Murder is generally bad. - Let's Play "Amazing Spider-Man 2" [VLP]

Put your Let's Plays in here.
Amazing Spider-Man 2

Amazing Spider-Man 2: The Videogame is a videogame, and it's very loosely based on the film from 2014. It features some of the same villain designs and the same name, but most of the plot is entirely unrelated to the motion picture. That said, it is still a sequel to the first Amazing Spider-Man videogame, which is a non-canon epilogue to the 2012 Amazing Spider-Man film. In spite of this thing occupying a really weird place, I think it's really damn fun and has a great mix of lore from various sources.

How's the gameplay?

It's a mix of stealth/beat 'em up mechanics. The stealth and beat 'em up mechanics are simple, and obviously inspired by Batman's Arkham games. I think they work great for Spidey, because he can stick to walls and stuff. That's kind of his thing. There's also technically open-world side missions, but I don't think those are so hot, personally. I'm mostly into the really messy narrative and its melting pot of small stealth playgrounds.

How's this going to work?

I'll be doing post-commentary, and I won't chatter over the cutscenes. Try not to spoil any of the less than stellar twists, because even though the game's story is a mess, I still want it to be seen as it develops.

Videos

Raid On Oscorp

The Lion's Den

No One Is Safe

FreeRoaming
Last edited by Addy on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Lion's Den

The game starts getting into a groove, now.

Contains my favorite level, and more kingpin.

FreeRoaming

Let's talk a very very brief look at the open-world crime activities.