The agents of this thread are pretty fucking too: Let's Play Lobotomy Corporation

An archival space for the threads that made it.
Queen of Hatred

Despite being a difficult to manage Abnormality, there is one major upside of having Queen of Hatred in our facility-as a Magical Girl who fights to protect love, she is more than willing to help us out in times of crisis. In order to show this off, though, we'll need to manufacture a crisis.

This is a good start, but we're not there yet-we need our danger value to go up to a Second Trumpet, and a single WAW breaching is only 5.45 points of the 50 we need.

Luckily, killing Agents with Execution Bullets will add to our danger value (even if it doesn't set off things like Mountain or Big Bird), so the 9 agents stacked here will send us to 41.45.

Johnny brings us to 45.45, but wait! There's more!

That death triggers Knight of Despair, for another 5.45, bringing us to 50.9 danger points, enough to activate our Second Trumpet.

Once this happens, the Queen of Hatred breaches-but it's not to add to our troubles.

Instead, she breaks out and joins the fray against whatever Abnormalities are currently causing problems for our facility. She attempts to aid in the suppression, and can be a fairly powerful ally. She has three attacks in this mode, the first being this, a star swipe which deals Black damage.

Her second attack is a finger gun that deals higher Black damage, but takes longer to perform. As for her third attack?

Queen of Hatred's base form can use Arcana Slave, too. :hellyeah:

It's every bit as big as it is when the snake uses it, but this version of the attack won't hurt Employees-only threats like Abnormalities or Ordeals. Like the snake's version, it can also power up with time-it doesn't here, though, because King of Greed has moved on.

Also like her snake version, Queen of Hatred needs to rest once she's finished.

When she can't see an opponent, the Queen of Hatred will slowly glide along the hallways before teleporting on top of an adversary to face them.

Here she warps to face down Big Bird and King of Greed, both of whom are in upper Safety. Unfortunately, we rack up one too many casualties before she can properly engage with them.

When we lose 20% or more of the Employees left in the facility when she initially breaches, Queen of Hatred will go into her Hysteric mode. During this period we're able to attack and Suppress her, and it's a good idea to do so ASAP.

If we don't, then she'll turn into her snake form and act as she does on a normal breach.

That's all the information I have about her unique breach type, but we're not quite done here today. Queen of Hatred is a very chatty Abnormality, and I've put all of her possible lines below, organized by category:
In Containment wrote: Image What kind of place is this?

Image Please feel free to call me whenever there’s danger~!

Image How did I get to this place?

Image I don’t remember what happened yesterday…

Image Do you all know about the worth of victory and the beauty of the world?

Image Tell me if anything bad happens, okay? I know I can help you!
In Containment (Hysteric) wrote: Image Don’t you need me anymore…?

Image Why do I exist…?

Image Please… Stop these voices…

Image Is it my turn now…?

Image I hate this silent place. The world I knew wasn’t “peaceful” like this.

Image I am the chosen one. Who would protect the world besides me?

Image There’s no light without the darkness, it’s like I’m not even here.

Image Someone told me that there are no bad guys anymore… Is that true?
On Support Breach wrote: Image Just leave it to me!

Image In the name of Love and Justice~ Here comes Magical Girl!
Meeting TETHs wrote: Image A piece of cake!

Image Don’t worry~! I’ll help you!

Image Weak baddies like this are no match for me!
Meeting HEs wrote: Image Hmph! It’s going to be a bit tough.

Image I swear I’ll do something!
Meeting WAWs wrote: Image That one’s as strong as a minor arcana... Is this place filled with villains?

Image My senpais couldn’t handle this, but I know I can!
Meeting ALEPHs wrote: Image Everyone, get out of here!

Image I’ll protect everyone, even if it means I have to die!

Image It has the strength of a major arcana… And I’m alone in this… But I won’t run away!
When Defeated wrote: Image I swore I would protect everyone to the end…
Suppression Successful wrote: Image We did it, everyone!

Image You can count on me any time!
Driven Hysteric during support breach wrote: Image It’s too much…

Image Was everything a lie…?

Image I wasn’t able to protect anyone like she did…

Image I’m just like her huh…

Image Get out of my head…

Image Is it time for me to pay the price…?
Regular attack wrote: Image With love!

Image In the name of justice!
Finger gun attack wrote: Image Go! Arcana Beats~!

Image Begone~!
Arcana Slave wrote: Each of the following lines plays in turn during the charge up and attack.

Image Heed me, thou that are more azure than justice and more crimson than love…

Image In the name of those buried in destiny…

Image I shall make this oath to the light.

Image Mark the hateful beings who stand before us…

Image Let your strength merge with mine, so that we may deliver the power of love to all…

Image ARCANA SLAVE!

That sure is a Slayers reference out of nowhere. I love this game. :allears:
Facing King of Greed wrote: Meeting
Image I’m sorry, senpai! The only thing I can do is stop your rampage!

On Suppression
Image Senpai, if I had to face you outside, I’d totally be dead by now…
Facing Knight of Despair wrote: Meeting
Image So you’ve been consumed too, senpai… Can this cycle really not be stopped?

On Suppression
Image Senpai… I know you tried your hardest to hold it back…
That's all for Queen of Hatred, which means we're all done with this facility. It's served us well, but it's time for us to move on.

I get why, but the fact that she actually calls them senpai just makes me think she looks and talks like that because she watched too much anime

Mods Info

I've been asked a few times about what mods I'm using and how to make them work, so I figure I should throw together a quick bonus update about the basics of modding and how I use them.

BaseMOD is required for all of these mods. Installing it is easy, just drag and drop the mod file into the appropriate folder, there's a simple walkthrough to explain what to do. From there, all the other mods I use go into the BaseMods folder that this comes with. All the mods I use come from either nexusmods or this document by NEETPenguin (which is itself a very good tutorial). I'll be linking mods either from the document or nexusmods, depending on where I got them from.

The specific mods I've been using are:

Console Unlock - this lets you access the command console, to do a variety of things. A full list can be found here, but most importantly you can give yourself infinite LOB points with standard salmonsushi or just instantly complete any Suppression with standard checkmate. It's great to have on hand for if you would have beaten Hokma but your computer froze up on you and you've spent literally 12 hours on this one fight and just want to move on with your life.

Infinite Re-extractions - For when you absolutely want to get Plague Doctor on day 39. It's simple, but very useful.

Agent Recustomization - Lets you change names and appearances for existing agents on the deployment screen. Seems to cause some shenanigans with things like Plague Doctor's name saves, and also completely overrode my free appearance change mod, but I needed it to stop Kaori from being renamed Aurora for no reason due to a different bug, so :lobcorp: I guess.

Full-Time Employees mod - Lets you keep all your Agents on a day 1 reset. Honestly this just saves me time with having to make Paul again from scratch, because I'm very :effort:

Weapon Texture Fix - Fixes a bug which causes weapons to show a different texture.

Chesed Research Fix - Makes Chesed's 3rd research actually do something, boosting healing from 25 to 40.

Free Change Appearance - Reduces cost of changing appearance of Agents to 0. Overridden by the Recustomization mod.

Gift Effects Fix - This mod fixes the effects of E.G.O Gifts like Justita, which are supposed to give a +% chance to work success rate for certain works but are bugged to only give a much smaller boost to work success rates instead.

More Detailed Information - This one I didn't use, but it's very useful for players who want to see exact success numbers and how much EXP their agents have gained mid-day. It's very highly recommended by the community in general.

For each mod all you need to do is extract the mod file into the BaseMods folder in your Lobotomy Corporation data (this folder shows up when installing BaseMod), and voila. You're ready to go. Please note that the folder and the .dll file inside of it need to have the same name in order to execute properly.

Facility X-394, Manager's Quarters

Image Hey, me. Did you get the coffee?

Image And the popcorn. Really don't know why we need a movie night all of a sudden.

Image Our understanding of the Abnormalities-that which comes from deep within the human subconsciousness-is key to achieving our goal of actualization. If we don't indulge enough, we may not have enough understanding to spread the light across the entire City.

Image ...I don't follow.

Image :sigh: Watch movies. Learn stuff. Make light. Save world.

Image That makes a lot more sense. So, what are we watching?

Image Old training videos!

Image ...oh no. :stonk:

Welcome to the Better Call Paul cleanup masterpost! Below, I'll be listing every Abnormality by their Subject Number, then as they're covered I'll list their name(s) next to them, with a link to the related BCP if they weren't in the main story. This will serve two purposes:

1: It'll be easy to see how much work is left to do before 100%
2: I won't get stuck in the hell that is being at 98% Abnormality Dissolution and having no idea which Abnormality I've forgotten.

Without further ado...

Abnormalities

0-00-00: Standard Training-Dummy Rabbit [TETH] (Tutorial)
F-01-02: Scorched Girl [TETH]
O-03-03: One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
O-01-04: Magical Girl/The Queen of Hatred [WAW] (Covered in story)
T-04-06: A Teddy Bear/Happy Teddy Bear [HE]
O-04-08: Red Shoes [HE]
T-09-09: Theresia [TETH]
O-01-12: Old Lady [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-01-15: Nameless Fetus [HE]
F-01-18: Wall Gazer/The Lady Facing the Wall [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-06-20: Nothing There [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
T-06-27: 1.76 MHz [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-05-30: Singing Machine [HE]
T-01-31: The Silent Orchestra [ALEPH]
F-05-32: Warm-Hearted Woodsman [HE] (Covered in story)
F-01-37: The Snow Queen [HE]
O-02-40: Big Bird [WAW] (Covered in story)
T-05-41: Little Helper/All-Around Helper [HE] (Covered in story)
F-04-42: Snow White's Apple [WAW]
T-02-43: Spider Bud [TETH]
F-02-44: Beauty and the Beast [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-01-45: Plague Doctor [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
T-03-46: WhiteNight [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
O-05-47: Don't Touch Me [ZAYIN]
F-02-49: Rudolta/Rudolta of the Sleigh [HE] (Covered in story)
T-04-50: Queen Bee [WAW] (Covered in story)
T-05-51: Bloodbath [TETH]
F-05-52: WellCheers/Opened Can of WellCheers [ZAYIN]
T-04-53: Alriune [WAW]
T-01-54: Forsaken Murderer [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-01-55: Child of the Galaxy [HE]
O-02-56: Small Bird/Punishing Bird [TETH] (Covered in story)
F-01-57: Little Red Riding Hooded Mercenary [WAW]
F-02-58: Big and Might be Bad Wolf/Big and Will be Bad Wolf [WAW]
O-03-60: Fragment of the Universe [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-05-61: Crumbling Armor [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-02-62: Long Bird/Judgment Bird [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-02-63: Apocalypse Bird [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
O-01-64: Magical Girl/The King of Greed [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-04-66: Giant Mushroom Chunk/The Little Prince [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-01-67: A Wee Witch/Laetitia [HE] (Covered in story)
T-01-68: The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies [HE]
F-01-69: Der Freischütz [HE] (Covered in story)
F-02-70: Dream of a Black Swan [WAW]
T-02-71: The Dreaming Current [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-04-72: The Burrowing Heaven [WAW]
O-01-73: Magical Girl/The Knight of Despair [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-02-74: The Naked Nest [WAW] (Covered in story)
T-01-75: The Mountain of Smiling Bodies [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
O-05-76: Schadenfreude [HE] (Covered in story)
T-09-77: The Heart of Aspiration [TETH] (Covered in story)
T-09-78: Note from a Crazed Researcher [HE] (Covered in story)
T-09-79: Flesh Idol [WAW]
T-09-80: Giant Tree Sap [HE]
O-09-81: Mirror of Adjustment [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
T-09-82: Shelter from the 27th of March [HE] (Covered in story)
F-04-83: Fairy Festival [ZAYIN]
O-04-84: Meat Lantern [TETH]
T-09-85: We Can Change Anything [ZAYIN]
T-09-86: Express Train to Hell [WAW]
F-01-87: Scarecrow Searching for Wisdom [HE] (Covered in story)
O-03-88: Dimensional Refraction Variant [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-03-89: CENSORED [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
T-09-90: Skin Prophecy [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-09-91: Portrait of Another World [HE] (Covered in story)
O-01-92: Today's Shy Look [TETH] (Covered in story)
O-03-93: Blue Star [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
T-09-94: You Must Be Happy [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
O-09-95: Luminous Bracelet [TETH]
O-09-96: Behavior Adjustment [TETH] (Covered in story)
T-09-97: Old Faith and Promise [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
O-02-98: Porccubus [HE]
T-02-99: Void Dream [TETH]
O-04-100: Grave of Cherry Blossoms [TETH]
O-02-101: The Firebird [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-05-102: Yin [WAW] (Covered in story)
O-07-103: Yang [WAW] (Covered in story)
D-09-104: Backward Clock [WAW] (Covered in story)
D-01-105: El Llanto de la Luna [WAW] (Covered in story)
D-01-106: Army in Pink/Army in Black [ZAYIN]
D-02-107: Ppodae [TETH] (Covered in story)
D-04-108: World Tree/Parasite Tree [WAW] (Covered in story)
D-03-109: Melting Love [ALEPH] (Covered in story)
D-01-110: Heroic Monk/Clouded Monk [WAW]
Bald-Is-Awesome!: You're Bald… [ZAYIN] (Covered in story)
Last edited by TeeQueue on Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 29 times in total.

