Birds, Bears, and Automobiles. Let's Play the Banjo-Triloogie!

Put your Let's Plays in here.

Hello! My name is Ashley, and I love the Banjo-Kazooie series, and Rareware as a developer. I'm here to take you on a walk through my favorite series of all time, the Banjo-Kazooie trilogy (or "Banjo-Triloogie" as I like to call it. The G is soft like in 'trilogy' not like 'loogie'.)

I'll be playing each game on the Xbox 360, and showing off the renewed Stop n Swop feature, which was originally a dummied out mechanic meant to carry data between Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie, restored in the 360 versions. Joining me are several of my good friends, as rotating commentators.

Currently Playing:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is the 2008 sequel to Banjo-Tooie, for the Xbox 360. It's very different from the first two games, but it's awesome and you're all wrong about it being bad.

It's a vehicular action game where you construct your own cars and planes and motorcycles and weird giant rocket powered spheres and whatever else you feel like and then use them to complete challenges for Jiggies and Trophies.

This is a 100% run. I'll be completing every mission to Trophy standard and showing off the DLC.

Part 01: Welcome to Showdown Town
Part 02: Nutty Acres
Part 03: Logbox 720
Part 04: Hero Klungo
Part 05: Sequence Break
Part 06: Banjo Land
Part 07: Ex-Wife
Part 08: A Mess
Part 09: Save the World
Part 10: The Jiggoseum
Part 11: Return to Nutty Acres
Part 12: Sports
Part 13: Super Banjo Universe
Part 14: Terrarium of Terror
Part 15: All Jinjos are Bastards
Part 16: Billiard Bonanza
Part 17: Banjo Funko Tactics
Part 18: They Don't Get It
Part 19: Giving Up
Part 20: Cool Stunts
Part 21: This Game Will Make You Bleed
Part 22: Some of my Best Friends are Jinjos

Mumbo's Motors 01: Battletoads
Mumbo's Motors 02: Armored Van
Mumbo's Motors 03: Boattletoads
Mumbo's Motors 04: Arwing
Mumbo's Motors 05: Clanker
Mumbo's Motors 06: Turbo Speeder
Last edited by Hamsterlady on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Banjo-Kazooie was released in 1998 on the Nintendo 64 by Rare. It's a 3D platformer starring both a bird and a bear. Released when I was five, it quickly became my favorite game. And over twenty years later, I still feel the same!

This version of the game is from the Xbox Live Arcade, because it's the best version I've ever played. It features cleaner graphics, smoother framerates, and the long rumored Stop n Swop. The improvements they made will make your eyeballs pop!

My name is Ashley, and I will be playing. Rotating guests will be surveying. Join us for good times galore. I hope you don't find these videos a bore!

Part 1: Spiral Mountain
Part 2: Mumbo's Mountain
Part 3: Treasure Trove Cove
Part 4: Clanker's Cavern
Part 5: Bubblegloop Swamp
Part 6: Freezeezy Peak
Part 7: Gobi's Valley
Part 8: Mad Monster Mansion
Part 9: Rusty Bucket Bay
Part 10: Click Clock Wood, Spring and Summer
Part 11: Click Clock Wood, Autumn and Winter
Part 12: Stop 'n' Swop
Part 13: Furnace Fun
Part 14: Grunty
Epilogue

In 2003, Rareware asked "could we make a Banjo-Kazooie game with all the trimmings on the Gameboy Advance" and nobody stopped to ask "should we." It was released after Rare was sold to Microsoft, so it's published by THQ of all people.

It takes place between Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. The soul of Gruntilda possesses a robot/time machine and goes back in time to kill Kazooie before she ever met Banjo, so they couldn't defeat her back in Banjo-Kazooie.

It tries to replicate the gameplay of the N64 games in a pseudo-3D top-down view and honestly, it doesn't do a great job. It works, they got it all in there, but the camera makes it hard to judge distance and the game just isn't super fun. It does have some neat ideas though and I'd like to show them off.

Part 1: Prologue
Part 2: Cliff Farm
Part 3: Breegull Beach
Part 4: Bad Magic Bayou
Part 5: Spiller's Harbor
Part 6: Freezing Furnace
Part 7: Gruntilda

Banjo-Tooie is the sequel to Banjo-Kazooie, released in the year 2000 for the Nintendo 64. It's very much "Banjo-Kazooie but a whole lot more." The stages are huge, there are more abilities to learn, and a lot of additional mechanics. It's a huge game. Some might say TOO huge. I think Tooie is a fantastic game, and many say it's better than Kazooie, but I personally prefer the tight, concise deisgn of Kazooie of the enormous world of Tooie.

Once again, this will be the Xbox Live Arcade version of the game. Similar to the first game, it adds in Stop n Swop functionality (If you collected the Stop n Swop items in Kazooie, as we did, there will be things unlocked in Tooie) and yet more bonuses for Nuts and Bolts. There's also multiplayer which isn't online for some reason, as well as a Stop n Swop for a future Banjo game that will never be released.

Again, I'm Ashley and I will be playing with my buddy Jesse, alongside the occasional third commentator.

Part 1: Intro
Part 2: Jinjo Village
Part 3: Mayahem Temple
Part 4: Goldeneye
Part 5: Arson
Part 6: Perfect Dark
Part 7: Stop n Swop (Continued)
Part 8: Witchyworld
Part 9: Roysten
Part 10: Seaman's Surprise
Part 11: Woo Fak Fak
Part 12: Terrydactyland
Part 13: Pretzel
Part 14: Grunty Industries
Part 15: Perfect Dark Zero
Part 16: The Ice Key
Part 17: Hailfire Peaks
Part 18: Brothers
Part 19: Mumbo Miracles
Part 20: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Part 21: Canary Mary
Part 22: Nice
Part 23: Jiggy Cleanup 1
Part 24: Jiggy Cleanup 2
Part 25: Jiggy Cleanup 3
Part 26: Final Cleanup
Part 27: Tower of Tragedy
Part 28: HAG 1

Banjo Bonus: Intro (N64 Version)
Banjo Bonus: Banjo Pilot Part 1
Banjo Bonus: Banjo Pilot Part 2
Banjo Bonus: Pilot Prototypes
Banjo Bonus: Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Bonus: Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing with Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo Bonus: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Glad to see this made the jump!

Yeah. Looking forward to the rest of it.

I suppose now's as good a time as any to finally start on this.

Just rewatched the billiard one. I played this game and must have completely blanked these out. So many of these challenges are just agony with buttons attached.

I kept meaning to watch this on SA and never got around to, glad to see this one. I still have never seen the end of Nuts and Bolts, although the early bits don't exactly fill me with confidence.

Part 18: They Don't Get It

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts is a metaphor for the atomic bomb.

Mumbo's Motors 04: Arwing

I just want it on record that I love Battletoads and all its awful variations. Long may it reign, barely functional and pretty shit.

Part 19: Giving Up

Thomas can take his trophies straight to hell.

Also potentially of interest! I started another thread a couple weeks ago, in which I'm playing Ocarina of Time with a lot of ridiculous restrictions in place. If you're interested, check it out!

Part 20: Cool Stunts

Quit gettin' mad at video games

Part 21: This Game Will Make You Bleed

Nuts and Bolts is indicative of the decline of the British Empire.

Part 22: Some of my Best Friends are Jinjos

You can read more about the secret chocolate factory in Super Mario Bros. in Jeff Rovin's How to Win at Nintendo Games.

Mumbo's Motors 05: Clanker
Mumbo's Motors 06: Turbo Speeder