Fighting Fascism and Xenophobia wherever it lurks, Let's Play XCOM: Chimera Squad

Put your Let's Plays in here.

The Game

XCOM: Chimera Squad is the third game in the XCOM reboot and a direct sequel to XCOM 2. Five years after Advent has fallen, Humanity has rebuilt parts of the world as well as integrated aliens into their society freed from the mind control of the Ethereals. Since Advent's influence still lingers, a new branch of XCOM called Reclamation was created to assist cities and settlements in dealing with alien technology and any threats that might be too dangerous for normal law enforcement.

The first of these Reclamation teams, Chimera Squad, was sent to City 31. Before the war, City 31 was an Advent spaceport and for the most part, the aliens and humans have integrated into a functional society. There are those who wish to destroy the idea of an integrated society, whether they want revenge for the Elders or humans misguided by their hatred for aliens, it's Reclamation's job to see that City 31 is held as an example of how Earth can rebuild and coexist with our new neighbours.

Although touted as more of a spinoff, Chimera Squad plays similarly to the previous game, except the members of Reclamation aren't randomized. As well as that, rather than having an XCOM Turn -> Alien Activity loop, each person on the field is given a spot in the turn order, leading to a faster paced experience.

The LP

This LP is semi-blind, in that I played a bit of Sacred Coil's scenario then decided to wait to LP it. This LP also follows the 'canon' of our XCOM 2 LP, so we'll be referencing people and events that occured. I'll do a little writeup of some stuff from Alien War 2 so you don't have to watch that LP to understand this one, it's like 80 episodes or something stupid.

Speaking of stupid, this LP introduces the second occurrence of The XCOM Drinking Game! Slight adjusted due to the generally increased competency of Chimera Squad.

-1 drink every time a soldier misses
-1 drink every time a soldier panics
-1 drink if a civilian dies
-1 drink for each rank if a teammate goes into bleedout
-1 drink any time an enemy is killed instead of arrested (lol I made this rule before discovering you can't arrest robots :cripes:)

Unlike XCOM 2 this LP does NOT end if we get a game over, since the characters are important to the story you just get a game over if anyone dies.

Episodes:

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 1 - Return Of The Drinking Game

Yay, XCOM on the Beach! Following.

New Episode!

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 2 - Everybody's Bros
Hear the dread in my voice when I see none of the robot arrests were actually arrests :cripes: and of course Grace picked the most robot heavy route.

Also Maloof is a Lebanese name and Grace and i are fucking idiots

New Episode!

Let's Play XCOM Chimera Squad Episode 3 - Please Leave

The reinforcements mechanic can be kind of a bummer sometimes but I understand why it exists. I just like whacking people :(

Oh definitely following this, I have been playing so much of this game lately cause it is fun as hell.

Patchwork is probably my favourite right now, she's absolutely insane once you promote her a couple times. I mean, everyone's got a great skill set but hers is especially insane with all the robots around.

Btw I was amused to see you guys getting the 360 noscope trick shots facing the camera in breach mode too. I thought maybe that was just happening to me since I'm playing on an old laptop that can only just barely run this game on the minimal settings!