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 10: Opened Can of WellCheers

Music: trailer

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Opened Can of WellCheers!

Image Opened Can of WellCheers is a ZAYIN Abnormality. That means it's one of the least threatening classifications of Abnormalities, but there are still precautions to keep in mind when working with it.

Image And that means it's my time to jump in feetfirst and have a nice refreshing drink from the haunted soda machine, right?

Image Not quite, Paul. We actually have a volunteer today!

Image A volunteer?! But that never ever happens on this show!

Image Talow's a bit of an odd bird, apparently. He said it sounded like a vacation!

Image Jiminy wilikers, Miss Hod, I'll take it! Learning is seriously hard work, after all!

Image That it is, Paul! Now, works with WellCheers are a bit special.

Image They give out free drinks afterwards, right Miss Hod?

Image That's right! The type of drink is dependent upon the work type that our Agents do!

Image The first drink is a red can, from Instinct work. This can restores the drinker's HP.

Image Wowies! And since the drink machine deals Red damage, that must make it great for our agents to train on, right?

Image Silly Paul… anything that restores your health simply inhibits your growth. You have to take a real beating if you want to get those mad gains.

Image You heard it here, everyone! Nothing ventilated, nothing gained!

Image The second drink is in a blue canister, and restores an Agent's SP. This is produced by performing Insight work.

Image Huh..! That's remarkably useless, isn't it?

Image That's right, Paul! There's almost no situation in which an Agent would need their SP restored after a work with WellCheers. Very good for noticing! The third can appears from either Attachment or Repression work. It's a purple can, and restores both HP and SP.

Image We have footage of that too, right Miss Hod?

Image Unfortunately not! While working on Attachment, it seems Talow got a Bad work result-and you should never drink the offered soda while the work result is Bad.

Image Aww… but it's free soda! Everyone loves free soda!

Image It seems like Talow agrees with you. Let's watch what happens, shall we?

Image Was that a… boat?

Image Good eye, Paul! It appears as though Talow's been kidnapped and forced to live the rest of his life on a fishing boat instead of working for the very company which invested so much time and energy into training him.

Image How ungrateful! I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than right here!

Image That's the way a good Agent should think. It's also why our dormatories aren't just comfortable and expansive…

Image They're mandatory!

Image Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Music: Aspire

Image Good evening, future Managers. Let me start by asking you a question: Don't you hate it when a long-running and popular series adds on a new character, simply to try and remain relevant?

Image I don't need you to answer, of course. I hate it, myself, and that's all the answer any of us need. And yet… my hand has been forced. What I wish to cover simply cannot be done from the perspectives of Agent and Sephirot alone. There are some concerns which only a Manager can speak to, and only a Manager can understand.

Image Thus, I have come in this form. A new character, entering the fray… but in such a way as to make clear that the project shouldn't be judged by their inclusion. If Paul and Hod are the beloved characters in this Saturday morning piece of edutainment… then you need only think of myself as the PSA at the end. Now then… Let us discuss Opened Can of WellCheers. Angela, the graphics.

Image WellCheers is the very definition of 'safe.' An Abnormality which cannot breach, nor do anything at all should it be ignored. So long as it is worked with Insight or Instinct, there is little chance of losing an agent to it. It is a non-threat second only to the likes of One Sin itself.

Image However, it is a choice which lacks ambition.

Image We are a power company. This Abnormality's energy output is simply abysmal. It can make a significant amount of gear, but that gear is entirely useless for dealing with anything more threatening than an Amber Dawn. Moreover, its unique trait renders it entirely useless to forcing our Agents to be able to work on the more profitable Abnormalities without a significant expenditure of time and effort-two things which we, as a company, would prefer to spend on more lucrative prospects.

Image I will not be angry with you for taking the Opened Can of WellCheers. I may, however, be somewhat disappointed. Still, there is one important piece of information which has ever-eluded my grasp…

Image Why exactly is it that no agent, no matter their mental wherewithal, can resist the siren's call of having a drink after working with this Abnormality? It's highly mysterious…

Image Well. Perhaps some things are better left unknown. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Image Have you finished, A? It is well past the usual time for me to ask which wish you would prefer.

Image Yes, yes… Come. Let us continue this endless rehearsal.

Next time's featured Abnormality…

New Guidelines

Opened Can of WellCheers

New Gear

Requirements: None

New Story

Opened Can of WellCheers (Part 1)
Opened Can of WellCheers (Part 2)

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 11: Fairy Festival

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Fairy Festival!

Image Fairy Festival is another ZAYIN Abnormality, this time taking the form of a large winged fairy.

Image I don't suppose we have another volunteer, do we?

Image Not so lucky today, Paul. You're going to be working with this one yourself.

Image That's perfectly okay, Miss Hod! I was itching to get right back to it!

Image Speaking of itching… hey! This thing just bit me!

Image That will happen from time to time when working with any Abnormality. Don't worry about it. Now like most ZAYIN Abnormalities, Fairy Festival is very simple. It has one ability, which activates so long as the Agent working with it gets a Normal or Good result.

Image Miss Hod! I think I figured out the effect! These fairies are following me around, and they're healing my wounds!

Image Very good, Paul! That's the Fairies' care. They'll stay with the Agent who worked with them for a short while and make sure to keep them well by healing up their HP.

Image Fantabulous fair folk, Miss Hod! That's awful nice of them! Why do they do that?

Image Good question, Paul! Some people say that it's because they appreciate the kindness we show them, and others think they only attach to special Agents who've caught their eye.

Image So these fairies think I'm awful swell… how touching!

Image They certainly do think you're worth sticking with. However, it's important not to believe in what 'some people say.'

Image The ignorant masses are called that for a reason, right Miss Hod?

Image Right! To find the true meaning of their care, we have to do something else. Paul, could you please queue up a work with another Abnormality while the manager's put the facility on pause?

Image Sure thing!

Image Will that do it, Miss Hod?

Image It sure will. Now, let's watch what happens when our time resumes.

Image Yowie wowie! That death was instant, and brutally painful!

Image Let that be a lesson that you can't just believe every rumor that an employee comes up with! The Fairies that follow our Agents are making sure to keep their food fresh, Paul-and you're that food.

Image So our Agents are just tasty treats for even the lowest level of Abnormality!

Image Very good! Since this only happens to people who get orders to start work with another Abnormality while the Fairies are with them, this type of casualty is thankfully rare. Regardless, it's an important thing to keep in mind, even if you don't see it that often.

Image Like the mandatory counseling program and the emergency turrets in the walls?

Image Yes, Paul. Just like those! Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Good evening, future Managers. Ah, I suppose you're wondering why I have this sifter of wine? Apparently, our first death happened during the last work period.

Image If I didn't already know this was a script, the entire thing would still seem farcical on the face of it all. I executed the entire first day's workforce just to see if anything would change. It didn't. No reaction at all. A shame, really. I suppose I should have added a more interactive component to things in the design phase…

Image Well, that's not why you're here, is it? Angela, the graphics.

Image Fairy Festival is as simplistic as it is boring. So long as you follow its one rule, which is anything but difficult, it will never cause any trouble. Its gear can be accurately described as "plentiful," but the weapon itself is only barely better than our standard issue Riot Stick, and as a ZAYIN suit its promising defenses will fall off against any HE or greater threat. It has the distinction of being the best Instinct trainer in the entire ZAYIN level… but that is honestly damning it with the faintest possible praise. ZAYIN Abnormalities are not designed for training. Their box counts are too low, and they cannot deal enough damage. It may serve a purpose training the absurdly new before they move on to something more promising like Punishing Bird or that cursed armor… but to be quite honest, it's another safe pick like WellCheers before it.

Image And come, now. I'm sure that you didn't get to this high position by playing it safe all the time, did you? We've all got quite the penchant for risk-taking around here.

Image Ah! That reminds me, it's time to water my cactus. Angela maintains that there's no way it'll bloom-or so the script makes her say-but I feel as though I've been challenged to prove myself wrong. You know… I never did find out who gave it to me. A mystery for you to solve, perhaps. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Fairy Festival

New Gear

New Story

Fairy Festival

Sooner or later I feel like there’s gonna be a real catch to one of these ZAYINs besides them just being inefficient and unproductive.

Would adding the Risk Level of each Abnormality next to its entry in the master post be possible? I’d like to see it, but I can also see arguments against it.

I probably could... and there's very little reason not to... and yet my Chronic Laziness is acting up...

I'll probably wind up doing it in a few minutes, as soon as I figure out a good spot to put 'em.

edit: Added 'em.

Episode 12: Luminous Bracelet

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Luminous Bracelet!

Image Luminous Bracelet is a TETH level Tool Abormality, taking the form of a bracelet.

Image A glowy bracelet, right Miss Hod?

Image That's right, Paul! Hence the name, Luminous Bracelet.

Image Well then! Time to slip that baby on and see what it does!

Image You know, I never thought about it before, but it's weird that this thing is as big as my head.

Image Just put it over your wrist, and it'll size itself properly. I don't know why it works, but it does.

Image How user-friendly!

Image Gee willikers, Miss Hod, we've got red arrows! That means my Fortitude's increased, doesn't it?

Image It should! Let me check!

Image Well, would you look at that? You've gained 15 Fortitude!

Image I'm BURLY!

Image In addition to that, the Bracelet heals its wearer shortly after picking it up-it restores 2.4 HP exactly 3 seconds after it's acquired.

Image That sounds handy! Does it happen again?

Image It does! It just takes 3.40282347e+38 seconds to do it.

