I Am (All Of This Nonsense) - Shadow the Hedgehog

Put your Let's Plays in here.

Shadow the Hedgehog is a rare solo venture from one of Sonic the Hedgehog's compatriots, in this case his dark doppelganger. Despite Shadow's supposed death at the end of Sonic Adventure 2, he was too popular to leave that way, so Sonic Team immediately brought him back in Sonic Heroes. Cue them quickly forgetting what anyone liked about him, slapping a gun in his hands, and making him a grumbly, angry dumbass in one of the most confused, bloated, and ugly entries in the franchise. This is widely considered the point where the Sonic franchise went off the rails, soon to crash completely with Sonic 2006, and Shadow himself would only get less cool and less likeable from here (you read the IDW comics? WOOF).

The Story
Shadow has lost his memory, except for flashes of Maria's death. Suddenly Earth is invaded by the Black Arms, a race of aliens suspiciously colored the same as him. Their leader, Black Doom, appears before Shadow and tasks him with finding the seven Chaos Emeralds. Whether Shadow does so, uses the emeralds to stop Black Doom, or takes them for himself, is up to you!
Don't worry, the game's written so badly it doesn't matter.

The LP
I'm doing five separate "routes", which will show off each level and boss at least once: Pure Neutral, Pure Hero, Pure Evil, Neutral Hero, and Neutral Evil. I'm ignoring the keys and various alternate routes you can take.
I'm joined on co-commentary by MugiStraw and JigglyJacob. We could easily ignore the cutscenes, but I decided to make two separate versions of each video, one with our commentary over them and one without.

----------------------

(No Commentary Over Cutscenes)
(Commentary Over Cutscenes)

Last edited by ThornBrain on Wed May 26, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Like the thumbnail, the resolutions of the neutral story are both flops.

Premiering the Comm Over Cutscenes version live on the channel right now!

Jacob wrote:That's probably a good trailer image. Like, "Sonic dies!"
I would make a joke about a Sonic Pieta, but I assume there are already twelve million fanarts of that.
Thorn wrote:I don't know if this game would actually be better if it got a T rating.
Um, apparently it would've had blood so clearly it would've been much better.
Yoshi wrote:This is like a perfect storm of inconsistencies. 4Kids shows up to do your edgy game that you try to make less edgy.
Remember that time 4Kids ended Yu-Gi-Oh! GX by killing the main character instead of dubbing the last season? Probably not. But I remember.

Well, I remembered I never finished watching your Sonic Heroes LP, so I'm off to do that.

I swear I'm completely wholesome this time!

All Hail Shadow! Heroes waste a lot of time on tedious bullshit

I'm so evil I'm posting this a few hours late

It's Chaotix time! I apologize for my Vector.

It's fitting the noncommittal game has its most logical stories in the noncommittal paths. Except Neutral, whatever the hell that one was.

Next week, the True Final Story!

At last, a satisfying conclusion[?].

The LP is not over just yet! Keep an eye out for when we stream the Expert Mode!

Enjoy a nice four hours of optional, slightly harder retreads of every level!
Thanks all for watching, and look forward to a casual livestream LP of Sonic Unleashed Wii in the future. Not HD, 'cause I hated playing it.