I prefer to eat out of clean dishes that aren't nailed to the roof! Let's Play Grim Fandango - Remastered.

Put your Let's Plays in here.

What is this?

Grim Fandango is an adventure game directed by Tim Schafer and released by LucasArts. Initially released in 1998, it was the first adventure game by LucasArts to use a 3D engine and despite the change in controls and some mechanics, it plays pretty much like their earlier releases. Despite this game being regarded as a commercial failure upon release, it won many awards, was highly regarded by critics and to this day is regularly regarded as one of the best video games of all time. It's one of my all-time favourites,

Grim Fandango is set in the Land Of The Dead and we play as Manny Calavera who is a travel agent at the Department Of Death, our job is to sell travel packages for newly deceased clients on their journey to eternal rest. The game is split into four acts, each of them set on November 2nd and plays out over four consecutive years. It combines a lot of elements of film noir and Mexican culture.

I'll be playing the remastered version of the game which features improved textures, audio and a fully orchestrated soundtrack. The team also worked with people who made fan-made of the original game to incorporate them into the remastered version including a different control system, a point 'n' click style interface and various patches & graphical improvements

LP details

I aim to upload at least one video a week and I will be recording commentary live as I play. No spoilers please, if you need too then please use the appropriate tags.

Let's Play: Grim Fandango - Remastered

Bonus Videos
Year One - Additional Scenes & Dialogue
Open Mic Night - Manny's Poem
Rusty Anchor
Year Two - Additional Scenes & Dialogue
Last edited by Rocket Baby Dolls on Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Manny's bad day is just getting worse and he decides that he's going to do something about it. Although, getting back at colleagues while frustrated and stressed may not be the most ideal way to handle things. For better or worse, Manny's day is going to get a lot more interesting...

In this video, we meet our hero and find out why he busted us out of confinement. Hopefully, he can aid us in our search for Meche and catch up with Glottis, wherever he may be.

In this video, Manny & Glottis make their way through the petrified forest in an effort to reach Rubacava. Were they in time or will they be facing a long wait for Meche? This video is the end of the first act.

Bonus Videos
Year One - Additional Scenes & Dialogue

I didn't try everything on everyone and everything else but did try out a lot of things. There were a couple of singular lines of dialogue that I missed out as they were fairly generic. If there is anything that I've missed out, let me know and I'll make a compilation at the end.

All timestamps are in the video description:

BLAM!, Additional Dialogue With Eva, Additional Scenes At The Hut, Additional Dialogue With Domino, Look Out Be-Dough!, An Unmarked Card, Manny & Meche's New Relationship, Additional Rooftop Scenes, Additional Petrified Forest Scenes.

This video is the first part of the second year. Manny has settled into Rubacava and seems to have made a name for himself, Glottis has settled down and is joining life but there still hasn't been any sign of Meche. Maybe tonight's the night?

Dig this real.
Exploooosion...bang.
The phone is for me.
Like, pow!
I reach out...
I'm severely touched.
Don't pet the cat that way.
You heard me.

This recording went to plan in the way that I knew that it would be impossible to go perfectly. There is a lot of rambling in this video in several different ways that I wasn't strictly in control of apart from putting it to an end. I accidentally cut off the announcer at the race track, his announcements seem to be on a loop and I've come into the race track at different points. I was in control of Manny at the time, but unfortunately, clicking to move him seemed to cut off an announcement. The poetry was a case of choosing anything original until the only choices were two or three rounds of repeats. I don't feel like I accomplished a whole lot in this video, but it was fun to record.

I did say that I'd record each line of poetry and have made a start. I'm writing down each line as they appear on the screen and recording them as I go along, I think that I managed to get around two-thirds of them in one session earlier, trying to organise them all into a single, coherent, video will be a test of my patience. If I'm feeling extra masochistic then I might even do one for Olivia too.

In this video, Manny enters the High Rollers Club to find Charlie's suitcase and to find a lawyer so he can adopt Glottis. I think that I tried to cram too much into this video but I wanted to end it the way that I did.

Bonus Videos

I have some free time today as my youngest is having to self-isolate with her mother. So I decided to record another video and piece this one together. I found eighty-six individual lines in total, I really hope that I didn't miss any as I was extremely thorough. I did attempt to put them into a somewhat alphabetical order but I wasn't being too strict about it.

Open Mic Night - Manny's Poem

This video is the end of the second act. I was expecting this to be a two-parter but after editing it's now a single thirty-seven minutes long video, I don't usually like going over thirty minutes but there didn't seem a natural point in where to cut this in half.

I will concentrate on additional footage before I start the third act. I have started to record some footage but there is a point where I believe that I have soft-locked an alternative direction involving Nick. I will side-step this for now and continue on.

This is one additional scene that I've just witnessed for the first time: Rusty Anchor

Bonus Videos

Year Two - Additional Scenes & Dialogue

I tried to be as thorough as possible with this but I didn't try everything on everything else. Timestamps are in the video description:

Pissing Off Bogen, Additional Dialogue With Olivia, Entering The High Rollers Club Before Glottis, Additional Dialogue With Nick, Showing The Photo To Maximino, A Conversation With Raoul, Naranja's Tattoo & Toto's Conversation With Velasco.