Image Wait… but that's… carry the four… that's over a million billion trillion years! I'll be dead way before that happens!

Image It takes some time to recharge while in the possession of an Agent. For some reason, though, returning it to its cell will fully recharge it.

Image It sounds like some kind of screwup! Well, but I just have to hold on to it until then, right? Maybe I'll be able to see the future!

Image Oh Paul, don't be silly. The bracelet can only be held by those in need. If you hold it for too long without a need for its healing, there's going to be consequences.

Image But its healing doesn't even work!

Image The bracelet doesn't know that.

Image Uh-oh! Does that mean I'm in trouble?

Image That depends. Starting 15 seconds after the bracelet is equipped, a one-minute countdown starts. So long as you take HP damage in that time, the timer freezes and resets to 60 seconds when you're back at full health. How long has it been?

Image Uhh… carry the four… Seventy three seconds, Miss Hod?

Image Oh my. That's not good at all!

Image Yowie wowie! I sure did pay for my greed and hubris! With face tumors!

Image You sure did! Please keep this sort of thing in mind the next time there's any talk of raises.

Image Demanding more than what we're owed makes us greedy! And that means the next person dying horribly could be you! Make sure to be a good employee!

Image Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Good evening, future Managers. I trust you all enjoyed the day's adventure? I've just been indulging myself with a mystery. You see, even on loops where no one died, I would always be told that we suffered our first death. This clerk-they looked different each time? But they made the good coffee. I remember that clearly. They deliver coffee. I enjoy it. They die.

Image But this loop, they never arrived. There was no coffee waiting for me. When I asked Angela about it, she said that the employee in question was no longer with the company. But isn't that odd? Surely you've noticed by now that our Clerks are a fresh crop every morning-even the survivors do not return.

Image The answer is obvious. The play requires our first casualty to come during Day 3's work period. Should it be earlier than that, a subtle adlib occurs, with it being acknowledged on Day 4. Otherwise… a sacrifice is needed. That Clerk, designed to stick in our minds, serves no purpose aside bringing us coffee and promptly dying.

Image Why would I write in such a character? I asked myself that, and the answer was simple: Because the script needed it. For the sake of a good story, people simply have to die. There's no suspense if the audience knows that everyone will be alright, nor can there be any true growth without the possibility of loss. For that purpose, I can only assume I've made that thing into a murderer, countless times over. Then again, given what happened to poor Benjamin…

Image Well, I suppose that too falls into the footsteps of the play. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Image Manager, you did not mention the Abnormality at all.

Image It's tripe. What more is there to say? Take it out only to put it immediately back in.

Image ...Of course, Manager.

New Guidelines/Story

Luminous Bracelet

Episode 13: Grave of Cherry Blossoms

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Grave of Cherry Blossoms!

Image Grave of Cherry Blossoms is a TETH Abnormality which takes on the form of a tree.

Image I've heard rumors about how if you confess your love for another Agent under it when it's in bloom, you're guaranteed to live happily ever after! Is that true, Miss Hod?

Image Whether it's true or not doesn't matter, Paul! Company policy states that we can only have one Agent in a cell at a time.

Image Shucks, Miss Hod! So much for my lofty dreams of domestic bliss. That's okay, I've got my other dream: Being the best darn worker in the company!

Image It's good to dream big, Paul! However, since this Abnormality requires Good works to lower its Qliphoth Counter, we'll be sending in someone a bit more experienced.

Image More experienced? But I've been here since Day 1!

Image Be that as it may, you're more of a Normal-work fellow, Paul. D.A.D's statistics are showing as being significantly higher than yours, so they'll get Goods. Therefore, it makes the most sense to send them in to handle the work for the day. Don't worry, I'm sure there's still plenty for you to do.

Image The right Agent for the right job! That's what our Manager makes sure of, right Miss Hod?

Image That's right, Paul! Our Manager's so brilliant that he'll make sure everyone does just as they're supposed to.

Image Wowsers! I hope I'm that brilliantly resplendent someday!

Image Hey, Miss Hod..? Is it just me, or did the Tree change a little?

Image It's not just you, Paul! As Grave of Cherry Blossoms's QC lowers, its form changes as it gets closer to blooming! This is at 2, and when it hits 1…

Image It's nearly full bloomed! How pretty…

Image That's right. This is a warning to the Manager to get ready if they're going to work it again. One more Good result will result in its ability triggering.

Image And I'm guessing that ability doesn't provide anyone with true love!

Image Nope, though it can certainly make people see things through rose-colored lenses!

Image Here we see the tree in full bloom. This means that its QC has been reduced to 0, and it is using its ability. Five employees are randomly affected throughout the facility.

Image Blooming blossoms, Miss Hod! It's just like the end of one of my animes!

Image Wowsers, I sure look dazed down there, too!

Image That's because of the Grave of Cherry Blossoms's ability, Paul. The five employees are given a pink glow and try to make their way for its cell to see it in all its splendor. The Manager can snap them out of it by clicking on them quickly, and it's vital that he do this.

Image Why's that? Surely a tree can't be that dangerous, can it Miss Hod?

Image Don't be silly, Paul! That's not a tree, it's an Abnormality. And Abnormalities are always dangerous.

Image Gasp! I almost forgot! Wh-what happens to whoever goes in?

Image Yowie wowie! I've been stumped by a lot of things, but never like this before!

Image It's just as you saw, Paul. The first agent to enter the cell is consumed by the tree as nourishment-when this happens, all the other affected Agents and Clerks are released from the hypnosis.

Image What happens to the tree?

Image It remains fully bloomed like this until it's worked again. At the end of the next work with it, a strange reaction occurs.

Image The tree glows with a pink light, which fully heals all employees in the facility. In exchange for this, it loses its blossoms and returns to normal.

Image Wowsers! That means I became a part of healing everyone else, huh? What a worthy use of a transient and meaningless existence such as mine!

Image That's a very good way to look at things, Paul! Always try to remember that no death is meaningless-you're contributing to the company even if your own heart stops beating.

Image We are who we are together, everyone!

Image Good evening, future Managers. Let's waste no time, shall we? Angela, graphics.

Image Grave of Cherry Blossoms's gear is good for a certain type of aesthetic, but it is not my type. Its requirement of 3 Good works before causing issues means it will only be a problem if work is focused upon it, or if we push far into a day and become unlucky with Meltdowns. Even then, negating it is as simple as allowing a Clerk to walk in before any Agents.

Image Clerks don't count, after all.

Image In exchange, we get a free full heal for the entire facility after a short 12 or so second startup. That startup time makes it difficult to time for anything, however, rendering the entire thing more of a sideshow than an actual, useful ability. It may seem tempting, but I recommend focusing attention on less temperamental Abnormalities should the option be available.

Image Setting that aside… did you see it? You must have seen it were you looking, but if not…

Image The hands in the hole on that tree, they move. They grasp outward, pulling things inside to spur its own growth, then continue to move afterwards. Then, when the time is right, the tree spreads its light over the facility-curing it of its every ailment.

Image My, that sounds familiar, doesn't it? That does lead to several questions… In its pursuit of healing the world, why does it resort to unnatural means to make others follow?

Image Given that it does, and given what it is… Is there any difference between that Tree and this facility where we sit right now? In this case, we know the answer: We do what we must, because it must be done to do what we must do. Those hands, trapped underground, pulling others in to become the lifeblood and nourishment of a plan to heal the wounded… Truly, they are my own.

Image When the time comes for our own petals to spread over this world, I wonder if it will be as calming as the spring? Or, perhaps, it shall simply be a prelude to a world of more bloodshed than has ever been seen before.

Image ...It's funny. Speaking so much of trees and graves has made me become nostalgic a little early. Ah, well. It's time for this old man to cease his ramblings.

Image Manager-

Image Not now, Angela.

Image ...ah. I shall leave you to your work, then.

Image Now… fade away, without a trace…

New Guidelines

Grave of Cherry Blossoms

New Gear

Requirements: Temperance 2

New Story

Grave of Cherry Blossoms (Part 1)
Grave of Cherry Blossoms (Part 2)

I remember that tree, defiantly my first problematic abnormality. Took me a long time to figure out what they meant by being able to shake the employee out of hypnosis, tried clicking on them once, sending other agents to try and surpress them, ended up just keeping the team in a different main room just to make sure clerks got eaten first. Probably took till day 20 for me to realize I missed the word “contentiously” and I just needed to click multiple times per agent, good times.

Episode 14: Bloodbath

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Bloodbath!

Image Bloodbath is a TETH abnormality which takes on the form of a bathtub.

Image Full of blood! I get it, Miss Hod! :buddy:

Image Very good, Paul! It requires some level of care to work with, but should be an easy enough Abnormality for even the most fledgling of Managers to figure out quickly.

Image Then why do I have a whole posse this time, Miss Hod?

Image That's because you alone can't show off all of what Bloodbath can do.

Image Wowsers! Sounds like the bathtub has hidden depths!

Image Haha, good one, Paul! Like most bathtubs, it's important not to slip-if an Agent falls in, they won't be coming out. Aside from that it's harmless to most Agents, but any Agent with a Fortitude or Temperance of level 1 should not be ordered to work with it.

Image Hey, my Temperance is level 1! That means we're about to find out why, right?

Image That it does! Give it a good Attachment work, Paul!

Image I've got it, Miss Hod! If I just talk with it from this side of the room, nothing bad can happen!

Image Remember, Paul: you can never truly be sure that you're safe anywhere near an Abnormality. Let's see what happens when the work finishes.

Image Yowie wowie! I just got pulled right into the tub!

Image That's not all. Your hand's now hovering there, on the surface of the water.

Image Who said bathtubs don't have waves?

Image This hand has the effect of increasing the energy output of the Abnormality. With one hand, we gain one additional point of energy towards our goal with each work we perform.

Image What about the unique boxes, Miss Hod? You know, the ones that let you get gear?

Image There's no change to them.

Image Then… why would we ever use this?

Image Don't be silly, Paul! It's not for us to question the tools the Manager uses. Even if he simply wishes to make lemonade out of a lemon, it's important for us to give out all the options at hand.

Image I see! So it's like, 'you screwed up, but at least it's not a total loss,' right?

Image That's correct! It's even possible to get more energy by tossing an agent with low Fortitude in.

Image Like so!

Image Remember, Agents! If you max your pump, you won't drown in the bathtub! Probably!

Image With two hands in the tub, the energy bonus increases by two.

Image Wowsers, Miss Hod! And the PE box increase…

Image There is none.

Image At all?

Image There is none.

Image Yowsers! That's harsh! But if two hands is good, three should be even better, right?

Image There's only one way to find out.

Image With pain?

Image Plus observation! When the Bloodbath is at 3 hands, it changes slightly. To demonstrate, we'll be sending in D.A.D. to demonstrate the results of a work attempt with it.

Image The D.A.D? Wowsers! I can't wait to see them at work!

Image Phlebotomous porcelain, Miss Hod, they didn't even get to start working!

Image When enough despair and misery piles up, Bloodbath's pull can't be resisted by anyone. They'll walk over and let it pull them in regardless of their statistics, before Bloodbath resets itself to 0 hands. Thus, it's vital that any Manager avoid working with it while it's in this state.

Image At least that's easy, since it doesn't have any kind of counter to activate!

Image Very true, Paul. Still, how the Manager uses this knowledge is up to him.

Image Kill two agents for a benefit so small it may as well not exist, or just work it without any deaths. Man, being a Manager sounds complicated… I don't know which one I'd pick!

