Let's get mauled by tigers in Path of Wuxia! [Early Access]

Put your Let's Plays in here.

What is this game?

Path of Wuxia is a Simulation RPG made by Heluo Studios. You play as a new student of Chivalry Hall, a martial arts sect. You start off as an ordinary person, training in martial arts, studying and making friends with other disciples until shit finally goes down. It's a mix of life sim elements and turn based strategy RPG battles. If it helps you, you can imagine it as Wuxia Persona.

Who are Heluo Studios?

Heluo Studios are a Chinese game development studio who have a bit of an interesting story. The story was brought together in the early 2010's to make Tale of Wuxia, a remake of an older game known as Legend of Wulin Heroes. You might've heard of that game, Nyaa did an LP of it years ago. The remake was apparently a success in China and was translated into English (pretty shittily) and released on Steam. Things seemed good for Heluo.

A few years later, in the midst of developing their third game, a conflict arose between Heluo Studios and Soft-World, the company that held the rights to Legend of Wulin Heroes. Tale of Wuxia was ruled to have violated Soft-World's copyright and Heluo Studios was forced to pay a massive fine and give up rights to Tale of Wuxia and the prequel they'd made for that game. Even the fact that Soft-World had been publishing Tale of Wuxia in Taiwan for 4 years without any problems didn't stop Heluo from losing the case.

I'm not totally clear as to what happened next and how Heluo Studios managed to survive (I heard rumors of them getting funding from some real estate company?) but needing cash to finance their next project, they ended up releasing Path of Wuxia as an Early Access game on Steam in a desperate attempt to recoup funds to finish development. Since I really liked Tale of Wuxia, I decided to check it out after hearing the game already had like 10 hours of content.

How complete is the game?

As of writing this, Path of Wuxia has 1 in game year of content. At least 3 years are planned and we don't know if we're going to get a 4th year to wrap things up. I only intend to play the first year of this in the LP but if the 2nd year comes while this is running or very soon after, I might blind LP that.

As a quick note, this game is up on Steam but it's not translated into English officially. I'm playing on a fan translation that's still a very much in development thing. But if anyone's curious about wanting to play this, I can include details on how to get there.

Index
Update 1
Update 2
Last edited by Mystic on Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alright, time to get started with all this then.

Here we have our character creation. Thankfully, it's pretty simple in this game. You pick your portrait, you assign your stat points, pick your traits and you go. I'll let the thread decide what to roll with later.

We start off on a pleasant enough night.

Our main character walks into the scene and hides, seeing the two men up ahead.

Image: As I stand before you right now. What happened in back then... vividly flash before my eyes.

No, those aren't my mistakes. The translation does need a bit of a touch up. But it's most of the way there and I can understand what they're going for.

Image: Can't you see your ridiculous ideals already broke Chivalry Hall apart?

Image: Hmph! More of that pedantic belief of mercy and courtesy! A mountain hermit like you will never understand-

Image: ...Controlling violence with violence will only cause more wars and disasters, which only spawn more hate. Benevolence first, Chivalry follows. If we lose all our courage to trust human nature, how can we achieve a truly peaceful world?

Ooh, an alignment choice so early? What we choose here will determine who we play as for the tutorial fight and affect our alignment. For now, I'll just go with the top option.

Righto, tutorial time. I guess I can explain instead.

The dev's added some extra text here and there so we'll be seeing some occasional untranslated text.

Here's our battlefield. This game works on a hex grid and follows a "our turn, their turn" sort of thing, like Fire Emblem's player/enemy phase. In the top left, we can see the HP/Qi for the character we're hovering over as well as their element and any buffs/debuffs. On the top right, we have our win and lose conditions as well as any optional objectives. On the bottom bar, we can see what moves we have available to us.

Right now, we're pretty controlling an endgame boss. So our stats are enormous, our skills give us a ton of buffs and we have 4 skills open to us.

When we hover over a skill, we can see the numbers on it. I'm looking at our fellow's first skill. Here we can see the name of the skill, how much Qi it uses, how much damage it deals, the range and AOE type as well as the cooldown and extra effects. I'll get into the details of this later when we have someone with simpler skills.

I decide to use one of his other skills. I wouldn't get used to this much range on a sword user. This guy's the head honcho for a reason.

This game has some really nice animations but it's a little hard to capture in picture form. Our dude did a giant spin if the picture gets that across.

Let's see if I can properly describe this in text form. The enemy charges up and glows red...

He starts punching us in the face over and over until he decides he'd rather claw our face off...

