Like games like Rune Factory? Then watch: My Time at Portia

Put your Let's Plays in here.
Hey guys, I'm Level Zero Badger, and you'll find me playing My Time at Portia (wikipedia.org, fandom.com) entertaining - most likely due to schadenfreude. :pseudo:

A bit about the game:
My Time At Portia uses the Unreal Engine was made by Pathea Games, Team 17, and released back in '19. You can find it on Windows, Switch, PS4, Xbone.
It is a single-player, Third-Person, Action-RP, Farm Sim.
A sequel, My Time at Sandrock, has been announced. But I know nothing about that.

Backstory:
The game takes place long after civilization has been destroyed, where humans have emerged from underground and begun rebuilding society.
You inherit your estranged father's workshop right outside of Portia, and start to make yourself at home.

Gameplay:
We want to become the very best builder, like no one ever was. To gather resources is our real test, and to create items is our cause. :imunfunny:
Build up your Pa's workshop, yourself, the people around you, and Portia itself.
The actual gameplay is pretty much:
  • Gather stuff by hand to make tools
  • Use tools to gather more stuff
  • Make machines with stuff you gather
  • Make things to make money
  • Make things to make people happy
  • Make things to make plot go
  • Spend money on stuff
  • Do missions
We start with stone axes and build up to chainsaws. There is a commission board, social links, farm plots, dungeons, and tie-dyed llamas.
The emphasis is not on farming, in fact it takes a few days to even start farming.

Playing:
No spoilers. This is a pseudo-blind playthrough. I have not played the game to completion before, but I have played enough to get comfortable with playing.
While this is a Single Player game, I'm down with someone joining me on the streams and talking at me.
I am open to advice, suggestions, and explanation/elaboration on topics/mechanics/etc that have been established.
I mean, I don't want to just run around like an idiot because that's not entertaining.
The game has a story line, rather than a time limit, but it's more or less at your own pace.

Updates:
I'll record through Twitch, then post it to my Youtube Playlist. I normally yell over Twitter before I start to stream.
My work schedule rotates, But I have a "weekend" every week, and can do at least one update a week.
I tend to do mornings, night/evening updates are a bonus.
Last edited by LevelZeroBadger on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ooh, interesting! I was curious about this game. It'll be neat to see how it plays.

Thanks for the interest Quackles!

I just streamed the first part and started the upload to YT.

Y'all'll like it - it's terrible!

Ah, Portia. It'll be interesting to see how this goes. I got a little ways into it, but not much. I kinda stalled out at the first major mission because for some reason the thought never occurred to me to build multiples of each crafting station, so I never finished it before I stopped.

Hey guys! Feels like it's been forever, but I have suffered from retail's greatest weapon: rotating weekends.

I will be updating today and/or tomorrow, so here's fair warning to that it'll happen. Check out my Twitch for the stream, and then my Youtube for the upload once the streams are done.
And I normally yell over Twitter before I start to stream.

(None of my stuff is monetized, I just like :words:)

EDIT1: Going live at 6 PM Eastern (-5 GMT).

EDIT2: No double-posting. Episode 3 is out, playlist updated.