Let's Play The Legend of Banjo-Kazooie: The Jiggies of Time

Put your Let's Plays in here.

Latest Episode

About the Game

Banjo Kazooie is a legendary 3D platformer for the Nintendo 64. It has been LP’d countless times by many amazing players. In particular it holds a special place in my own heart as the game the cemented my own friendship with Yorkshire Tea and it remains one of our favourites to replay to this day.

The Legend of Zelda the Ocarina time is a somehow, even more legendary Action Adventure game also released on the Nintendo 64. It needs no introduction and similarly has been played upside down, inside out and in every which way by people around the world.

What more can be said or done with these games? What new take could possibly exist on them in the year 2020?

Mark Kurko is a 32 year old Spanish game modder who began his modding journey all the way back on 2014. He set about making hacks of Banjo Kazooie, a favourite of his, starting with Bob-omb Newfield, a port of the famous Super Mario 64 level to Banjo Kazooie.

This led to an attempt to create the Kokiri Forest for Banjo and Kazooie to explore and this single level spiralled into a six year modding marathon resulting in the creation of this game: The Legend of Banjo Kazooie: The Jiggies of Time.

I was, simply put, amazed when I saw the demos of this game, a combination of the collectathon goodness of Banjo alongside the excellent world and level design of Ocarina of Time, Jiggies of Time straddles two games and two genres that to put simply, Tea and I adore with all our hearts.

So what better game to play with and enjoy in these difficult times? We hope you enjoy the ride with us.

About the LP

Tea and I have played both Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of Time extensively. We claim to have the world record for the drunkest 100% clear of Banjo Kazooie ever. But of course, we’ve never played this mod and will be paying special attention to the adaptation of Banjo Kazooie gameplay into the world of Zelda. Expect us to be harsh with our criticism but generous with our praise as well.

For the moment, I’ll be taking the wheel as Tea can ill afford to join me at home to record. But suffice to say that when we are able to see each other in person again, Tea will be chomping at the bit to have a go himself. (At which point we'll, in true co-op platforming form, play level by level and life by life.)

Episodes will release on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at around 23:00 BST, 18:00 EST, with cheeky early episodes up on our Patreon.

Art and banners, will, as ever, be handled by the amazing Bifauxnen.

Episodes:

Useful Links:

The Something Awful Cross Thread - In case you want to speak to the regulars on something awful!

Our Patreon! - In case you want to support our LPs and see episodes early!
Last edited by Natural20 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 38 times in total.

I've never played the original Banjo-Kazooie, so I have to ask: is Kazooie as much of a smartass there as she is here?

Yes she is, they've got her spot on!

I have now 100% finished the game, btw. If you need hints, I am happy to provide.

I think Tea would murder me if I got hints.

Pity. :allears:

It occurs to me that if your usernames are combined, you get NaturalTea, which sounds like a good thing to be drinking.

Jokes aside, I didn't realize that Death Mountain had the Dark World theme until your video, even though I'd already played through it. :doh:

Was that a good mountain? Deathinitely. :getin:

We were very happy with double full clears.

Man, I knew that not keeping yourself topped up on eggs would come back to bite you eventually.

Fortunately we're super clutch.

As the twitch meme says, RAISE YER DODONGOS!

Wait, what happened to Episode 18?

Quackles wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:16 am
Wait, what happened to Episode 18?
Natural20 rolled a natural 1, that's what. Here it is for anyone who isn't on SA and also isn't subscribed or following the playlist.

It's in updates but I forgot to post here when I threw it out!

I update here, SA, patreon and in the playlist so you can check any one of those if I miss something!

So we've got a competition for everyone!

Just for fun, if you've not played past this point in the mod, put down the solution you think is correct for the puzzle we couldn't solve.

I'll experiment with all of the suggested ideas and we'll give a shoutout to the first person who solves the puzzle in a future episode.

This is on an honour system so please please don't answer if you already know the solution!

Personally, I think you were on the right track with looking for another wall where you could imprint the message. My own guess is the wall next to the well in the room opposite the one with the message, so that it's the same angle when viewing it from the doorway.

My guess is, they've pulled a fast one by reversing the message and the clue: the painting with the word crossed out is the actual hint, and the writing on the wall is the clue that helps you read what it says. So you have to poke the painting, because it says "Rat-A-Tat Rap here".

Competition 2 - Electric Waterloo

So competition time again! We couldn't find our way to the final jiggy in the water temple.

If you haven't played the game before and think you have a solution then please write it down here and if you guess correctly first you'll get a shoutout when we go back to get the jiggy!

Thanks and good luck!