...and then he blows us up.

Let me know if you want me to record this battle so I can show off the animations a bit.

We decide to hit back with a sword laser.

This fight doesn't have any real stakes, it's just for us to feel out the battle system a little and go "whoa".

The enemy does a rad fire spin in return and knocks us off-screen.

You know, I'm getting the feeling the enemy's moves are a lot cooler than ours...

Image: The hatred and calamity that spawned is but the ashes from the fires of war. As long as we use stronger power to suppress and exterminate these villains, we will no longer need to sacrifice innocent people in the future. Even if there are innocent people who will lose their lives as a result, in order to create a peaceful world, this is just a necessary sacrifice!

Image: ...In the past few years, the masters in the Hall has repeatedly proposed to stop your absurd behaviour, but I always hoped that you can realise it yourself and stop the killing.

The alignments available right now should be fairly obvious by now.

By complete accident, I managed to open up the character status menu.

You don't need to read all that text. You can sum it all up as "he's strong".

I then spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what key brought up the character status again until I went to the settings to check. Also, this menu is fairly new! We used to be stuck with fixed controls only like 2-3 months ago.

As it turns out, our enemy also has a mess of an internal style on the left. "The Eight Burning Hells" is a dramatic as hell name though.

The fight ends after both sides have attacked three times. It's just a preview after all.

Game: As a witness to this duel, I can't help but think back to the chance encounter that set me on my path to enter the Hall.

Okay, that's a good point to break for now.

Character creation time!

We've got four things to decide here. Our name, our portrait, our stats and our traits.

For the name, just give me anything. I'll go with the most popular one unless there's a tiebreaker in which I'll probably just flip a coin.

For the stats, well, let's not make this too confusing. Give me a boon and a bane. The stats are as follows:
  • Strength - This influences the amount of damage you do and the damage you can take mostly.
  • Vitality - This mostly affects defence/HP.
  • Dexterity - This is the 2nd most important stat for damage. It also affects your dodge rate and at (high) thresholds gives you more move. We're probably not getting an extra point of move in a year but don't let that stop you.
  • Will - Affects how much energy you have and also influences crit chances weirdly enough. 3rd most important stat for damage.
For our traits, we get to pick two points worth of traits. So tell me what we're spending these points on. The traits are:
  • Genius - Increases XP in non medical skills by 15%.
  • Meticulous - -5% damage when attacking, +5% accuracy/evasion.
  • Businessman - +50% money from errands.
  • Dull-witted - +10% parry rate, -5% evasion.
  • Bearish - +20% growth to stats, -20% growth to Four Arts (Go, Calligraphy, Zither (it's a musical instrument), Painting)
  • Gifted - +10% to parry/evasion/counter/critical rates. Costs two points though.

As for our portraits, they're here. Pick one, I'd recommend a numbering scheme like G1-6 or B1-6 to easily explain which one you want. Numbering is left to right, top to bottom.
Last edited by Mystic on Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The fact that it looks like there's nothing stopping you from going with a dull-witted genius is sort of amusing to me. As is that they don't seem to be a bad combination.

Boon: Will
Bane: Strength
Traits: Genius, Dull-Witted
Portrait: G2

Name: Xiao Yu
Portrait: B3
Boon: Will
Bane: Vitality
Traits: Meticulous, Businessman
Alignment: Vigilantism
Last edited by Tanegashima on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This looks interesting.

Name: Fir
Boon: Dexterity
Traits: Genius, Meticulous
Alignment: Order
Last edited by clearcardinal on Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah, crap, I completely forgot to ask what alignment people wanted to roll with. I don't know if the factions have names, but I guess we can call em Order vs Vigilantism. I'd assume we can switch from one end to the other but we only have 1 year so far and the alignment system isn't super fleshed out yet.

Name: Wei Shen
Bane: Will
Traits: Gifted
Portrait: G6

Oh hey, somehow missed they made a new game! I had sort of also assumed they were done after the whole lawsuit (which was, admittedly, somewhat earned in Evil Dead sense of "you really shouldn't forget you don't have the rights to something anymore"). IIRC, I think part of the issue was that there were portrait/chibi art assets that were basically unchanged from the original game? I remember there being a thing with a patch that replaced a bunch with knockoffs of questionable quality.

Anyway, this game! Let's go with a female character, it's rare enough you get to play those. And since I've found a new favorite since the previous thread:

Name: Ling Qi
Traits: Gifted
Portrait: G5

Not that I'd pick it, but what does the Lone Wolf trait do?