Image Good evening, future Managers.

Image …Let's simply get this over with. Angela, the graphics.

Image Bloodbath is… perfectly benign. It cannot harm you unless worked wrong-once our agents have more than even the barest training, it will never be anything but an asset to the facility. There is little reason not to take it, aside its lackluster gear, as it is… safe.

Image Still... I do not like it. There is something about that bath which speaks to me. It reminds me of a day I swore not to forget, and yet couldn't bring myself to remember. It scratches at the edges of my memory, leaving a lattice of worry and concern upon my pons until I find myself off balance… eyes trembling over dread something-a memory ever just out of reach.

Image ……...This morning, I saw Angela's true self again. I expect I'll see it many more times during this filming session.

Image Frankly, the sight of her disgusts me at this point. When she speaks, her voice is familiar, but cold. Devoid of the warmth which spurred us all on back then. Her features are just different enough to make clear what we'd done… and that in the end I hadn't the heart to commit. I knew, even then. How could I not know? No pallid bit of scrap could ever replace our inspiration…

Image Nevertheless, she is the warden of this jail, and like the prisoner she keeps watch over neither of us may leave. Unlike myself, however, she is a simple machine. Behaving as a machine, running through these loops for all of time, knowing they are her sole purpose-that should they ever end, her existence can finally terminate. Complete. One can only assume she must be happy to have such clear, simple purpose. Sisyphus himself could never hope to be so fulfilled.

Image ...I did what had to be done. There were no errors in her-our judgment.

New Guidelines

Bloodbath

New Gear

New Story

Bloodbath

ah, right.

I don't say this often, but you should probably read the story for this one.

...Ah.
Abram, Day 48 Story wrote: Image She stepped into the bath herself… So that not a fragment of needless emotion, like guilt, would pile up on us. I… we saw with our eyes, so clearly. She was bleeding out and delirious, but still she held on to life.
The Abnormalities are clearly pulling directly from the facility's past...

Yep. This is one of only a couple Abnormalities whose story ties directly into the game's plot like that, but they do exist.

Episode 15: Happy Teddy Bear

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Happy Teddy Bear!

Image Happy Teddy Bear, or A Teddy Bear as it's also known, is a HE-level Abnormality which takes the form of a well-loved teddy bear.

Image It looks so soft and cuddly! It's hard to believe this thing could hurt anyone!

Image Abnormalities are frequently full of surprises, Paul. Why not give working with it a try, and see what happens?

Image With pleasure, Miss Hod! I love learning about new sources of energy!

Image It's such a good listener, just like Mr. Snuggles in my room.

Image It certainly seems to like you, Paul. Would Mr. Snuggles get jealous if you were to work with it again?

Image Golly, Miss Hod, that's a really good question! Let me ask!

Image Mr. Snuggles says it's fine!

Image Alright then, let's see what happens this time.

Image Yowie wowie! It squeezed the air right out of me!

Image That's right, Paul! If any agent performs two works in a row on Happy Teddy Bear, it'll confuse them for its owner, and hug them tightly so that they can never leave it behind again. This is instantly lethal to any of our Agents, regardless of their statistical prowess or resistances.

Image In the instance that this does happen, Miss Angela will also take the time to inform the Manager that this has transpired.

Image Golly, Miss Hod, the Angela saying the name of little ol' me? It feels like it's too good to be true!

Image I can understand why you feel that way, Paul! She is a perfect AI in every way, after all! And she reminds us of it at every opportunity…

Image Whadja say, Miss Hod?

Image Oh, um… n-nothing! Anyways, this is the one consideration to keep in mind for Happy Teddy Bear. As long as that's done, you'll be just fine, Manager!

Image Are you sure you're okay? You looked really weird for a second there…

Image W-w-well, that's all the time we have today! Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Huh?! What abou-

Image And remember…

Image Oh! Uh-right, yes Miss Hod! Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a great day!

Image Good evening, future Managers. I was simply thinking about a funny program we always receive during the loops before you came in. Today's Abnormality is… Happy Teddy Bear, wasn't it? Angela, the graphics.

Image Happy Teddy Bear is a complete nonthreat, like most Abnormalities which lack a Qliphoth Counter. It has one simple rule, and if followed there will be no trouble. It cannot breach, has no special abilities, and in return its gear is largely lackluster. I find it pairs well with The Little Prince-having two agents swapping between them is a very stable way to deal with both Abnormalities.

Image Enough of that, though… the program that we receive from our mysterious benefactor, 'B.' I'm sure you've wondered by now, haven't you? Is it even a legitimate program? What if it were simply an override to perform some red flashes at an appropriate moment in the script. Can we truly say that Angela is lying to us? Perhaps it was B who set this up.

Image Make no mistake: the program is very real. Angela does lie, for the script requires it of her. A machine must behave as a machine, and our old self has made this one to lie. This does beg an important question… how do I know for certain? Well-

Image Manager, your time for the day is up. We must handle the paperwork and preparations for the pending opening of our newest department. There are several Agents who will need to be hired as well.

Image Ah, another time, I suppose. It is something of a tale, after all. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Happy Teddy Bear

New Gear

Requirements: Fortitude 2

Requirements: Level 2

New Story

Happy Teddy Bear

Episode 16: Giant Tree Sap

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Giant Tree Sap!

Image Giant Tree Sap is a HE-level Tool Abnormality, which takes the form of a bottle of sap.

Image I thought it looked more like a grenade, Miss Hod!

Image Funny you should say that, Paul. Try taking a drink out of it.

Image Holy chin drinkers, Miss Hod! That doesn't look right!

Image The perception filter has a number of simplifications, and these sometimes can cause visual errors. It's best not to worry about it. How do you feel?

Image ...healthy! Was that the Abnormality?

Image You got that right! Giant Tree Sap both heals the employee drinking it and gives them regeneration for a while after.

Image Gee golly, Miss Hod, that's really useful! Are there any downsides?

Image Not the first time in a day that it's drunk-but that's the only truly safe use of the Sap.

Image Uh-oh. What happens the second and third times?

Image Go ahead and have some more while I explain.

Image Mmm. It's tasty!

Image After the first drink of Giant Tree Sap, there's a slight chance of the drinker having an unfortunate reaction. This chance is at 15% on the second drink, 30% on the third, and so on up to a maximum of 60%. Please note that this does carry over between drinkers, so the facility as a whole only gets one free drink.

Image Uuuuh, side effects? Miss Hod, I don't feel so good…

Image Yowie wowie! I blew up!

Image This explosion will instantly kill the Agent who triggered it, and deal White damage to anyone in the same room. This damage can cause a chain reaction, so be very careful with when you use it.

Image It's a balancing act, but the first use is free so take advantage of it whenever!

Image Finally, we have a small statement to make: To the Employee who thought that it would be a fun prank to empty a significant amount of the sap into the punch bowl at our recent office gathering…

Image It was not fun. There were over a dozen casualties. Netzach was so distraught we nearly had to replace him. Please report to management for immediate disciplinary action.

Image Ooooo, someone's in trooooouble..!

Image Good evening, future Managers. Today we should be talking about Giant Tree Sap, the Abormality see here.

Image It's annoyingly situational, and using it more than once in a day will wind up killing someone. It's best used for handling Agents who are asking inconvenient questions. We've spoken. Now, I believe I promised a story?

Image Manager…

Image We have plenty of time. I won't take no for an answer today.

Image ...Very well, A.

Image Now then. How do I know the program works as intended? On Day 14 she and I were performing our usual parts, and I was about to ask the question which would trigger the program. It was at that moment that something unexpected happened…

Image You see, an Agent burst in, all on their own. I've no idea how they managed to navigate the vents, but they walked right up to me and demanded that I cease allowing others to be given preferential treatment with the Abormalities. That wasn't the word they used, but I recall it just the same. I was taken aback, uncertain what would transpire in this instance as I tried to stammer out a response. Angela, for her part, didn't even change her expression. I remember her next words well.

Image "Manager, who are you speaking with?"

Image The Agent introduced themselves, and I indicated that they'd said who they were. She responded that she could not see anyone-and that if there was someone such as that in the room that they were responding to her cameras and sensors in a way which rendered them totally invisible to any form of AI. She insisted that there was a zero percent possibility that such a thing could occur.

Image The program flashed red. I've no idea why she chose to tell this lie, but it wasn't the only strange thing which happened that day. When the deployment phase started and I went to set up the facility, I found that we'd returned to Day 11. I hadn't requested a Memory Repository rewind, and when I asked Angela about it, she only could state that she had no control over the TT2 protocol. I pressed her for more information, but she's remained quite taciturn. In the end, she mentioned that continued agitation over such a non-issue could lead to a replacement in Managers. I chose to simply let the whole thing die on the vine, at that point.

Image Still, little of that matters except for this: the program does work-and thus we can conclude her statements that day to be lies.

Image From this, since there is no way Angela herself would ever harm us, I can only assume the plot itself which we are all caught up within is somehow going to be my-our end. I fear we will never truly leave this prison.

Image Then again… I suppose I shall not be the one to find out. Ah, but forgive me. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines/Story

Giant Tree Sap

Episode 17: Red Shoes

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Red Shoes!

Image Red Shoes is a HE level Abnormality which takes the form of its namesake. While it is not a particularly complicated Abnormality, a certain level of care must be taken when handling it.

Image Aww, shucks, Miss Hod! It's just a pair of shoes. How bad could it possibly be?

Image That's what you're here to find out. Go ahead and give it a work.

Image Wowsers! This is going really well!

Image Red Shoes has the maximum possible success rate for any Agent with a Temperance of 1 or 2 performing Attachment work. However, it's imperative that we never have such an agent work with Red Shoes, or else they will be taken under its spell.

Image Wait-but… MY Temperance is level 1! Uh-oh! This can't be good!

Image Golly gosh, where'd I find an axe in there?

Image In this state, our Agent undergoes several changes. Their Fortitude multiplies by a large number-Paul here has jumped to 264 HP for instance. In addition to this, White attacks now damage their HP as though they were an Abnormality. Unlike most Abnormalities, however, Shield bullets, Execution bullets, and Healing bullets still affect them. Slow bullets, which generally only work against Abnormalities, do not work on the affected Agent either.

Image Wowsers! So I'm like a super Agent?

Image Well… not exactly.

Image Fratricidal footwear, I just killed… Wait, is that Talow? Didn't he die?

Image Um… d-didn't you?

Image Oh yeah! I should really stop worrying about things I can't comprehend!

Image Upon killing a fellow Employee, the Red Shoes Agent will jump on them and finish them off to heal themselves. They also will heal naturally over time from the regenerators, and their presence doesn't slow the healing rate at all.

Image I've become a real problem! Are we going to Execution bullet me for the good of the company?

Image That won't be necessary. The Training team is here, and we deal in counseling, training, and handling Agents undergoing traumatic situations!

Image Yowie wowie! She just murdered the heck out of me with her bear hands!

Image I-it's the only way that we can stop an Agent who's stuck in the Red Shoes.

Image I understand completely! My life already belongs to the company anyways, I'm always glad to give it up at any time.

Image That's the spirit! Now, there's one more thing you should be aware of when it comes to Red Shoes: it has an ability that it may activate every time that a Normal or Bad work result occurs on it.

Image Employee under the spell? So the shoes were wizards all along! Momma always told me not to trust no wizards!

