This game is Be-awesome! Let's Play Bolt

Put your Let's Plays in here.
I've decided to start posting my LPs here due to recent messes, so moving my Bolt thread.

What is this game?

This game is based off of the Disney movie of the same name that is, in my opinion, extremely underrated. The game specifically is styled after the TV show portrayed in the movie, although it's not following the same plot as that TV show (which is a shame because I'd have loved Penny's character model to MOVIE SPOILER change when the actress changed). The episodic nature of the show that means that of course Calico cannot ever be captured permanently is portrayed well here, we get an arc of the show displayed from starting to figure out Calico's current plan and working towards foiling it, so the game is a satisfying self-contained narrative without breaking the convention of the unending TV show.

Why am I playing it?

Bolt's powers are really satisfying to use and the game has excellent level variety - there are a lot of levels that when they happened I was like "WHAT! This is amazing!" and I want to show that off to all of you! There are also many references to the movie that I found quite charming, and the writing is fun and inventive, with strong characterisation of the main characters and even attempts to humanise them later on even if some of them fall flat.

Format

I will do one level per video with a few exceptions: 1) if a level is particularly short it will be paired with another, and 2) the first video will be two levels to show off the playstyles of both characters and show off the pretty funny writing in the cutscenes.

Videos:

Levels 1 and 2: Party Crashers and Bite Night
Level 3: 1000 Mega Bites
Level 4: Raisin A Ruckus
Level 5: Into the Depths
Level 6: Taking out the Trash
Level 7: Chew Chew Train
Level 8: Slobber and Clobber
Level 9: Hide and Sneak
Level 10: That Darn Dog
Level 11: No Barking Zone
Level 12: A Penny Saved
Level 13: Base Thumpin
Level 14 and 15: Doggie Demolition and Pup, Pup and Away!
Level 16: Barging In
Level 17: Belly up
Levels 18 and 19: Pound for Pound and Fetchin' Train
Level 20: Ruffin It
Level 21: Time to Flea
Level 22-24: Bouncing Back, Bridging the Gap Parts 1& 2
Level 25-26: Calico and Final Gauntlet
Last edited by BioEnchanted on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Level 16: Barging In

Here is the latest update, in which we investigate a suspicious harbour. I really like that the cutscene tries to add a little pathos for Penny, it's nice that it makes the attempt.

Level 17: Belly up

It's been a while hasn't it? :P Here's a new update, with a level that's conceptually fun, but has some frustrating moments.

Levels 18 and 19: Pound for Pound and Fetchin' Train

I like these levels as they have a lot of character - the first one has a fun visual reference to the movie and some neat visuals in general based on chinese culture or items, and the second one is an inventive and fun level that's very different to the other train level from earlier.

Level 20: Ruffin It
Level 21: Time to Flea

Couple of levels that I recently uploaded but forgot to put on this thread, whoops. Been very busy with a new job.

Level 22-24: Bouncing Back, Bridging the Gap Parts 1& 2

The penultimate video is now up! We also get all the collectibles in this video that I missed in prior levels. I had a fun idea of how to edit it, so I hope you enjoy the idea.

Level 25-26: Calico and Final Gauntlet

We beat the final boss and save the day! I like the final part of the game, it does a good job ending on an epic note where most games just kind of stop with a lackluster final boss and call it a day - the sequence after the boss elevates the whole finale in my opinion because without it the final boss would have felt incredibly underwhelming, but it lets things end on a great visual.

I hope you enjoyed this LP, this game is in my opinion one of many hidden gems.