golfclap:

Good show, good show! :golfclap:

Dang, Pearl was cutting it pretty close there. If she hadn't made it to the microwave in time, we probably would have seen our first burnout.

Wouldn't have happened to a nicer person.

"Get the last six deluxe markers to complete her collection."
Oh dear me. She's... going to be leaving, huh? :ohdear:

Taiyo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:23 am
"Get the last six deluxe markers to complete her collection."
Oh dear me. She's... going to be leaving, huh? :ohdear:
Yeah. "Complete a masterpiece", "finish collection". Those goals made me worrying too.

Nicely Done. And honestly, I dunno if Tara's leaving or staying.

Season 2 Finale Update

Video:

Well, last time we did something I didn't quite believe when I recorded it. This time...

...we start with a text box that auto-proceeds before the lighting is finished. Ah well, works fine in video form.

Image I don't know why you think it's a good idea to...

Image Hmm? Oh, yes, I've heard every word you've said, ma'am.

Image Well, it certainly doesn't seem like it.

Image Also, we need to order a new supply of microwave popcorn for you.

...wait, no more popcorn? Thaaaaaaat's gonna be a problem, I think. :ohdear:

Image Hmmph.
Image Yes, that's all correct.
Image If you're done, I really should take care of a few more tasks.

:owned:

Image I suppose so, yes...

Well, glad to have her off our back, finally. Now to just-

Image Tara!

Image Wait one second before you hurry out of here like you always do.

What NOW? :nallears:

Image You really ought to consider staying later at the office sometimes, it shows...

...that you're willing to work for free and they don't need to pay you what you're worth, I'm sorry Pearl, but that strategy hasn't held up since the day it entered someone's head and has been perpetuated despite its continuous lack of results. For example, I happen to know someone who's preaching that strategy who's been on the same rung on the totem pole for 40 years. I'm sure you know them.

See, Tara's an artist, she already knows doing stuff for free is a terrible idea. Were "Exposure Bucks TM" an issue back then as well? I get the feeling it probably was since it just seems like the kind of thing humanity would have a problem with at all times, no matter the advancements.

Anyways, it's time to shut up for a bit and :munch:

Image My, my. More backtalk, is it? You've certainly developed an ungrateful streak.

Image So what..?
Image Excuse me? What did you say?

Image I said...

:suspense:

Image Well, I never!

Image Never respected me? Never cared what I thought? Never let me get a word in edgewise?
Image Of all the...

Image You know what? I'm talented. I'm a good artist. And this company is lucky to have me.

Image Not any more! I have better things to to with my education, and my life!

Image I didn't need a single Super Himiko Star Flower Kick! I guess I've got my own special moves too!

Image Special moves!

We interrupt this :munch: session to say that you're not helping, big guy.

But with that...

...she's gone. Another one escapes this place to find their own future. :unsmith:

Image That was so awesome, and like... feminist.

Image See what I mean, sir?

...wait. No. No way.

Image Yes, now that that's all over...
Image Huh?
Image The phone?

:magical:

Image Right you are, my boy.

Image So I'm transferring all of you down here to the central office, as of next week... under my direct supervision!

Image *click*

:catstare:

Image Well, I ought to be getting home, lots of work on Monday with packing and all!

Seems even Denise is set off by this. Can't blame her, really.

Image Hold your tongue, little miss Denise! I know you think I'm a stickler for efficiency and strict about getting work done.

Image Who do you think writes all the policy manuals?

I'm desperately trying not to imagine that as an ojou-sama laugh. God, I'm trying.

Image You'd better be nice to me. You'll be needing my help.

That may turn out to be true, but... mmph.

She exits as well.

Image Um... should I even ask what this Mr. Morgenstern is like?

Image Not to mention, now you need a new artist.

The Art Task Prophecy reaches its next stage in the cycle, spoken of by Prophet Timothy.