Image Your mother was very wise, Paul! The Red Shoes will ensorcel a random Agent with 2 or fewer Temperance-should it lack one, a Clerk is targeted instead.

Image The affected employee makes their way to its containment cell and puts the shoes on, becoming an entity just like you were, Paul.

Image Oh man! That won't end well! Is there anything the Manager can do to stop them?

Image If they click multiple times on the ensorceled employee, they'll be able to snap them out of it and the Red Shoes's effect will end. And if that doesn't work...

Image There's always the Training team, ready to handle whatever problems come our way!

Image Miss Hod, your team is the very coolest team of all teams in the entire facility!

Image Why thank you, Paul! We try very hard to keep everything running well around here.

Image It sure works, Miss Hod! I can only hope that I'll be lucky enough to stay assigned to the Training team forever!

Image Now, Paul, flattery is frowned upon in this company… we can't give special treatment!

Image Aww, shucks! Can't blame a guy for hoping, right?

Image Good evening, future Managers. I must say, it's nice to have my Sephirot up and able to help out again. For reasons I cannot fathom, Malkuth and Yesod have been out of commission for some time. With Hod back online in a more active capacity, things should run far more smoothly around here. Angela, the graphics.

Image Red Shoes is not particularly troublesome once your facility's Agents are all at Temperance 3 or above. In the unlikely event that Hod ever finishes the advanced training program she's promised me, this would make it a complete nonissue for our actual Agents. Given that we can then remove Clerks with Execution bullets, it's possible to render this Abnormality completely safe.

Image It's a shame, then, that its gear is less than plentiful. Its weapon is not the greatest, and while its suit has all of the numbers I like to see for a HE level suit, we only have access to one of them barring an unforeseen expansion in storage space. Regardless, I find that this Abnormality is not one which is bad to have around. Certainly it's more useful than employees who call themselves comrades one moment and try to tear the facility apart the next… but that's really an entirely different topic, isn't it? For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Red Shoes

New Gear

Requirements: Temperance 3

New Story

Red Shoes (Part 1)
Red Shoes (Part 2)

Episode 18: Singing Machine

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Singing Machine!

Image Singing Machine is a HE-level Abnormality which takes the form of a meat grinder.

Image Is that what it is? Wowsers, you learn something new every day!

Image Singing Machine will activate its effect whenever an Agent works it when its QC is 0, as well as when an Agent finishes a work while having a Fortitude of 4 or higher, or Temperance of 2 or lower.

Image It's like walking a tightrope, but for your Agent's numbers! With a Temperance of 1, I'll handle the work from here-right?

Image That's a very good way of putting it, Paul. However, we'll be having someone else take care of things.

Image Today's guest helper is VinnyDonuts, who has a Fortitude of 4! That means they're about to throw themselves in, right Miss Hod?

Image Good memory, Paul! Let's watch.

Image Holy shamoly, they just jumped right in there!

Image That's right, Paul. Moreover, that has the side-effect of playing music throughout the facility. This music will addict one Employee within the facility, preferring to ensnare Clerks over Agents, and its own department above others.

Image Addict them? That sounds dangerous! What happens?

Image The addicted Employee attempts to subdue others in order to throw them into Singing Machine.

Image Jumping jaundiceiphat! What happened to their eyes?!

Image That effect shows that they're under the sway of the Singing Machine. They'll continue to hit people with their stick until they've successfully killed one. At that point…

Image They drag them off…

Image And throw the body into the Singing Machine.

Image Yowsers! That's some real dedication to music!

Image That's right. Unfortunately, they've run into an Agent just outside.

Image It's Lost! A perfectly average Agent without any E.G.O, but with solid 3's across the board!

Image The Clerks, even when crazy, are still Clerks after all!

Image They may as well not count! Either way, I'm glad everything's been settled so cleanly.

Image Oh, Paul… Paul, Paul, Paul. Remember what happens when Singing Machine plays?

Image Sure do, Miss Hod! An agent gets addicted!

Image And what happens when that agent throws someone into it?

Image It… plays! Oh no! Look out, Lost!

Image Another Clerk manages to take him down, and it's off to the Singing Machine!

Image Remember: enough nothing can overcome anything!

Image Speaking of which, another poor Agent has suffered the same fate!

Image Yowie wowie! Dying I can handle, but being called a weakling is just hurtful!

Image It's important for the Training team captain to be able to offer assessments when necessary, Paul-and you are weak!

Image It's why I need all this extra training, huh Miss Hod?

Image That's right!

Image Luckily, the addicted Employees are no match for an agent with proper training. It's important to stay on top of them before they multiply, but even a single powerful agent should be able to take them down before they can attack.

Image Pugilistic perdition, Miss Hod! Is anyone left alive?!

Image It's very important to handle Singing Machine properly, in order to ensure this sort of situation cannot occur.

Image ...Uh… Miss Hod? That wasn't an answer..?

Image Good evening, future Managers. I am… not a fan of this particular Abnormality. Let's get into it. Angela.

Image The Singing Machine. It would make for a passable Insight trainer, were it not for its regrettable tendency to sow havoc across the entire facility. Its Gift can and will push Agents beyond the Fortitude mark at which they can work with it, negating the point of having Agents dedicated to it, rendering it off-limits the remainder of the day. The only upside is that it does not immediately activate at 0 QC-letting us simply ignore it for the day.

Image For obvious reasons, this is frequently not an ideal situation. For our efforts, we get no suit, and a weapon which will render the person using it extremely vulnerable to attack. It hits like a truck, yes, but I prefer weapons which don't murder the Agents.

Image It's a waste of energy unless an Abnormality does it.

Image I find it difficult to recommend on any level, for these reasons. There is nearly always a better Abnormality available to select in its place. There may be those who want to test its ability as a Prudence or Justice trainer, but… well, to those Managers, I wish them luck.

Image …Ah, you're still here?

Image I suppose you expected another tangent. Well… I suppose I can indulge. I have a question for you. We are one of the Wings of the world, the supporters of the Head. Despite being their supporter, we nevertheless have Angela-an AI-which directly breaks one of their most important rules. Why do you suppose they haven't done anything?

Image ...I don't have an answer for you. It's simply something I wonder from time to time. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Singing Machine

New Gear

Requirements: Level 2, Fortitude 2

New Story

Singing Machine

Not exactly "by me", but I asked a friend who was doing Civ VI writeups of various fictional organizations to do one for Lobotomy Corporation. This was the result.

Episode 19: Porccubus

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Porccubus!

Image Porccubus is a HE-level Abnormality which takes the form of a flowering serpent. It's most commonly known for its euphoria-inducing toxin, which renders anyone exposed to it to a form of overwhelming joy.

Image Oh boy, Miss Hod! Does that mean I'm in for a good time?

Image It sure does, Paul! Go ahead and give it a work!

Image Hallucinogenic harmonies, Miss Hod! I think I can feel it! It's like… it's like… when I first got hired for working for this company times fifty!

Image That's amazing, Paul! Just be sure not to overindulge. Porccubus has an effect which affects Agents with low Temperance when their work result is Good.

Image That's silly, Miss Hod! There's no way anything that feels this good could ever go catastrophically wrong!

Image You were saying?

Image Yowie wowie! It went catastrophically wrong!

Image Agents who do too well with Porccubus while possessing a Temperance of 3 or lower lose control of themselves and overdose-this causes their heads to explode in a dramatic fashion.

Image Remember, everyone: You need your head to survive! Blowing it up is a bad thing!

Image In addition to this, Porccubus is also able to breach. Making it do so is difficult, but since this is an instructional video we've done that for you.

Image We had to use Violet Dawn because its counter kept going back up every time we got a Good!

Image ...Yes, Paul. Thank you.

Image While breaching, Porccubus sits in a random hallway and doesn't move. It will remain there until such time as it is suppressed.

Image And anyone who walks by gets poked, right?

Image That's right, Paul! It deals White damage to anyone who walks within its range, dealing significant damage to Agents with Temperance 3 or lower, and lowered damage for those with higher Temperance levels.

Image Well I'll be a fish in a barrel, that sounds easy to deal with! Since it doesn't move, why not just sit outside its range and hit it with a gun?

Image You'd think that would be plenty-but there's a problem.

Image Medea's hitting it, but it's not doing damage! What's the deal?

Image That's Porccubus's special ability. It ignores any damage from outside of its attack range.

Image But that means our Agents can't suppress it without getting up close and personal!

Image Exactly the problem. Luckily, we have a backup plan.

Image Holy returning captains, Miss Hod! It's Sweet Pea, back early from her cameo in the season 1 finale! But I thought Welfare wasn't even open yet!

Image Part of what distinguishes a Captain from a normal Agent is the willingness to pitch in, even when it's not really your job!

Image I see! I'll have to give 110% every day from now on, like any Agent who wants to get anywhere!

Image It's also worth noting that while Porccubus can negate the damage of Medea's shots, the added effect of amplifying Red damage will still activate properly. This means that Sweet Pea's damage will frequently be boosted by an additional 50%.

Image They're like a tag-team of unbridled power!

Image While Porccubus is not a threat to any adequately trained Agent, all Managers are advised to suppress it in the unlikely event of a breach, since it can cause considerable casualties among our Clerks. This can lead to issues with certain other Abnormalities.

Image So remember: stop and bludgeon the flowers, but only up close!

Image Good evening, future Managers. This evening's Abnormality, Porccubus, reminds me in many ways of a cactus which has been sitting on my desk for some time. Angela tells me it's from an employee, though which one I couldn't say. At any rate, I've had it far longer than this version of myself can remember. Angela, graphics.

Image Honestly, the worst thing I can say about this one is that its suit is weak to Red damage. It's very simple to work with, and provided our agents train with something like Laetitia first for their Temperance it makes an excellent way to train Prudence and Fortitude. Its breach is quite tame, and there are few downsides to having it within the facility.

Image That is not to say it is good, of course. There are far more profitable options than this when selecting an Abnormality. However, its overall ease of use and lack of true downsides make it a quite ideal Abnormality for getting a facility on its feet. Once your agents have reached Temperance level 4, of course.

Image Anyways… every cycle, Angela asks me if the cactus will bloom. Every cycle, I say yes.

Image I have no reason to believe it, of course. It's never bloomed in my time here. There's no light, and the poor succulent is kept only barely alive. Still… I feel as though saying it won't bloom would be giving in at this point, I suppose.

Image Perhaps not in my time here, but someday… someday it must… ah. Forgive me, I lost myself in my thoughts for a moment. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Porccubus

New Gear

*Not affected by Attack Speed

New Story

Porccubus (Part 1)
Porccubus (Part 2)

AweStriker wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:49 am
Not exactly "by me", but I asked a friend who was doing Civ VI writeups of various fictional organizations to do one for Lobotomy Corporation. This was the result.

I don't know nearly enough about Civ 6 to parse this, but this is basically a science group, right? Eeeexcelent. :allears:

Episode 20: We Can Change Anything

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about We Can Change Anything!

Image We Can Change Anything is the newest product from XX Inc, and is a ZAYIN Abnormality due to its incredible safety and the benefits which it can provide to a facility.

Image But Miss Hod, what does it do for the facility?

Image Excellent question, Paul! It only does everything!

Image Everything?! That's a lot of things!

Image If you're filled with anxiety about anything, it can be solved with the simple push of a button. All you have to do is walk inside, push a button, and your problem-no matter what it is-will be solved! Additionally, it generates a certain level of energy and can serve as a generator in a pinch.