Bane: Will
Traits: Bearish, Genius

Name: Li Kao
Traits: Genius, Businessman
Portrait: G4
Alignment: OwOrder

Lone Wolf is -10% damage taken by yourself, +10% taken by allies. I missed that too in the OP, whoops. Looks like we'll be going with this. Had to flip a few coins for tiebreakers but here it is.

Boon: Dex
Traits: Genius, Meticulous

I guess I'll come up with a last name then.

Alright, character creation. I dumped 20 points into Dex, 10 into Str/Will and then went from left to right, adding points one at a time. 50 doesn't divide neatly into 4 stats after all.

We're getting some extra evasion from our Dex and traits but I doubt that'll offset our poor HP. At least we'll have decent damage.

I got the feeling this was meant to be a Fire Emblem reference but this was the first thing that came to mind when recording.

Anyway, fuck the cops, we're gonna beat the shit out of evil

Since we picked the Vigilante stuff, we're obviously controlling dark, broody and punchy over here.

Our mid battle chat's a little different.

Image: You've forgiven the wicked to satisfy your own morals and kindness, but you have also exposed the innocent to the risk of harm once again! I did not wish to be your enemy, but if you insist on standing in the way of my path, I can only eliminate you as well.

Yo, I set up some actual portraits. These are 100px by 100px instead of 160px by 160px. Had to change up my workflow since some of my tools stopped working and I figured I'd try my hand at some smaller mugs too.

Image: In the past few years, the masters in the Hall has repeatedly proposed to stop your absurd behaviour, but I always hoped that you can realize it yourself and stop the killing. ...Now it seems that you will not turn back.

Image: Humph! My conscience is clear, there is no need to turn back!

The chat favors our ideology a little more now though I wonder if the choice could've been pushed off until after this opening battle.

Anyway, fight continues on as normal and right after the fight, we get this.

Game: This showdown between the masters will determine the future of Chivalry Hall, yet neither side seems to have the upper hand. As a witness to this duel, I can't help but think back to the chance encounter that set me on my path to enter the Hall. The Automaton factory that night was the beginning of everything...

Image: Don't talk nonsense, Ah Bao! Elder Sister Fir! Hurry up and wake up!

Image: Where are we?

Image: Probably the lair of those Automatons? After you were knocked out, we were carried here in cloth bags. I just saw their evil leader, she is so creepy!

Image: ...Wahhh... The female monster will eat us... Chew us to pieces... And then we'll be digested... Wahhh...

???: Ai-you, what kind of disrespectful child has the nerve to say those things about me?

We're running the angriest MC portrait, I gotta pick the angry options.

Image: Hmph, Demoness, Your name!

Bravery is a stat from a set of stats that'll come up later, it comes bundled with Resolve, Restraint and Courtesy.

Image: My children went to the mine and caught thse two imps, what's that go to do with you? If you want to get in my way, you should take a look at yourself first. Getting knocked out in one hit? Playing hero will just get you killed.

Image: ...Hmm?

The puppet explodes and then collapses to it's knees.

Image: ...Hehe, I didn't that this early warning device would ever be activated. It seems that someone came to rescue you. Being able to get here without any prior notice, your rescuers are much smarter than you.

Fun stuff.

Image: Haha, don't disappoint me.

Image: ...Using us as bait? Delay the intruders? What is the old lady talking about?

The door just swung out and opened.

Image: Let me look around first.

We get to move around a little. We're stuck in a room with a lot of different things and we've got to figure out a way out.

We found some oil on the workbench and we found some cash underneath the bed behind us.

Our creepy puppet lady's got some less than pleasant stuff lying around, but we don't need it.

The cell next to us is jammed but we loosen up the hinges with the oil.

Image\

Inside the cell, we find some very unsubtle poetry hidden away on the bed...

...and the treasure they hid away. This'll be useful later.

Unsurprisingly, the actual solution to this puzzle room was that the handle next to the door opened it. It's still the opening of the game so the puzzles are simple enough.

Two different doors slide open and we're able to get out of the dungeons.

There's, hmm, a lot of puppets? They're working hard at something.

Image: Wahh... We are going to die here.

Image: Elder Sister Fir! Look over there!

Looks like someone competent finally found us.

Image: Yes, I understand!

Image: Huh...? This... This woman is...?

Image: ...

Image: Such a smart man, how unfortunate you're just as stubborn as a woodblock.

Image: ...I didn't come here for you to judge me. If you still have any trace of dignity, just kill yourself now! Don't force me to get my hands dirty.

