Cash Rules Everything Around Me - Let's Play Yakuza 0

Put your Let's Plays in here.

December 1988. Japan's economy is bustin' out, for lack of a better term. Kazuma Kiryu in Kamurocho, Tokyo and Goro Majima in Sotenbori, Osaka, are about to have their lives changed forever due to a small patch of land only a few square feet large that just so happens to sit smack in the middle of the Dojima Family's plans. Most problems are solved by punching. Punching effectiveness is increased by a raw cash injection into the bloodstream. There are so many sidequests oh god help. Why is Mahjong so complex? Why is the dancing minigame so hard? The phone club minigame makes me wonder if straight people are OK? Why does it take SO FUCKING LONG to complete Real Estate Royale and Cabaret Club Czar? Which of the Dojima Lieutenants is actually the most evil?

I picked this game up on a sale because I had heard good things from my good buddy Mike, but had no idea it would quickly become one of my favorite games of all time. Yakuza 0 may in fact be one of the most densely-packed games I've ever played in my life. And the aspects with the best rewards tend to be super long and grindy yeah you know what I'm talkin about. There is no way I can 100% this but I will do as much as I can, this is going to be the longest LP I've ever done so I do hope you'll dedicate what could very well be the next year and a half to joining me on this wild ride.

I will try and keep updates as frequent as possible, we tend to do 3 videos in one sitting, but I'm also not the only one in our group working on an LP so sometimes we do Kingdom Hearts instead which makes me drink. I'm also don't quite hate myself enough to make this a 100% LP, there's just too much in this game. I will try and do as much as I can.

Couple other housekeeping type things:
  • I'm on twitter, and every video I do gets posted on there, automagically!
    https://twitter.com/micolithe
  • If Mastodon is more your speed, I'm around on the fediverse too
    https: //snouts.online/@micolithe
  • I've finished college, fuck you NJIT! Because of this, I have a bit more free time and I'm starting to stream more, mostly friday nights:
    https://twitch.tv/micolithe

-----------------------------------------

--- THE VIDEO ZONE ---

001: Shadows of Kamurocho
002: The Dojima Family
003: Knife Hits Gone Wrong
004: Big Dick Dastardly
005: Oh That's A Baseball
006: The Yokomichi Silvers
007: Kiryu The TV Producer
008: Remember Your Safe Word
009: AraQ 3
010: Gimme One With a Beat
011: Meat Slice
012: Please Don't Call Death Grips a Gamer
013: Munancho
014: Big Face Man Who Lost His Face
015: The Return of Cool Spot
016: Dynasty Warriors Yakuza
017: The Forbidden Doom Mod
018: Zero Reason To Avoid New York City
019: Summon the Power of the God Hand
020: WLW Wednesday
021: The Prince of All Sayians
022: Miracle Johnson
023: Sega Mega System
024: Overly Excited About Bowling
025: Finally a Saturday
026: Super Mario Bros 2 Panic Mode
027: Hambones
028: Sonic the Hedgehog is a Twink
029: Shotput Fight
030: I Want Bizza
031: Galagmites
032: Call Me
033: Taxes
034: It's Just One Of Those Days
035: F Sharp A Sharp Infinity
036: Papa-san
037: Antimicrobial
038: Bowling for Nugget
039: Dolce De Postcard
040: Just Call Me Daddy
041: Inert Materials
042: That Wall Really Looks Like The Ocean
043: Seven Second Delay With Kiryu and Majima
044: Miles "Majima" Prower
045: Frenched Fries
046: Like The Pinball Wizard
047: The Cabaret Club
048: Only Fans... of the Club
049: 24 Hour Cinderella
050: Traction Park
051: Off Da Railz
052: The Legal Chicken Nugget Limit
053: Vanilla Extract
054: Grunge E-Girls
055: Cheating at Duel Monsters
056: Reverse Johnny Bravo
057: We Missed Fat Bunny Week
058: Cockstoppers
059: Big Nog
060: Bimbofication (Tame)
061: The Lemon Video

Also available in convenient youtube playlist format.
Last edited by Micolithe on Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 44 times in total.

The good news is everyone will be able to enjoy this LP until 2025 when it finally ends, along with the world.

If we're lucky, Gamebun will post the *already completely commentated* KH: Birth by Sleep LP we did before this one ends.

LargeMike wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:54 pm
The good news is everyone will be able to enjoy this LP until 2025 when it finally ends, along with the world.
Rather hopeful of you to think we'll only have to wait five years for the apocalypse.

He's also exaggerating, I'm targeting finishing this lp by 2024

Right in time for Kiwami 0 to be released.

If you just have all of the episode titles include specific dates then you'll have no choice but to finish the LP quickly. Your LPer's pride won't allow otherwise.

The episode titles are usually based on some stupid shit we said.

Mike said WLW Wednesday out loud with his mouth at 9:15 PM last night, a tuesday, forcing me to stay up late and put the audio together and fire off the render before I went to sleep.

The only reason videos are slow to update is it is very hard to coordinate the schedules of 4 people. (3 for the time being as Maggie is taking a break)

I don't mind the pace of your updates.

The video was shorter than some of the other ones you've made recently, did you have to cut some stuff to get it done on time?

No, it's more like, I try and edit the videos wherever there's a natural break... so we ended Majima's chapter, it just so happened to be 16 minutes this time.
The next video we did is 45 minutes long

Cool.

Can't wait for the sewer level.

I appreciate the shit out of that shitty kiryu pride jpeg you made in ep 5

I preferred using the smaller balls when bowling because they were so much easier to aim and if you get it up to near full power it'll get strikes most of the time.

032: Call Me

033: Taxes

Last edited by Micolithe on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.