Image That sounds like all that and two bags of chips, Miss Hod!

Image It certainly is, Paul! That's why we've put together three different Agents with three different issues to show the versatility and energy output of We Can Change Anything from XX Inc!

Image Oh boy! We're going to solve issues for me and a whole posse on top of it!

Image Well, are you ready to demonstrate We Can Change Anything?

Image I sure am! What do I do, Miss Hod?

Image That's simple. You just step inside, and press the button!

Image Now what?

Image Now you wait. The machine is so incredibly comfortable that Agents never leave it, and while it solves their problems it produces energy in addition.

Image Oh boy! I can feel my crippling social anxieties melting away already!

Image The red bar here shows how not even the Manager can stand in the way of the resolution of whatever issue the Agent is having. Once it begins, work with We Can Change Anything can't end until it's done.

Image Yowie wowie, Miss Hod! I don't feel worried about asking that spiffy female agent to the biweekly social dance anymore, either!

Image You see? Problem solved! But wait, there's more.

Image We've also gained 16 energy towards our daily quota, all while making sure your needs are met.

Image Paneceal perfection! I'm sold already! But Miss Hod, what about if the problem is external?

Image I'm glad you asked, Paul!

Image I'd like you to meet Angel, who has been complaining about a noisy roommate for as long as they can remember. Let's watch as We Can Change Anything fixes that problem too!

Image Oh boy! I can't wait!

Image Man, Miss Hod! That soothing beep is soft and calming enough that I could use it to take a nap!

Image It certainly is, Paul! And while soothing you to sleep, it also cured Angel's problem with their roommate! No longer do they have to worry about being kept up all night by the sound of scratching on their walls.

Image It's amazing! I'd order now, if I had the kind of money to spend on such a device! But wait, did this problem give us energy?

Image Mea culpa! That's… carry the four… Even more energy than it got from my problem!

Image That's right, Paul! The longer that We Can Change Anything runs to resolve an Agent's problems, the more energy it creates.

Image Well… what about legal problems? Can it solve those?

Image I think you already know the answer.

Image Oh boy, I hope so! Who do we have now?

Image Last up we have Yams, who is in serious legal trouble over property damage.

Image Property damage? How much are we talking here?

Image She just sawed a boat in half!

Image That's a lot of damage! But can we change it?

Image We sure can! Let's watch.

Image All she has to do is enter the chamber of We Can Change Anything, press the button, and…

Image Her legal troubles are over!

Image Astounding! Nothing on earth could have fixed that, no matter how flexy! But Miss Hod, how much energy did we get from that one?

Image If we take a look at our energy counter, we'll see.

Image It's a PE-splosion! That's nearly 200 boxes!

Image To be exact, we gained 187 boxes of energy from that alone-which is very near the maximum we can reasonably gain from a single use. Luckily, as long as there are problems to be solved there's more energy to be harvested!

Image I've got to get one of these for myself! How much does it cost?

Image That's just it-it's absolutely free to any and all Managers who happen to select its Abnormality cell.

Image Free?! You've got to be pulling my leg!

Image Nope! All this can be yours, for the super-low price of 'absolutely free!' And since it gives energy back, it's like XX Inc is paying you to hold on to it!

Image Jeepies! I need to call right now before they're all sold out!

Image Good evening, future Managers. XX Inc has given us a wonderful opportunity tonight to speak on their latest home appliance-We Can Change Anything. Angela, if you would.

Image That's right, from the makers of All-Around Helper, We Can Change Anything will do exactly what it says. I myself use it quite frequently around the facility. It's useful for peacefully curing employees who have gone beyond the mental corruption thresholds, as well as facilitating as a mediator for employees who are asking too many uncomfortable questions.

Image It also comes complete with the latest in anti-meltdown technology, meaning that it will never attempt to force us to use it. Instead, every single use of We Can Change Anything will be done by our own discretion. There's no reason not to take it-why, I myself can't consider my facility complete without it.

Image Once more, that's We Can Change Anything, from XX Inc. Try it out, and experience comfort a Manager could once only dream of. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Portions of today's broadcast paid for in part by XX Inc.

Image ...Manager, I am still quite confused.

Image I already told you, when a shadowy member of a corporation that may not even exist outside of the public subconscious offers you a large sum of money to film something you were going to film anyways, you don't ask questions.

Image As a perfect AI, I am in charge of all of our accounts. We did not need the money.

Image It's never about needing money, Angela. We simply strive for more, regardless of the cost. Much the same as we do energy, yes?

Image ...If you say so, Manager.

New Guidelines/Story

We Can Change Anything

100% Dissolution is unachievable without casualties, then?

AweStriker wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:51 pm
100% Dissolution is unachievable without casualties, then?
Correct. No matter what, you're going to have to send people through the WCCA wood chipper to get enough time on it to get all its data.

Episode 21: The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies!

Image The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies, or Funeral for short, is a HE-level Abormality who takes the form of a Butterfly-headed monster in a suit.

Image It's got a sharp style, and instead of a tie it's got a fifth hand!

Image That's correct, Paul! Now, let's cover how Funeral works. To that end, we'll be having Mr.Black work with it.

Image Wowsers! It's not every day that Netzach's own Captain gets involved!

Image Like many other Abnormalities, Funeral has certain level requirements. If it's worked by an Agent with less than 3 Justice, it will automatically lose one Qliphoth Counter when the work is completed.

Image Good thing Mr.Black has a Justice of 5! There's no way the counter will lower from that!

Image Huhzuwhaaaaaat?! The counter decreased anyways!

Image That's because Mr.Black has a Fortitude level higher than 3, Paul! This is the other rule to keep in mind with Funeral.

Image Oh snap! Our best Agents can't be used!

Image That's correct, Paul! If we break its rules twice, Funeral will breach. While Breaching, it has two forms of attack.

Image The first is a shot from its finger.

Image Fluttery frijoles! I've been fingerbanged!

Image This shot deals White damage to a single target in front of it. As for its other attack, it uses the coffin on its back.

Image This attack fills the corridor in front of it with butterflies, dealing White damage to everyone in front of it.

Image At least it only deals White damage! If anyone panics, we can just knock them out of it later!

Image Yowie wowie! But it was just White damage!

Image Any employee who panics due to Funeral's attacks is killed instead of panicked, Paul. Their bodies are put to rest as butterflies cover their remains.

Image It's a dedicated eulogy!

Image That's correct. However, it's a relatively fragile HE Abnormality, and can be easily suppressed by even a single agent with proper E.G.O equipment.

Image Even when suppressed, it's committed to being as edgy as possible!

Image Abnormalities are the crystallization of thoughts, after all-it makes sense that any one of them would be incredibly committed to their base idea.

Image I see, Miss Hod! That makes sense!

Image Good evening, future Managers. Netzach has once more joined my stable of stable Sephirot. You may think that this is a good thing, but… it isn't. Netzach is useless. Perhaps worse than useless. Regardless, we've a butterfly to discuss. Angela?

Image Funeral of the Dead Butterflies serves two purposes in a facility: It will train Justice remarkably well for Agents who have hit 3 in every statistic but seek direction, and it is a very easy Abnormality to make breach. It can also function as an Insight trainer, but Justice is a statistic which I find quite important-I vastly prefer it.

Image Its E.G.O gift does compete for space with that abomination of a bird's wing, though since I've never been able to defeat it such concerns are immaterial to me. I've also heard that its gear is particularly 'cool.' It shoots both Black and White damage at the same time, which simply complicates trying to determine which suppressions you should send its wielder on.

Image I suppose I can concede that it has some aesthetic appeal. People prefer sharp suits. It's why I make a point of dressing to impress. Even now that Yesod has fallen apart, I feel it best that I look the part I am meant to play.

Image ...I rather miss him. He was the only one of these people who could do their job without costing me employees from overbearing work schedules, or making them into drug-dependent junkies. And don't get me started on that lazy imbecile who's supposed to be running Safety… Alas, that ship has sailed.

Image I suppose this is simply what I deserve for surrounding myself with machines. No matter. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

New Gear

Requirements: Justice 3
*Not affected by Attack Speed

Requirements: Justice 3

New Story

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

Funeral of the Dead Butterflies is cool as heck and it is completely expected that it gets sexy'd in fanart as often as it does.

Episode 22: Meat Lantern

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Meat Lantern!

Image Meat Lantern is a TETH Abnormality which takes the form of a fluffy mountain with a flower coming out of it.

Image It's very cute, Miss Hod! But in that way where it's the kind of cute that you can't tell why it's cute.

Image I find its flower charming, personally. Still, there's no time for that-it's time for us to get to work!

Image Righty-o! I'll grab my clipboard!

Image That won't be necessary, Paul.

Image Meat Lantern's counter drops either upon a Bad result, or when a work with it takes fewer than 40 seconds.

Image That basically means any agent with a Temperance level higher than 1 is going to let it out!

Image Good thinking, Paul! That's exactly right.

Image But what happens when it escapes?

Image Upon its counter hitting 0, Meat Lantern burrows out of its containment cell and hides somewhere within the facility. It does not allow the Manager to order suppressions by clicking upon its cell, so he's required to find it himself.

Image Good thing the Manager's got such a keen eye for details, and an incredible ability to get things done!

Image Right you are! Oh, I'm getting word that we've spotted Meat Lantern.

Image Here it is!

Image What? That's a flower.

Image It's the same thing as is normally on Meat Lantern's head, Paul. It's vitally important for the Manager to keep all Agents away from the markings on either side of it. This represents the Meat Lantern's zone. Please note that the Manager has to manually order Agents to engage with Meat Lantern, they will not do so on their own.

Image It still just looks like a flower to me, Miss Hod.

Image Well then, why not go over and give it a look!

Image Yowie wowie! That really wasn't a flower!

Image When an employee comes too close to its lure, Meat Lantern will bite down on it, dealing a massive amount of Red damage. In most cases, this is instantly lethal.

Image Doesn't that make it hard to suppress, Miss Hod?

Image Not at all! After all, if our employees don't come close then it can't attack.

Image That means Mr.Black can just fire from outside its range and take it out!

Image That's correct, Paul! Meat Lantern is very easy to let out, and just as easy to put back where it came from.

Image Just make sure not to step over any suspiciously glowy flowers, and you'll be fine!

Image Good evening, future Managers. Grab yourself a bear and have a seat. This won't take long. Angela, graphics.

Image Meat Lantern somehow straddles the line between boring and annoying perfectly. Its breach practically does not matter, serving only to waste time when it is worked too well. However, there is no reason to really work with it. Its weapon is not particularly amazing, despite being an early source of Black damage. Its suit will serve well through the very early game, but beyond that falls off quickly like most TETH outfits.

Image If you decide you must take it and keep it, then I recommend building around the fact that a number of your Clerks shall inevitably be preyed upon over the course of the day. It does not play well with the likes of Big Bird and its brethren. Netzach was complaining about it again today...

Image ...Every time he shows up again, Netzach circles back to the same idea: He wants a beer machine. He doesn't seem to understand that having Agents who are drunk isn't good for the workplace, saying that they'll die no matter how sloshed they are.

Image Honestly, I just think the Enkephalin isn't enough to take the edge off for him anymore. He has to deal with death every day, and the horrors of working in his department in a place like this have long since eaten away at him. It's a self-serving wish, to give himself another layer of intoxication and avoid doing his usual work.

