The LP Request/Recommendation Thread

Put your Let's Plays in here.
This is a heavily abridged version of the Request/Recommendation thread from SA, but we're starting fresh so it seems appropriate to do the same here. In the interest of time:

Requests

1) Be as specific as possible when requesting a game, including the system, style, and any particulars you'd like to see (100%, challenge run, etc). Please do not forget to bold the name of the game in your post.

2) Do not request full series LPs. If there's a subseries of games you'd like to see (say, the Final Fantasy XIII games specifically), that's one thing, but doing ALL the Final Fantasy games or ALL the Zelda games is far too much work to reasonably request of an internet stranger.

3) Requests that have been on the list for more than 6 months will be culled. You may freely re-request games that have fallen off, but after the second time I will assume there is no interest and leave it off the list for a cycle.

4) Please post in the thread if you choose to take up one of these requests. I will link to it as long as the thread is active or until the LP is complete.

The LP Beach Master Request List

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - VLP - 6/20
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - 100% VLP - 6/20
Devil May Cry 5 - VLP - 7/20
Final Fantasy XI (can be done solo these days) - 6/20
Half-Life 3
Later Alligator (PC) - SSLP w/ lots of gifs - 6/20
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader (PC) - SSLP - 6/20
Nightshade (PC) - 6/20
Organ Trail - 6/20
Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) - All Endings - 7/20
Super Robot Wars Z 2.2: Chapter Regeneration (PSP) - SSLP - 6/20
Tales of Berseria - 7/20
The Oregon Trail - Apple II (or older) - 6/20
The Thirteenth Doll - 6/20

Recommendations

1) Do not plug your own content unprompted. If you have made (or are currently working on) something that fits a request that someone has asked about, then by all means shill away, but otherwise please refrain from recommending your own projects. This will be enforced with probations and bans given repeated violations.

2) If you are recommending another user's content, please give a short description as to why it is good or worth following. Are they funny? Informative? Chill? Avant-garde as fuck? There's a lot of reasons to watch someone, and an infinite supply of videos out there.

3) If a recommendation is made that you disagree with, please make sure you have a valid reason to post an objection. "This person is a bigot and regularly drops slurs" is a lot more pertinent than "This person has a hairy butt and I don't think they're very funny."

Ye Olde Recommendation List

Your game could also go here!

Site Admin
Half Life 3, in continuation of a grand tradition.

More seriously: Nightshade, an action adventure title that got a re-release on Steam.

I'd really like to see someone share a completionist LP of Later Alligator for PC with everyone. I'd root for an SSLP that's heavy on the GIFs, but a VLP would obviously work fine too.

I think considering the migration that's going on presently, a new playthrough of The Oregon Trail is in order.

Basically the earliest state possible- if somebody can actually manage to run the 1970's MECC mainframe version that'd be choice, but the '85 version for like Apple II is probably what most people would recognize as "real" Oregon Trail. With you know, graphics and stuff.

BFM wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 pm
I think considering the migration that's going on presently, a new playthrough of The Oregon Trail is in order.

Basically the earliest state possible- if somebody can actually manage to run the 1970's MECC mainframe version that'd be choice, but the '85 version for like Apple II is probably what most people would recognize as "real" Oregon Trail. With you know, graphics and stuff.
Gonna echo this, actually, I think it'd be incredibly apropos.

I'd love to see an lp of various Zelda Classic quests, especially since lots of people don't even seem to know the game exists and there's some 40+ hour long games people have made in it.

New forum, may as well try this request again: I'd really like to see a screenshot LP of Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader. It's a CRPG set in an alternate-timeline version of Renaissance Barcelona with lots of magic and lots of historical figures who sometimes also know magic. The atmosphere is quite unique, but unfortunately the combat is mostly a slog, which is kind of a problem since combat makes up about two thirds of the gameplay; reading about it would in fact probably be the best way to experience it ^^

BFM wrote:

Hell yeah man.

I wanna see someone crazy enough to LP FFXI. I'll never have enough time to play it all myself and the thing is supposedly on its way out (though I'm not so sure).

Also, for something more reasonable, I'd enjoy someone with a mind for history to LP Assassin's Creed Odyssey around here. I've been enjoying it a lot and I've been binging wikipedia articles as a result. An LP would be a cool format to see it, but I never really spotted any LPs of it.

FF11 is soloable in modern times, you can totally play 99.9% of the content never even talking to another person. So it wouldn't be too hard to LP these days.

FF11 is getting new story updates, since they decided they just really like adding new content, so it doesn't seem likely to be on its way out at the moment.

Echoing FF11. I've been absolutely immersed in FF14 for the past 2 years, and seeing the game that it still draws upon in some respects would be fascinating.

I still wanna see The 13th Doll done. Fun game, and very nostalgic and I'd love to hear someone else's thoughts about it

BFM wrote:

This, but Organ Trail.

Hello, long-time lurker, first-time poster here!

I would like to request a SSLP of Super Robot Wars Z2.2: Chapter Regeneration for the PSP.