Yeah, those, ah... those overdue Tasks really get to ya sometimes, I gotta say. Just been fortunate that you haven't melted down yet.

Next time, we step into the office of the Man himself. See you then...

Connecting...

Checking Status: Online

Chatroom Created

Image Can't say I didn't see this coming, but I didn't expect it to go this comparitively well. For Tara, at least. Not sure about everyone else.
Image A full office transfer? I know this guy, that's within his power, but... god, the paperwork that had to go into that...
Image If you learn one thing from climbing to the very middle of the power rung, it's how to push papers. I'm sure several offices were given utter headaches trying to get all of those forms through on time. ...if they were even processed by the time he announced that to them. Wouldn't be surprised.
Image *sigh* This'll either put Denise on the fast track to getting where we need her to be, or it'll be a farcical circus act put on by Pearl. I'm not even willing to bet on that one. And thank you for the coffee, no strings attached. It was nice to talk in-person again. All of this has been crazy.
Image I can't begin to imagine what you've been having to do up there to keep them at bay for so long. It's only fair you get to vent... in exchange for my own venting.
Image Yeah, yeah, I'm sure I could name every little thing that bothers you by now, ya know. There's no end to those little things in an office building.
Image That just goes to show how well she's been handling things as office manager so far, especially with the Queen of the Paper Pushers trying to exert dominance where she has next to none. Whatever you need, she'll be ready, given even a bit more time.
Image You're not exactly aware of the full scope, but... I'll take your word for it. Surviving middle management hell will mean a lot when it comes to convincing me of that. See you next Monday or so?
Image Roughly. See you then.

Chatroom Closed
Last edited by LPFinale on Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Welp, there she goes. I wish all the best for her.

Also, a full office transfer under Duncan? Ouch. Hopefully he's not... that bad as Pearl is making him out to be. Hoo boy.

Taiyo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
Also, a full office transfer under Duncan? Ouch. Hopefully he's not... that bad as Pearl is making him out to be. Hoo boy.
Well, bear in mind that Duncan is someone who Pearl approves of. I don't know what that means, but anyone who's a friend of Pearl's isn't likely to be good news for anyone else.

Well this is gonna be interesting.

Also, Pearl is acting like she owns the place. "Ungrateful" - to whom? Pearl? Pearl's not Tara's boss. And arguably, I'm not sure that 'gratitude' has a place when it's an employer-employee relation in a capitalist society.

I hope Pearl is hoisted on her own petard.

I figured there'd be an office remodel between seasons again but didn't expect a full-on move.

Putting a higher-up on speakerphone secretly and then baiting someone into saying something negative is so underhanded I'm physically upset about it happening in a video game.

I had to look it up, it's not illegal per se in most regions but god that's fucking scummy.

if Luke is such a health nut, why does he get stress reductions from donuts? They're basically pure sugar...

LPFinale wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:12 am
Episode 11: Gameplay Update, "Pearl Strikes Back"
I've been playing along with this thread to improve my scores, and I found on this level it helped to buy one marker with the starting money on the first day and have Tara pick it up in between chatting with Pearl and Mahavir. You don't have to take a longer break for her stress to drop, and that's one less you have to deliver on Day 2.

whitehelm wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:21 pm

I've been playing along with this thread to improve my scores, and I found on this level it helped to buy one marker with the starting money on the first day and have Tara pick it up in between chatting with Pearl and Mahavir. You don't have to take a longer break for her stress to drop, and that's one less you have to deliver on Day 2.
Yeah, that was probably the faster way overall. Sometimes it's hard to keep in mind that these Goal items also cleanse a ton of Stress.

Episode 13: Story Update

Video:

Last time, Pearl was a snake, a witch, an evil vizier. At least Tara verbally flipped the double bird before vacating the premises and avoiding what's about to happen to us. This time...

...oh yeah. That's totally not a concerning title.

And meaningless graphs, too! My favorite quirk of middle management!