Image Would it kill him to simply do his damned job? He's not the only one who faces the horrors of this place head on, day in and day out. I've never complained about it once, and Enkephalin? Why would I ever need something like that?

Image For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Meat Lantern

New Gear

New Story

Meat Lantern

Episode 23: Nameless Fetus

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Nameless Fetus!

Image Nameless Fetus is a HE-level Abnormality, which takes the form of a very large infant with a maw in its stomach.

Image A baby? Well, that can't be so bad-right?

Image It's actually been voted the most-unpopular Abnormality by 80% of Agents on the company wiki over the past 12 cycles.

Image Wowsers! I guess I take it back! Miss Hod, what makes it so bad?

Image Well, Paul-it comes down to a combination of three things. The first is that a Normal or Bad result can lower its Qliphoth Counter, and the second is that its Good result margin is relatively narrow, at 14-18 boxes. Five misses means a possible counter drop.

Image And when its counter hits 0, it does something bad?

Image Right you are, Paul. Now, we need to trigger that reaction.

Image How are you going to do that, Miss Hod?

Image The same way we upset any child, Paul.

Image We let D.A.D. neglect it!

Image The process of energy production sure is ruthless sometimes!

Image What is that noise?! It's terrible!

Image That noise is the Nameless Fetus's ability. Babies cry, and the Fetus can cry. This has three effects-the first of which being a loud wail the manager can hear.

Image It's incredibly grating!

Image It is, Paul!

Image So annoying, in fact, that it deals White damage to every employee in the department.

Image It gives everyone a splitting headache! But that's not so big a deal, there's got to be more-right?

Image Very perceptive, Paul! Every time its cry affects the department it's in, something else happens.

Image The Qliphoth Counters of all Abnormalities in the department are reduced by 1, each time.

Image Sweet king of all googly mooglykind! That's really bad! Can it be stopped?!

Image It can! Clicking on the cell while it's in this state brings up a window.

Image Oh, I remember this from the CENSORED episode! It rolls and picks an employee at random, right?

Image That's correct! The manager simply has to roll…

Image And a random employee is drawn to the cell for this special work type.

Image Look out, Clerk Eta35! Meat Lantern's gonna getcha!

Image There's no need to worry, Paul! For some reason, the employee selected by this process is completely invincible while walking to the containment cell.

Image Fetal forcefields! That's super-convenient, Miss Hod!

Image When the employee reaches Nameless Fetus's cell, the work is carried out.

Image Oh! That was much clearer than with CENSORED! It just ate them right up!

Image Correct! With its hunger sated, Nameless Fetus returns to a state of dormancy.

Image Wowsers! It sounds like a real handful. Good thing the Manager has the tools to deal with it!

Image Right you are.

Image Shame that we're almost out of time. I was barely even in this episode!

Image Oh, I wouldn't worry about that.

Image Huh? You can't mean-!

Image That's right, Paul!

Image It's a double-length episode!

Image Golly gosh! I can't wait to talk about another Abnormality! Who do we have today?

Image It's the one and only Theresia! Let's take a closer look.

Image Theresia is a TETH-level Tool Abnormality which takes the form of a music box. While an Agent listens to Theresia, the SP of all Agents within the department is healed by 10 every 5 seconds. Give it a try, Paul!

Image It's incredibly soothing! ...What's the downside?

Image Ah, you're learning! Very good Paul! Staying in proximity to Theresia for 30 seconds will instantly send the Agent listening to it into a state of panic.

Image Remember, kids: vibing for too long can be bad for you!

Image There we go! Luckily it's a normal panic, so we can just have Nea walk over with her weapon and bonk the sense right back into me!

Image We could do that, Paul… but we haven't had the chance to get the suicide-type Panic's effect up close.

Image So… no sanity whacking?

Image No sanity whacking.

Image Aww… puckernuts.

Image Yowie wowie! Who knew I had that much forearm strength?!

Image This is incredible common for suicide-type panics, Paul! It turns out that all the terror you feel converts itself into raw strength for an instant, letting you snap your own neck.

Image And turn my head upside down! Maybe I should challenge Miss Gebura to an arm-wrestling competition after all!

Image I wouldn't do that unless you want to lose an arm. Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Good evening, future Managers. I hope you've enjoyed my surprise. I may do it again, as time permits. Truth be told, I have some incentive to do so. Ah, but we'll circle back to it. Angela, the graphics.

Image Theresia exists and is relatively safe so long as it's treated in the same manner as that blasted Shelter. Like most Tools, it's barely worth words. As for the Nameless Fetus…

Image I can understand why its mother refused to give it meaning.

Image Instinct work is practically required in dealing with it, and even then only from an Agent with the highest Temperance. If you must research it, it's best done in a department full of Abnormalities which do not have Qliphoth Counters-and even then its cry will likely bludgeon your psyche into submission should it become upset.

Image Honestly? I mute the speakers when it cries. It makes things far more bearable. Setting that aside, its gear is not worth the trouble as White damage is nearly never a problem-and this makes it simple to pass over. There is almost always a better option for the stability of our facility.

Image Now, to circle back around-there is incentive to do so. I am leaving these videos for the managers who are to come after. That would imply that I know my days are numbered. Two Sephirot have broken, and despite my best efforts, I cannot seem to fix them. They yell, they cry, my agents suffer heavy casualties, and in the end nothing changes-they are broken the next day as well.

Image Given that the way out is through them, it is implausible that I will succeed. The only thing which matters is that this project be completed before my time here comes to an end. But, ultimately, we are as fragile a human as any of the others in this place. We are smarter, perhaps-a measure more clever than the common folk… but this won't protect us from the guilt. It will wear on me, as all others.

Image I simply must complete my work before this place claims me, as well. Not knowing when that time may be, I work as quickly as I am able. ...But that matters little to you, in the future-doesn't it? Tell me, did I succeed?

Image ...Hm. I see. Well-for now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Nameless Fetus
Theresia

New Gear

Requirements: Level 2, Fortitude 2

New Story

Nameless Fetus (Part 1)
Nameless Fetus (Part 2)
Last edited by TeeQueue on Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lol at the IOU.

I can see why most of these were in the "didn't select" bucket. Theresia at least seems safe, if not terribly useful.

DKII wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:47 am
Lol at the IOU.

I can see why most of these were in the "didn't select" bucket. Theresia at least seems safe, if not terribly useful.
I left the portion of my video capture with that on it on my main PC, so I didn't get a chance to update it until tonight. :doh:

oh well, we have it now.

Episode 24: Scorched Girl

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Scorched Girl!

Image Scorched Girl is a TETH-level abnnormality, taking the form of the burned body of a little girl.

Image With a matchstick stabbed through her! That looks painful.

Image It is painful, Paul! But there's nothing to worry about, as our researchers have assured us that Abnormalities are not deserving of any considerations.

Image Whew! That's a load off of my mind! So, how's this one work?

Image Scorched Girl's handling instructions are very simple. Her Qliphoth Counter can decrease from either Normal or Bad work results.

Image Here we have an agent who's acquired Scorched Girl's E.G.O Gift working with her in order to provoke a breach.

Image That gift is so super cool, Miss Hod! I want to hang a matchstick out of my mouth like that!

Image If you work hard, maybe someday you will! Anyways, because of Scorched Girl's counter of 2, it takes a couple of works to force a breach.

Image When Scorched Girl does breach, she slowly wanders the facility in search of-

Image Oh! I know! Warmth and happiness!

Image That isn't quite right, Paul. Have a look over here.

Image What's that symbol over the Clerk's head?

Image That symbol means that the Clerk is Scorched Girl's target. She slowly moves towards her target, and when she enters the same room as them she begins a five second countdown.

Image Wait-but…

Image They're already in the same room!

Image Oh… that's not very good at all!

Image Yowie wowie! She exploded all over my face!

Image This explosion deals massive Red damage to everyone in the same room. For this reason, it's imperative that Scorched Girl either be suppressed quickly, or that her target be kept far from her.

Image It's sure a good thing she's so fragile then, huh?

Image That's right! With only 120 HP, Scorched Girl can be put to rest by almost any combat-ready team of Agents in just a short while.

Image Just play it smart and you won't get blown up!

Image Good evening, future Managers. Before you ask, I would like to address something odd in today's episode. Have you heard of the concept of hibakujumoku?

Image Long ago, when man first lay hands upon technology which could be said to even begin to approach a Singularity, they sought to test it. Unfortunately for them, this technology was a horrifically powerful bomb. It leveled everything around it, caking the earth in death and killing countless humans. However, against all odds, there were trees which survived-some virtually untouched by the full force of such a powerful weapon. These are the hibakujumoku-roughly meaning 'bombed trees.' They served as a reminder that no matter how powerful a blast may seem, there is no such thing as a weapon which kills without fail.

Image All of this, of course, is to say the following: I have no idea how Epsilon48 survived either. Please don't ask. Some things in this world are simply beyond our comprehension. Angela, the graphics.

Image Scorched Girl is a fairly good Fortitude trainer, though doing so risks allowing her to breach-it's generally safer to stick with Insight work should your only focus be on her gear. And make no mistake-her suit is exquisite for getting a facility up and running initially, while her weapon is one of the best in the game in terms of raw damage output. It can keep up with some WAW weapons in the hands of a sufficiently proficient Agent.

Image Her ability to breach also makes her invaluable for solving some of Gebura and Hod's missions. Speaking of which, I still need to fulfil that one from Hod…

Image The point is, Scorched Girl is an excellent addition to any facility. If unable to simply suppress her when her ire is provoked or play keepaway with the Agent she targets, then have all Agents clear out of the room of whatever poor Clerk she's decided to fixate on. Since their deaths do not matter, nothing will be lost from their sacrifice. The best of luck to all of you. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

Scorched Girl

New Gear

New Story

Scorched Girl

I’m sure it’s mostly the cognition filter but I’m with Mizu on this one.

Scorched Girl is a cutie

Don't let this happen to your facility.

Episode 25: Don't Touch Me

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about Don't Touch Me!

Image Don't Touch Me is a ZAYIN-level Abnormality, which takes on the form of a button. It has only one rule:

Image DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Image Very good, Paul! Should the Manager interact with it in any way, something unfortunate will occur. It's vital that it not be touched, under any circumstances.

Image As long as you can do that, it's absolutely safe!

Image Don't Touch Me does have ways of trying to fool a Manager into breaking its single rule, however.

Image On occasion, Don't Touch Me's containment cell will flash with some kind of effect. The type is random, and includes a number of effects not seen on any Abnormalities currently in our Codex.

Image But it's all a trick! Dooooon't touch it!

Image It can also temporarily change its form to that of another Abnormality within the facility, in order to trip up Managers who are playing while zoomed too far out to read its name.

Image But that's a trick too! Don't you touch it! That skull isn't your friend at all!

Image That concludes Don't Touch Me's abilities. So long as the Manager doesn't touch it, everything will be fine.

Image If this were any other show, we could actually leave things off here, huh? It seems like a good spot. But…

Image It's demonstration time!

Image Oh boy oh boy! I can't wait to watch what happens when the carnage unfolds!

Image There are two main types of Don't Touch Me penalties. The first is for when the Manager selects the bar to bring up its Abnormality information, like so.

Image Wowsers! Everything went all colorlicious up in here!

Image Oh, Paul-that's not colorlicious at all. Take a closer look.

Image Breaching battalions, Miss Hod! Every Abnormality in the entire facility's QC hit 0 at once!

Image That's right, Paul! This is the lesser of the two effects, but it's still very potent.