Image: Haha... You really want to watch me die... So you can remember me all your life? Fine, come on up. But... What about them?

Image: Woah! No, stay back!

And they're coming right at us.

Image: Humph...

Image: Haha... you finally noticed it? That arrogance, as always causes more trouble... I've made improvements to the control structure in this group of "unrefined puppets", even you can't interfere with them from the outside.

Looks like we've gotten tangled up in some old fight.

Image: Come on, Renxin, didn't you want to come up to me? Better hurry up or I'll slip away again...

That is a distinctly more advanced and unfriendly looking puppet than the other ones.

Image: Hong'er, I'll leave these for you to deal with.

Image: Yes!

Time for our first fight.

Image: Uh... ok!

Game: The meaning of Xia is to fearlessly stand up and protect the innocents from harm!

We've got our goal for this fight. We've got to get these two kids out and then destroy the puppets. Fights can have a decent range of win conditions but most of them are "beat up the enemies, don't die".

Both of these kids are weaker than us for pretty obvious reasons and one of the kids is pretty much frozen up in fear.

The AI isn't going to chase them down which is good for us since we're weak as hell. The enemy puppets have around 220 HP.

Luckily enough, you can just... kind of stand there. Move the kids out of the fight and to the escape point, let Hong fight the puppets for you.

She'll be fine.

She's got actual stats including nearly 3x as much hp as we have and actual offences.

Once you get one of the brothers to the escape point, the other one will run to him.

Image: Um... Big, brother, wait for me! Elder Sister Fir, big sister... you, be careful!

Image: I won't fall easily!

Picking this option gave us 3 Will and unlocked something a little special...

This is our special protagonist bullshit. We get a special skill that lets us choose an element every 4 turns in battle and gives us a bonus depending on what element we switch to. I'll talk more about this later when we can actually put it to good use. Because well...

While we were off making sure the kids got out okay, Hong was busy killing all the puppets.

But hey, we got one punch in at least.

Image: *Sob*

Image: Ah Bao don't cry, we are saved! Thank you, two heroes! I, Wang Ah Cai will definitely repay you one day!

Image: You are safe and sound, that's the most important thing. And no need to say thanks. Wait for a while and go home, your family is quite worried.

Image: This Lady, didn't you hurt?

I may remove some weird spaces but I'm not rewriting this to account for bad lines.

Image: Chivalry Hall?! Is it the martial arts academy regardless of origin?

Image: Exactly, did little brother Wang have heard of it?

Image: Haha, a hundred years ago, the ancestor Master Dongfang determined to break the portal disagreement and unite the strength of the various factions for the people to achieve chivalrousness. So the master and disciple in the Chivalry Hall are all regardless of the origins. There is no distinction of sects or clans in the Hall, everyone can learn the martial arts, in order to cultivate more young heroes who have the right mind and srurdy martial arts.

Man, lot of mistakes in there. I'm not sure what the portal disagreement is meant to be but you can sum this up as Master Dongfang getting sick of martial art sects being too self absorbed and stuck on sect politics, so he set up his own sect to be free of it all.

Image: It must be providence! Elder Sister Fir, as long as you go to the Chivalry Hall to learn martial arts, we don't have to be afraid of those monsters!

Image: I have no sect, no clan.

Image: Ah... so you made it all by yourself? But... just now...

I think the assumption here is that we actually used the element changing move. But we didn't so this scene's a little weird but I'll let it slide.

Image: That's just some stupid kick and a punch.

I've spoken with the translators before and apparently they don't have separate lines for female/male MC's in the Chinese text. So you'll see a lot of errors like this while they try to figure out how to do that sort of split.

Image: Arbitrary conversion of Elemental Affinity? Master, can this really be done?

Image: Well... there's a lot you don't know. This foolish Little Girl probably doesn't even know what an Elemental Affinity is, and having such a powerful ability is nothing but just burning the zither to cook the crane, a totally waste of talent.

That's a new idiom for me. A zither is a type of Chinese instrument. Not really sure how to explain this but I guess you could just say he thinks it's a waste?

Image: Few people are able to change their own Elemental Affinity like Lady, this is also the first time I have seen it with my own eyes.

Image: Hmph... is it necessary for you to talk so much?

Image: Master, Lady Fir don't understand but if we told Lady Fir these, then it wouldn't be a waste of talent, would it?

Image: Even if you understand it, you won't change the fact that your martial arts is poor. The footsteps are vain, and the punches are exhausted. Clearly, you are a Little Girl from the countryside and no nothing about martial arts.

