The New Let's Play Thread Thread

Put your Let's Plays in here.
Launching a Let's Play? You can post here to let people know what's happening!

It's been a while since I've demonstrated the level of my self-loathing so let's play the world's most complicated card game. (Baten Kaitos)

7th Dragon - Totally Not Etrian Odyssey

A JRPG where you create your own party and go around slaying dragons. Never got an international release for whatever reason, but hey, that's what fan translations are for. Though the game does take quite a bit of heavy influence from a certain dungeon crawler series...

Working hard for charity - The Final Fantasy V Four Job Fiesta

A thread for not just my run of this year's Fiesta, but everyone's! Assuming anyone else wants to post about theirs, of course. In the meantime, you're stuck with me steamrolling World 1 with Black Mage.

Lobotomy Corporation: Monster Management Simulator

It's an energy company that runs on SCPs, and it's awesome.

Finally, here you are. At the delcot of tondam, where doshes deave. But the doshery lutt is crenned with glauds.

Glauds! How rorm it would be to pell back to the bewl and distunk them, distunk the whole delcot, let the drokes discren them.

But you are the gostak. The gostak distims the doshes. And no glaud will vorl them from you.

So begins The Gostak, an interofgan halpock interactive fiction adventure where a good chunk of the text is written in a language not of this earth. Are you a snave enough gostak to figure out what's going on and distim the doshes?

Legend of the Ancient Dragon PURSIVAL

A low-budget Korean RPG from the 90's. The English translation makes Zero Wing look well-executed in comparison.

True love meets dramatic action in Sakura Wars

The VN/adventure/RPG that made the Saturn a household name in Japan!

Let's Play Fire Emblem: Echoes - Shadows of Valentia: A Tale of Two Lords

A full remake of a contentious Famicom sequel- can that possibly be good? Let's find out.

I intend to post my ongoing Dragon Quest VI LP from the Something Awful forums Would this be alright?

Last edited by EMN on Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Let's Play The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Challenge Mode

I've started a challenge Let's Play of Ocarina of Time, in which I've imposed various restrictions on myself such as 3 hearts only, no shield, and fighting with the Broken Giant's Knife as my primary weapon. It's a fairly straightforward run through the game with minimal sidequests (since, well, I don't want Heart Pieces) that shows one of the most challenging ways to play Ocarina of Time without use of mods or bugs.

The Sacred-er Stones? Let's Play Fire Emblem: Sacred War

A(n attempt at a) semi-blind LP of an interesting re-balance hack of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones.

A Doom 2 hack that asks the question "What if the Doomguy lived in a Mario-style world? And what if the Cyberdemon was his Bowser?"

Metroid Prime is a game with amazing gameplay and stellar atmosphere, and has a few breaks too.

Bioshock done blind by someone that managed to stay unspoiled on the game for 10 years!

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Videogame is a videogame, and it's about why murder isn't the best usually.

Beyond A Steel Sky was released today and, for better or worse, I've decided to start an LP straight away.

Final Fantasy C2 is what happens when you combine two FF2's together.

I have two new LPs that began this week, and I should probably let people know about them:

A playthrough of Graveyard Keeper primarily getting to the ending, joined on co-commentary by Skippy Granola and YamiNoSenshi

And a 100% playthrough of Jet Force Gemini with JigglyJacob.

And now my friend and co-Let's Player JigglyJacob has begun an All Secrets run of Doom 64:

Ever thought about putting a card game inside a 4X Roguelike? Somehow it works. And somehow I'm trying to make a coherent story out of it, fueled by reader input.

C'mon and join in, if you want!

raising the bar on LP Superstardom

cron trag lives

cron lives on

Image Image

Adventure! Letter tiles! Top-down puzzles! Come watch me relive my childhood as I play Spelling Jungle and Spelling Blizzard, two 1990s spelling-themed edugames published by Sierra.

In the year 2020, baseball is cursed. Let us go back to the heady days of 2007, and follow the career of Flaccid J. Pnurtis in Let's Play MLB 07: The Show!

Devil's Third came out five years ago. Five years is enough time to re evaluate this as a cult classic as I show off this game in score attack and demonstrate the game's mechanics to its absolute fullest.

The Sherlock Holmes megathread is continuing on with the Frogwares titles. The first release in their Sherlock Holmes series is The Mystery Of The Mummy. It hasn't aged well and it won't work on modern systems without a fight. Despite all of that, it's still a pretty decent game.

Two LPers. One semi-competent, one mostly inexperienced. Together, they try to make their way through World War 2 while one teaches the other how to play. Hopefully, nothing will go horribly wrong!

Weebs At War: Let's Play Hearts of Iron 4!

As the title suggests, I am taking on Metroid Fusion Blind after my runs through Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night. Some think the game is too handholdy and won't be fun, others think I'm going to love it!

Either way it'll be a laugh.

This is a sci-fi point 'n' click adventure game from 1995 that was largely conceived and written by Roger Zelazny. Ron Perlman voices the main character and Brent Spiner will also be joining the cast somewhere along the way. Another game from my youth that I never completed due to the numerous ways that you can die, which can only mean one thing: a death reel at the end.

In March, a pandemic hit the country. From there things just went downhill as society collapsed and the government seemed to lose control. Then came the invasions, and the mutants... 1999 was a terrible year.

All we can do now is build up a gang of road warriors to fight with fists and cars.
Roadwar 2000

7th Dragon 2020 ~ Sympathy for Chisa Inomiko

A narrative LP for 7th Dragon 2020, a Japan-only sci-fi dungeon crawler JRPG that is a weird sequel to 7th Dragon, that game that Araxx has been LPing for ages. This narrative LP is also something of a sequel to the translation LP of Etrian Odyssey 5 done by Rea, Clarste, and myself some years ago.

2020 is a hell of a year, y'all.

JigglyJacob's series of Doom LPs continue into the modern classic, Doom (2016)! Myself and TorpidTypist return on co-commentary.