Image Lesser? What could be worse than this?

Image A pertinent question, Paul! And one that we'll answer as soon as the Manager selects the cell itself, like he's trying to perform a work with it. The facility quakes...

Image And just like that, every Agent in the facility is instantly panicked or killed at random!

Image Yowsers! Now that's unrecoverable, even for our great Manager!

Image It sure is, Paul! It's imperative that the Manager avoid pressing Don't Touch Me at all costs.

Image You heard it here, Manager! Don't let this happen to me-er, you! Dooooooon't touch it!

Image Good evening, future Managers. There are no graphics today as Don't Touch Me lacks a codex entry, and even attempts to pull up its information on the Deployment screen…

Image Well, see for yourself.

Image It is worth noting that one must provoke Don't Touch Me in this way at least once in order to see its proper icon and get its name instead of its serial number. I recommend doing so on the Deployment Screen-it costs the facility one computer with a newly-fried motherboard, but does not cause lasting harm to any Agents or Employees.

Image As for its uses, it has three. The first, as an emergency escape button should our Retry menu ever be sealed off. Pressing it will instantly bring up our failsafe button and allow us to return to the start of the day. This use, admittedly, would take an Abnormality or situation which seals off that menu-I have seen no such thing as of yet.

Image The second use is more simple: It cannot meltdown. Any time which one would spawn upon it is a time in which we clear one for free. For obvious reasons, this is important-by the later days we are dealing with dozens of the damned things. As for the third…

Image It is more an opportunity cost than it is anything else. Don't Touch Me is harmless. It cannot cause problems-if it does, it is entirely the fault of the Manager. This means that it is preferable to any number of Abnormalities which are active detriments to the facility, like that magical girl or the damned chia pet. Oh… we'll get to that one.

Image Anyways, there is one other warning I feel the need to impart upon you. When handling Don't Touch Me, there is a strange reaction which occurs only when it has been provoked enough to overload our systems entirely. This reaction updates the state of our most recent dissolution and equipment details in order to reveal the name of the Abnormality, and provide us with its icon.

Image It also saves the exact status of the facility at the moment of failure.

Image A previous Manager did not know this, and provoked Don't Touch Me's reaction by clicking several times on its cell directly during a workday. When his systems finally were restored, he found that he'd had the Abnormality's information…

Image He also found that his four cycles' worth of powerful ALEPH and WAW equipment had vanished, as all his Agents were now wearing the base suit. Angela, could you remind us what happened to that Manager?

Image In his frustration, he blamed the Abnormality-then hanged himself.

Image Mm. If handled unwisely, Don't Touch Me can wipe out an immense amount of work in an instant.

Image However, as I have said-it is entirely the fault of the Manager. At that point, you've pressed it numerous times… and you still have something you want to know about it?

Image Too much curiosity is a curse. You received precisely what you deserved.

Image So long as you keep all of this in mind, Don't Touch Me should serve as no trouble whatsoever to any Manager. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

Episode 26: The Silent Orchestra

Image Hi! I'm Paul! Just your everyday plucky employee of Lobotomy Cobotomy, here today to talk about The Silent Orchestra!

Image The Silent Orchestra is an ALEPH-level Abnormality, and one of the trickiest Abnormalities any Manager can be faced with.

Image There's no messing around when this thing's involved! We're in the big leagues now!

Image While its Qliphoth Counter is 2, there are two ways to lower it. The first is a Bad work result. The second is the opposite-a Good work result.

Image Music can stem from positive or negative emotions, after all! It's important that the conductor feels nothing at all.

Image Here we've arranged to have an Agent perform two Good works with it, in order to demonstrate what transpires when it breaches.

Image In order to prevent complications with another Abnormality, we'll also be clearing-

Image Hey, waitasec! There's Talow again! Why does he keep showing up?

Image ...Ahahah… U-um…

Image Don't you worry about that, Paul! I'm certain that there's a good reason, and we're clearing them all out anyways!

Image Oh. Alright then, Miss Hod! I'm sure it's nothing sinister at all!

Image Anyways, when The Silent Orchestra breaches, it begins with a curtain call.

Image What a consummate showman!

Image All Abnormalities are incredibly committed to playing their part. This much is simply to be expected!

Image When the curtain opens, the Manager's attention is automatically moved to The Silent Orchestra's location in the main room of its department. While The Silent Orchestra is playing, the curtain remains on the Manager's screen. This has several effects.

Image First of all, it obstructs the Manager's view-he can't see where his Meltdown level is, or the corners of the screen!

Image It also has the added effect of stopping the manager from speeding up or slowing down time. Pausing is still okay, but The Silent Orchestra insists on having its music played at the right pace.

Image He must want to make sure there's no weird remixing, right Miss Hod?

Image As the breach continues, a single figure comes out of the ground.

Image Once she has emerged, the first movement begins. During both the beginning phase and the first movement, The Silent Orchestra is immune to all damage aside Pale. It attacks via a ring of notes which will surround it. This ring will deal White damage to anyone within the same room as the Abnormality.

Image Hey! There's a second person coming out of the ground too, Miss Hod!

Image Good eye, Paul! Once the second member of the chorus joins, then The Silent Orchestra's song moves on once more.

Image In the second movement another ring is added on top of the first, and the White damage will begin applying in nearby rooms and hallways. During this phase, The Silent Orchestra is vulnerable only to Black damage. All other attack types are ineffectual.

Image Those sure are some big rings!

Image It's worth noting that the rings determine how much damage a target takes from The Silent Orchestra's song. The further out your ring is, the less effective its attack is.

Image Music can't hurt you if you're too far away to hear it, after all!

Image Movement three occurs when the third choirgirl is added, and during this phase The Silent Orchestra's vulnerability changes to White damage. In this phase, the damage of the attack is intensified and another ring is added on. In addition-

Image BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Image Yes, Paul-a high-pitched beep occurs, as the Abnormality attempts to deal damage directly to the Manager themselves. This noise can make it very difficult to think, so please use caution and turn down your speaker volume before attempting to suppress The Silent Orchestra.

Image If not, you might hurt your hearing! It's really loud!

Image The final movement, movement four, occurs once the last choir member emerges. During this phase the attack will reach the entire department, and The Silent Orchestra becomes vulnerable to Red damage.

Image Oh-phew. The loud beeping noise stopped, Miss Hod!

Image That's not necessarily a good thing, Paul. Reaching this movement means that all of the energy we've gained towards the day's quota is removed.

Image Slippery enkephalin tanks, Miss Hod! That's a total reset!

Image It is indeed-but since the Meltdown Level doesn't reset this can mean a poorly timed Silent Orchestra breach can force our Manager into facing Dusk, or even Midnight Ordeals.

Image Jeepers! I'm sure glad I don't have to be on the lookout for things like that-I wouldn't want to face a powerful Ordeal.

Image This is the final chance the Manager has to suppress The Silent Orchestra, but there is one more part to its concert. A stage will rise from beneath the conductor and his choir, and when it is fully formed, the finale begins.

Image During the Finale the musical rings burst outward across the facility, and The Silent Orchestra is immune to all damage.

Image Yowzers! That probably deals a lot of damage!

Image It actually has a different ability, Paul. Instead of dealing damage directly, the Finale has a unique effect on any Agent with 50% or less of their SP remaining.

Image Yowie wowie! You never told me that The Silent Orchestra had unlocked facemelter!

Image The agent or clerk's head will burst, unable to withstand the musical force unleashed by The Silent Orchestra. For this reason, it's important to keep the SP of any Agent in the facility high while The Silent Orchestra is breaching.

Image And it ends with the curtains closing! Does that mean it's going to start again?

Image Not at all! Once its concert is finished, The Silent Orchestra returns to its containment cell. This does mean that avoidance is a valid strategy for handling its breaches-though it will cost all the energy acquired that day.

Image Wowsers, that's a hard choice. Good thing we don't have to make it, right?

Image That's right, Paul! Well, that's all the time we have today. Thanks for joining us! And remember…

Image Good evening, future Managers. The Silent Orchestra is an Abnormality worthy of our full attention, as it is prone to breaching but its status as an ALEPH makes it worth dealing with regardless. Angela, show them the details.

Image The first thing which must be mentioned is its E.G.O Gift. While rare, it is the only means through which an Agent can gain complete, perfect immunity to a damage type. It's simply a shame that the damage type is so pathetically useless. While it protects the Agent when working with White Abnormalities, no suppressible threats deal in White damage. Further, the absorption it provides only heals the SP gauge. It could theoretically be useful if fighting a Black damage opponent and a White damage opponent simultaneously, but all it would serve to do in the end is ensure the Agent with the monocle dies, rather than simply panics. It is not worth including in our calculations, as it is effectively irrelevant.

Image In exchange for this irrelevant ability, it gives the weakest of the ALEPH level E.G.O suits. Most of its defenses are on par with Smile or Mimicry, yes, and it almost succeeds as the White version of those suits-if not for the 1.5x Pale multiplier. This turns the suit into a liability when facing any opponent which deals Pale damage. These threats, of course, are not ones where such a liability can be afforded.

Image It is unfortunate, then, that the suit is garbage. The employees tell me they think it looks sharp-they even like the monocle. I could never truly agree… It reminds me of a very pushy old friend, one who I would rather not speak with. As for the weapon… it is incredibly powerful. The scythe attacks quickly, hits multiple times per attack, and is the third-highest among all the ALEPH gear we've ever extracted in terms of damage output… lagging behind Twilight, obviously, and... King of Greed? Is this right?

Image It is, Manager. My calculations are infallible.

Image Well, there you have it then. As for how to deal with it and get that equipment, I have a favorite trick. Allow me to share it with you. Prior to beginning work with The Silent Orchestra, arrange all Pale and Black weapon users into the main room that it will spawn into. It's always the main one of the department it's in, so this is an easy thing to do.

Image Once the second good work has taken place and the timer is counting down, select the entire army. Once this is done, wait for the curtains to close. Then comes the magic.

Image We can move our mouse over the center of the screen-and it will turn red. Right click when it does, and your agents will engage The Silent Orchestra before it has even begun its concert. So long as your Pale and Black damage weapons are up to snuff, it will make for an easy suppression.

Image Of course, you can also simply have all Agents clear out of the department for each breach… but that's simply wasteful. We're an energy company, after all. Throwing out good energy is anathema to our purposes.

Image At least, I think it is… the pipes to the outside do not function, after all. I couldn't say what the energy is being collected for. Ah, but I shouldn't burden you with my own worries. For now, this old man shall cease his ramblings.

New Guidelines

The Silent Orchestra

New Gear

Requirements: Level 5, Prudence 5

Requirements: Level 5, Prudence 5

New Story

The Silent Orchestra
Last edited by TeeQueue on Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't you just love it when the colour of an item is the same as the colour of the background it's placed against.

It did make me laugh, yes-the EGO weapon part of the Abnormality's main page shows it off much better.

I’d imagine that the energy drain effect really hurts on Day 50…

Holy cow. These devs have some impressive creative-evil going on with these last two, for attacking the player/manager directly. First, after training the player the whole game to click/work on new abnos to figure them out, throw in a button that all but breaks the game if you so much as look at it. Then throw in an abno that attempt to physically harm the player through annoying and painfully loud beeping?

They need to have these guys writing comic book villains or something.

if my math is right this will put us to the cusp of a new page.

But also, apparently the energy drain is turned off for day 50, so it's completely ignorable then.