What if Doom, but also Mario??? - Let's Play Doom: The Golden Souls 2

Put your Let's Plays in here.
I just wanted to stick my head in and say I've been really enjoying this series of videos. I haven't got much interesting to say other than this is an LP I'm thoroughly enjoying and thank you for your hard work.

Seconding that, this is a really good LP!
On an only somewhat related note, the Cacodemon eyes on the Pokeys are wonderful :3:

Also nice to hear that you're getting good at Doom, I'm looking forward to your Sunder LP :v:

Update on last post of previous page.

And yeah, still being fun to watch. :D

2-5 - Relic Ruins

It's a bad level. It's a boring level. It's a bad, boring level.

The big coin placement annoys me most out of the bad things in this level. Two are in timed sections where exploring can get you killed, with the second one being the worst since exploring is punished if you don't go the big coin's route only, and the third one is just out in the open and only presents any kind of 'challenge' if you haven't saved so you're worried about falling from doing the easy jumps up there.

To be fair, the third one is locked up by that switch I hit at the end of the last 'underwater' section.

EDIT: Actually that's even worse come to think of it. :cripes:

Putting any kind of secrets in timed sections is a crime.

Well, this is certainly one of the more amusing Doom WADs I've seen in a while...

I had meant to play videogames this evening, but I stumbled across this thread and burned through the entire LP thus far instead. Quality stuff! That blunderDOOT is hilarious--though as you point out, curiously nerfed compared to the vanilla rocket launcher...

I almost kinda want to pick this one up myself, but I play with a controller, and this WAD doesn't seem too friendly to that. Particularly the boos; they seem to require precision aiming to actually take down. I could see that getting aggravating pretty quickly.

Edit: I forgot!
theenglishman wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:26 pm
I noticed there was some weird pitch warping on the coins' sound effects when you picked up several in a row. Is that a limitation with Doom's sound engine or is it something to do with the mod itself?
I know the answer to this one. The original release of Doom had pitch randomization on the sound effects, so they wouldn't sound exactly the same every time they played. While id Software decided to remove it later, some source ports add it back in, and I believe it's on by default in GZDoom.