Image: Humph! Don't underestimate Elder Sister Fir! Two years ago, the mining village where Elder Sister Fir was persecuted by those wooden monsters, families was destroyed. They had to come and seek refuge to our Chongyan Village. No one ever expected they would come again! From time to time, the village's mine pits were attacked, people got killed, and the villagers were unable to survive. But Elder Sister Fir has never been afraid of them! Always try to fight against them and protect the village!

Image: I see... Lady Fir, I didn't expect that you are beared such a past....

:3:

Image: Ah Bao is right! Elder Sister Fir will definitely be better than you after learned martial arts!

Image: I want to join the Chivalry Hall and learn martial arts!

No clue what happens if you pick the other option.

Image: Hum... nothing come of talking about it, if you just don't practice, you won't achieve anything. If you are really determined to cultivate hard, prove it to me by your actions. Little Girl, take this.

Image: Ah! Chivalry Badge! Lady, congratulations!

We get a little pop up telling us we got a badge. Unfortunately, it comes and goes quick enough it's hard to catch...

Image: You don't have to worry about the Chongyan Village. If you want to give it a try, go to the suburbs of Nanchang City, lakeside of the Poyang Lake after seven days, to find a fisherman carrying a nine-foot iron paddle, and show him the badge. It's your business if you want to come or not. If you can't suffer, if you're afraid of failure, or if you're willing to spend your life in mediocrity... It would be a waste of time to come here, no need to make the trip.

Image: Master Mu and I will return to the Hall to report the matters of Chongyan Village. And the Hall Master will certainly take appropriate measures.

Image: Huh, with the style of him, I think he would send disciple to patrol regularly. To deal with a few broken couples, they should be able to nail that.

Image: Really... Really! Thank you Sister Duan! Thank you Master Mu!

Image: Your sickening greed... really hasn't changed at all. Hong'er, there's nothing to see here. Let's go.

Image: Yes! Take care, you two little brothers. Lady Fir, I hope to see you in the Chivalry Hall at that time. See you soon.

Image: Three little kids, if you don't want to be trapped here, get out quickly. I'm going to burn this place down.

Hong leaves after that.

Image: Elder Sister Fir, go for it! And when I grow up, I will go to Chivalry Hall to learn martial arts and be your junior fellow apprentice!

Image: Elder Sister Go for it, you can be a chivalrous hero for sure!

A vigilante's still chivalrous, right?

Alright, we get control again for a bit. We walk up the path, talk to someone who just reminds us of what we were here for and we find some more spare change.

We've got a few things to deal with before we leave for the sect.

This chef and the old man are offering us some free food since we're off to become heroes. Top one gives us an extra point of Vitality, middle one probably gives a point of Strength? I picked the top one because I thought it was the strength one for some reason.

Oh well, it's fine. We find the local beggar and...

Beggar: King Lady... Please help me... I used to be from a distinguished family, but other's conspired against me, my family has broken apart... Please give me some money, so that I may feed myself... I used to be the guard of Nanchang City, but I've gotten on the wrong side of someone powerful and suffered all sorts of abuse from him...

We get the option of giving him 50 coins, the blue jade or leaving him. The blue jade is important for something else later so we give him 50 coins. We had 191 before this from spare change so it's no real loss.

Beggar: Haha, little Lady has a good heart, I have nothing to give in return. Here, take this Small Wooden Sword... If we meet again in the future, I will be relying on your help... Haha...

There was a kid back on the path here that was complaining about getting scammed out of a sword by the beggar. We pop on back to give the sword to him.

We give him the sword back.

Boy: Wow! Big sister, you are so strong, You actually got it back for me! Thank you, big sister, this is for you! Doctor Sun gave me this ointment when I fell down and got injured, but I forgot to use it. Since I no longer need it, I will give it to you as a thanks!

...I'm not sure I like the implication that he thinks we beat up the beggar for his sword. Anyway, the medicine he gave us is an elixir that heals 500 HP when used. Considering that we only have like 100 HP, it'll be a good item for quite a while.

We also run into a poet and his hapless assistant over here. The poet offers us a riddle to find something for him.

We found this by the pier but it's not what he's looking for.

The divider mentioned in the poem is fairly obviously the pier that bisects the shore. 10 steps back from it, we find this pop up and we get a paperweight.

We return the paperweight to him and he offers to do some calligraphy for us.

We get the option of two scripts and I go with the Bold Wild Script since well, that fits our alignment better. We gain some calligraphy which we can gift later to others and a point of Dex from watching him do his art.