I gotta admit, despite the lethal-grade testosterone radiating from the table over there, I'm really digging the carpet paired with the wood walls and trim. :golfclap:

Also why is there a picture of Mahavir already, Duncan, we just got here

Image So this is where the Man works, huh?

And no microwave, either, so guess what THAT means. :geno:

Image Totally not cool for my lungs, man... At least none of us actually smoke... Right?
Image Actually, Pearl smokes like a chimney. She likes it even more than popcorn!

Considering I have access to the code, she does not. It's the same, actually. Probably just her nicotine addiction talking, Mahavir.

Image And, um, young lady, of course.

This may or may not become a running theme, fair warning.

Image I've cleared out this section of the building and brought over your equipment so that we can work together. And I tell you, I'm certainly looking forward to it!

He seems... peppier than how Pearl makes him sound. Matches with his tone near the end of the phone call, though, so... hmm.

And the Whiteboard, too. Hmmmmmm... :iiam:

Image Now, Pearl tells me you've all been lacking in motivation recently. I want to try a little experiment...
Image Uh, excuse me.
Image Yes... Luke, is it?

:rimshot:

Also, since I had to look up what the heck a nutmeat is, turns out it's just the part of a nut you eat. Like shredded coconut or peanuts. Honestly the most likely thing to actually be a real problem for Luke, besides his tea.

Image Ah. Well, no, it's not that sort of experiment.

Wait, oddly-specific capitalized words usually mean an acronym, so... :raise:

Image I like to refer to this strategic morale system as... M.A.L.E.

:what:

Image Wow. Just... wow.

Oh hey, another word I didn't know when I was little! Lemme just go grab it, aaaaand...
swarth·y (swôr′thē)
adj. swarth·i·er, swarth·i·est
Having a dark complexion or color.
OH.

OKAY THEN. :stare:

Image All right, team! There's a lot of work that needs to be done today, and Denise will be distributing tasks to everyone!

Oh right, you still exist.

Image Dude, like I said... the Man...

I have no idea what Luke thinks the scope of this situation is, but he's probably at least somewhat right. This is already kind of a mess.

Image Feel free to try your hand at all sorts of tasks.
Image If you feel yourself becoming... demotivated...

Oh boy, pep talks too, my least favorite quirk of middle management!

Image Can't I just take a nap instead?
Image Absolutely not! You need more pep, sir!

I mean, I can already tell you he won't get stressed by Mahavir napping, but it's neat to see someone actually make a halfhearted effort about it, I guess.

Image Pep talks are the order of the day.

...what??? :confused:

Image Now, chop chop! Off to work with all of you, lads!

You awkwardness is about as subtle as a brick, Duncan.

Also, this is what his graph-drawing habits look like:

Image You heard the man! To your desks!

Image I can't get all the Man's motivational doublespeak out of my head, man!

:ohdear:

Image Why? Why would they torture me by bringing my couch and then making me work?

:geno:

For those of you just reading these, the rockin' main menu and Episode Select theme starts playing :dance:

So yeah, we have the Radio in this office layout! No AC, though. Which, uh... nobody in this lineup likes the AC anyway, so whatever.

Image The stereo can be turned on and off by any employee, just like the air conditioner.

Image Leave that stereo alone, you! As if we don't already have enough distractions...

Wow who could have eeeeeever seen this coming :v:

Anyways, next time, we try to keep people's heads from exploding due to the sheer quantity of useless gibberish being inserted into their skulls. See you then.
Last edited by LPFinale on Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boy, I can tell that Duncan will be a thrill to work with and I'm 100% sure Pearl will VERY quickly tire of him and his sexist ways.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Duncan write-up. He has the same "arrows" on his desk as Mahavir, so I'm actually curious if he even has any difference compared to Mahavir or he's essentially a "Mahavir #2".

I wonder what everyone's specific music tastes would be, now that we can turn the music on, is?

...Tara so only listens to anime theme songs.