Kurosawa on mushrooms - let's play Katana Zero!

Put your Let's Plays in here.
Newest thing: update 2!

Yes yes YES

I think I need a break after the depression-fest that was Darkwood, Bacter! Whaddya got that's happy and light?

Oh boy oh boy do I have the game for you! It's bleak, with a near-hopeless atmosphere of crushing poverty, rampant corruption, and nonstop ultraviolence!

BUT the color palette is TOTALLY different!

Come on, man.

No trust me. TRUST me. You're gonna LOVE Katana Zero.

Convince me.

It's just pure undiluted gritty late 80s early 90s cyberpunk action! Rainy, neon-glowing massive cities, a strong punk aesthetic, a futuristic plot with cool tech, nested betrayals, high stakes, and a really really really good soundtrack!

I'm liking it so far

And the GAMEPLAY couldn't be any different. Darkwood was... really really atmospheric, but thrived on negative space. Darkness. Katana Zero is BURSTING with details, color, lights, characters... give it a chance, and you will eat. it. UP.

Sounds like YOU like it at least

It is 100% my jam. I was recommended it by those that know me well.

How we doing playthroughs?

At least 3. One for plot, one for alternative plot, one for speedrun.

Requests for the audience?

As in all my LPs, NO SPOILERS NO DISCUSSING ANYTHING WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET. Also, please call out any references I miss! There are lots!

The game, as I'm sure some of you have seen from speedruns, gets EXPONENTIALLY more frenetic. We're just starting to peek into that, but I already want to point out the giant variety of levels and designs, and the great rolling tutorial that is the early levels.

Marvel at those, and peer deeper down the rabbit hole, during...

(needs a minute to update)

ALSO

Let's learn something about ourselves the only sensible way - through a vote

How do we feel about... partying?

1) Actually the life of the party, we're just going through a lot right now

or

2) While you were out partying, I studied the blade

I'm gonna repeat what I posted in the SA thread, for those on this board.

I wanted to make a couple notes about our guy's design. The first is that he's wearing his sword upside down. The curve should face up so that you're less likely to cut through your scabbard and/or hand when you draw your sword. The second is that he's wearing his gi with one shoulder/arm exposed. As I understand it, that's supposed to signify that the person is a ronin, or a samurai without a master, usually because they were disgraced or their master died. Depending on how much the devs know about samurai and/or swordsmanship, these could both be interesting insights into our character.