I believe we're done with everything here for now so we go to meet up with the fellow taking us to Chivalry Hall.

This game has at least two different artists. You can tell by how different this person's art is to basically everyone we've met so far. Might be a third too.

Image: You guys always have that eager look on the face, I can spot a fearless young cub like you in any place! How's this old man's rhyming skill? Hahaha!

Image: What kind of martial arts does Lady practice? What kind of weapon are you good with? Blade? Spear? Or maybe you prefer your fists over weapons? Ah! I got it! Looking at your exceptional aura, you must be skilled with the sword!

Someone's excited (and probably a swordsman).

Image: It was like that when he met me earlier, he goes straight to martial arts without even introducing himself.

Image: I am Fir Tree, nice to meet you.

We get some Courtesy from this.

Image: So you are Elder Sister Fir, nice to meet you!

Image: Alright, alright, there are plenty of times to make friends in the future! Hand over your Chivalry Badge, and we will be on our way!

We hand it over.

Image: Elder Tang, is everyone here?

Image: That ain't the old man's business, it's getting late so we can't wait any longer. Do you think it is easy to get to Chivalry Hall? Without me leading you on, it will take you more than three days to get there!

Image: This big brother... is he also here to join Chivalry Hall?

Image: Oh! Another sectmate? Nice to meet you!

Image: He doesn't even speak...

Image: It seems he wants us to be quiet, so that we don't scare the scorpions.

Image: Huh... Scorpion?

Relax, there are no scorpion pics coming up soon. If we do, I'll probably drop it behind spoilers for those afraid of scorpions.

Image: Did you just catch it? Or was it brought from home?

Image: So Mount Lu is inhabited by special scorpions, that is the first time I heard about it!

Image: What stunning compatibility.

Image: Oh? Good, good, one more kid to pick up!

Don't worry, he'll talk someday.

Image: You are the last batch of new disciples this year, let's get going quickly!

Game: Disembarking and walking on foot, the Lushan Mountain Road is surrounded by mist, twist and turns. Following another half day's travel, the path before you finally opened up.

Image: Here we are! This is Chivalry Hall!

Image: Awe-inspiring and majestic upon Mount Lu... Exactly as dad said!

Image: This old man will take his leave here. Go on in! the exciting part is coming up!

Image: Mr. Tang, thank you very much.

Image: Thanks! it's past noon, the entrance ceremony is about to start, go on!

Image: Entrance ceremony... Hu... I am getting nervous...

Image: Huh? Nervous? All I feel is excitement! Hall Master Chu Tianbi is a renowned swordmaster in Jianghu. I can't wait to get a good look at his peerless swordsmanship. Thank you, Elder Tang! Let's go!

Jianghu is basically China. Sometimes the distinction is drawn between the rest of China and the martial artists and when that happens, Jianghu is where all the martial artists are. If I'm wrong on that, feel free to correct me thread.

Image: Huh? Brother Nan, wait for us!

Image: Ok? Aren't you going to follow them? Little Girl that came from who knows where. The way you move indicates that you have no prior foundation in martial arts, yet you still have the courage to join Chivalry Hall. This old man respects your guts, but Chivalry Hall has no room for slackers. If you want to stay, you better clench your teeth and give it your all!

Image: Why don't you come along to have a look as well?

Image: Hahaha, this old man has seen more entrance ceremonies than he can count! Now I just want to get back to my fishing hut and take a good nap! Little Girl go on quickly, you don't want to fall behind on your first day!

With a final gesture of appreciation, we run off for the ceremony.

We'll call it here for now.

Mystic wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 pm
No clue what happens if you pick the other option.
No real change here (there's some slight dialogue changes based on whether you died in the tutorial fight); I believe regardless of which you choose, in the forest scene if you immediately turn around and go back to the entrance you have the option of just giving up and leaving to get the standard immediate failure ending and since it's an actual ending, it unlocks a possible starting trait.
Mystic wrote:
We get the option of giving him 50 coins, the blue jade or leaving him. The blue jade is important for something else later so we give him 50 coins. We had 191 before this from spare change so it's no real loss.
Fun fact, you can't actually give him the blue jade - if you try, he can't bring himself to take advantage of you that badly, warns you that being so trusting is dangerous, and then gives you the wooden sword anyway.

I may have already bought and beat the game between the OP and the first post due to having no self control. Congrats on the sale!

I like the evil lady's massive headdress. Glamour is a burden

Broke:
Mystic wrote:
Image: I have no sect, no clan.
Woke:
Image: CLAN'T