Safe Search is on! Don't Kinkshame. Let's Play Yakuza 0

Put your Let's Plays in here.
NO SPOILERS.

The Yakuza series is a series of action games/JRPGs developed and published by SEGA that was born from series producer Toshihiro Nagoshi's desire to tell a story that would illustrate the way of life for the yakuza, Japan's organized crime syndicates. The games themselves feature a wonderful juxtaposition of a serious crime drama mixed with absurd, yet heartwarming side stories full of charm that also allow players to explore incredibly detailed cities and districts inspired by real life Japanese cities, such as the Kabuki-cho district of Shinjuku, Tokyo. This series is incredibly popular in its home country, but has only recently seen a spike in popularity overseas after a long history of mangled localization attempts.

This game is the sixth main series title in the franchise and is a prequel to the entire franchise, set 20 years before the main story of the first game. It was released to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the series, the game offers a look at how two of the most popular characters, long-time series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu and fan-favorite supporting character Goro Majima, in the series developed into their modern day versions. Kiryu is generally a very level headed character, but here, he's a much more brash and inexperienced child by comparison, for example. As a prequel, this game does not require any knowledge of any of its predecessors and serves as a fantastic starting point for the series; in fact, providing a new introduction to the franchise was one of the goals for this game, as the series was up to its fifth main series entry, which made it hard to attract new fans.

This will be an informative LP where I show off the main story and as much content as I can manage. I'm joined by my usual co-commentator sworn brother Jobbo_Fett. Let's try to keep things spoiler free; we may have come off an LP of Kiwami, but :siren:No spoilers:siren:, even for Kiwami. We have a lot of ground to cover here, so I'll try to put out two updates a week, but that's a pretty brisk pace, so I apologize in advance if I end up slipping from time to time.

Chapter 01 - Bound By Oath
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Chapter 02 - The Real Estate Broker in the Shadows
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 03 - A Gilded Cage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Chapter 04 - Proof of Resolve
ImageImage

Chapter 05 - An Honest Living
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 06 - The Yakuza Way
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 07 - A Dark Escape
ImageImage

Chapter 08 - Tug of War
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 09 - Ensnared
ImageImage

Chapter 10 - A Man's Worth
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Chapter 11 - A Murky Riverbed
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chapter 12 - Den of Desires
ImageImage

Chapter 13 - Crime and Punishment
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 14 - Unwavering Bonds
ImageImage

Chapter 15 - Scattered Light
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 16 - Proof of Love
ImageImageImageImage

Finale - Black and White
ImageImage

Premium Adventure
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Hostess Training
ImageImage

Bonus
Star Citizen Free Fly - Please Give Me a Menu

Other Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio LPs we've done
Yakuza Kiwami - (Uncut Playlist)
Judgment

Last edited by ChaosArgate on Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

ImageImage

And that's it, this is the end of the LP! I have five more videos with the rest of the Hostess trainings uploaded, so I'll put those out over the course of next week, but those will be commentary-free, so for all intents and purposes, this is it, the final episode!

Here's the hostess trainings for Yuki and Ai, commentary-free, as I stated before.

ImageImage

Also, I started a new LP yesterday! It's Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch!

LP Beach Thread
SA Thread