The future is ours! Let's Play Xenoblade Chronicles

Put your Let's Plays in here.
ImageImage

Nothing like a fall of indeterminate height to really get those self-reflection gears turning.

ImageImage

The counter to something that dissolves organic material does seem like it would be just some kind of armor :v:

Couldn't imagine what Sharla has to do with anything. Nothing interesting has ever happened to her!

Given Fiora's weapons and class archetype I'm assuming what Vangarre trained her in is assassination.

It seems weird to say but maybe cowardice is a bad translation? Since most of it are night bonuses maybe its like... alertness? Like that old adage of humans being trained by evolution to jump at shadows at night because its safer to jump at nothing than to not jump at something.

Kibayasu wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am
Given Fiora's weapons and class archetype I'm assuming what Vangarre trained her in is assassination.

It seems weird to say but maybe cowardice is a bad translation? Since most of it are night bonuses maybe its like... alertness? Like that old adage of humans being trained by evolution to jump at shadows at night because its safer to jump at nothing than to not jump at something.
Skills-wise that might work better but it does come off a quest where Riki's admitting that he was too much of a coward to make the big jump.

I mean, choosing not to do something incredibly stupid is also much safer. But these are the Nopon...

It's often feels like a coin flip if anybody thought through the ramifications of some of the side quests conclusions.

Amorous Arca was Amorous Area for a while in my head.

You can certainly understand the desire, given the setting, to make things vertical but, well, a few more elevators probably would have been good.

ImageImage

Next up, Egil mechonizes Reyn's childhood pet Bunnit and he is also completely surprised that it is acting evil.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Damn. They just need one or two more people like Dickson and Egil's army is toast.

Shei-kun wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:42 am
Damn. They just need one or two more people like Dickson and Egil's army is toast.
Unfortunately no matter how many enemies any named character kills there's also more just off-screen, that's the rule. Otherwise Shulk and company would have already depleted the entire Mechon army... not to mention the entire biosphere of the Bionis but I guess that's a good thing.

ImageImage

A JRPG with the good god as the bad god? What will they think of next.

Well, off the top of my head, there hasn't been a JRPG where you actually are god, so there's that venue to explore.

Edit: And before you say 'Actraiser', that's a combination citybuilder and side-scrolling hack&slash

It's not a JRPG if its not wasting hours of your time in the middle of important plot revelations.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Minimum casualties by catching everyone on the wings of your planes and birds. Truly only the wisest of leaders could have thought of such a plan.

ImageImage

54 - Jade Face (Cut)

It was brought to my attention that I mistakenly forgot to mute the uncut commentary track on the cut video, so I've reuploaded it.

I genuinely expected that to happen to someone else in that scene.

ImageImage

Even if they were literally born for it I think we can all agree that the space elves getting Returned first is what everyone wanted.

Dickson living up to his name as being the biggest dick :allears:

Amusingly, an apropos name as well, because a Disciple is considered a 'son' without relation.

Thus Dickson is the Dick Son of the Dick God.

ImageImage

ImageImage