I loved the Z and Z2.1 LP's, and would like to see the conclusion of that part of the Z saga.

I'd like to request Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 100%.

And Bloodstained itself, also 100%. Both VLPs, since they're metroidvanias.

Aerdan wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm
I'm considering taking up this request (I'm not so familiar with Curse, so consider that one still open, but never say never I guess?), but are there specific things you're looking for from a 100% run? Are you thinking absolutely everything you could get including fully-upgraded attack crystals, all map squares, that kinda thing, or more generally all treasure chests and the like?

ThornBrain wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:09 pm
Aerdan wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm
I'm considering taking up this request (I'm not so familiar with Curse, so consider that one still open, but never say never I guess?), but are there specific things you're looking for from a 100% run? Are you thinking absolutely everything you could get including fully-upgraded attack crystals, all map squares, that kinda thing, or more generally all treasure chests and the like?
Basically all treasure chests and so on, but I don't know if there's anything locked behind e.g. map completion.

A new Dwarf Fortress succession game should happen, since we've embarked at a new location and all.

I would love to see someone do an in-depth Let's Play of Devil May Cry 5. AccountingNightmare did an excellent job covering the first four games but it seems as though she has abandoned LPing for streaming. I would love to see someone else take up the mantle.

Having just finished the latest game myself, I would love to see someone do the Detective Grimoire series. The original Flash game, Secret of the Swamp and Tangle Tower.

I would enjoy seeing a Tales of Berseria lp in either video or SSLP format.

Hunt11 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 pm
I would enjoy seeing a Tales of Berseria lp in either video or SSLP format.
Has there been an LP of Abyss or Symphonia done in video form before?

Greener223224 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:01 am
Has there been an LP of Abyss or Symphonia done in video form before?
I think sipping 40's or whatever they were called did one for Symphonia. Outside of that you should be able to find uncommentated stuff on youtube.

i would like to request a let's play of the original Shin Megami Tensei IV, which was released on the 3DS. I don't mind if it's emulated or not, and if the lp is VLP or SSLP format is fine with me! also, going through all the endings is what i choose, 100% completion prefered ^^

Site Admin
Okay, since I want more people to support developers from the Racial Justice and Equality Bundle a while back, dropping some LP requests from that, to help spread the word.

And All Would Cry Beware - A low poly first person metroidvania. Be warned, it's... A tadge tough.
The Away Team - A sort of procedural roguelitey deal where you are the last ship to have left Earth to find a new home... And odd things are discovered on the journey.
Backspace Bouken - A step based RPG with a typing combat system. Say wha?
Cats Are Liquid - One of those "Cutesy platformers with hidden depths of trauma and grief", it's... Interesting stuff.
Death And Taxes - You are Death. You must choose who lives and dies, in a very Papers, Please style manner. Good luuuuck!
Dr. Trolley - Just to show off the weird choices Dr. Trolley gives you in this Trolley Problem game, really.
Fool's Fortune - Did you like Reigns? This is a pixel game in that vein.
Ganbare Super Strikers! - Anime football turn based strategy, aww yeah!
GNOG - Animated puzzle boxes, cool music, nice puzzles... What's not to like?
Golf Peaks - A sequence of actions type puzzler that's in the form of... Golf courses. Of sorts. And no, I'm not kidding.
Mission: It's Complicated - Give heroes and heroines strong relationships, because only the Power of Love will stop the Big Galactic Bad, and the songs don't count!
Orion Trail - Yup, it's an Oregon Trail, but IN SPAAAAAAAACE!!!
Sky Rogue - 3D roguelike low poly arcade flight shooting. Fun!
Social Justice Warriors - It's a fun sniping at assholes in game form, where you use your special mod classes to fight trolls.
Voyageur - Posthuman strangeness, a trip to the center of the universe, multiple endings, and a Sunless Sea style inheritance system? Well worth a go.

That should be a good, hefty set of requests.

Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus - doesn't have a Let's Play with available videos anymore due to viddler/vimeo tossing them some time ago. Might be worth a new look at an odd little platformer.

It's archived.

Poor Baldurk. No one ever reads the banner.

Well, If this thread is also for Recs instead of just 'Plz LP', then I'm going to step up and suggest you lot take a gander at Edmond's LP of Metro 2033.

'Have You Heard of the Dark Railtracer?'

He's doing a semi-completionist run, showing off things like the unique deaths in each level in supplements after completing each part, and is applying a well-thought subtitled style to a game that often speaks for itself, but also takes the time to pause and smell the ashes.

I'd really love to see a Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria LP (preferably screenshot, or hybrid) because I just wanna see it played right for once because I can't seem to

JamieTheD wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 am
Half Life 3, in continuation of a grand tradition.
:hmmyes:

A good LP of Star Ocean: The Second Story that covers the game fairly, detailing both its strengths and weaknesses. Ideally in text, but a video LP will also do. I am aware that LPs of it are reasonably common, but I haven't found one that meets my wishes, and the one LP that came close only covered the first disc.