The Sacred-er Stones? Let's Play Fire Emblem: Sacred War [abandoned]

Put your Let's Plays in here.
I think that's mostly a factor of availability, you get Fiora considerably later and Farina you get later and have to pay for! Fiora exists if your Florina got RNG-screwed or you want maximum flier superiority.

So someone needs to start an FE7 thread of some variety, is what i'm getting out of all this...

I would start an LP of the Japanese FE7 difficulty, but I’m terrible at talking.

I use Florina because how else is she going to A support Lyn?

oh wow this thread got some activity while i was away

I know I said I would come back to updating this when I finished moving, but frankly, I think I'm just going to call it here. I haven't really had the drive to play this lately, and I feel like it definitely hasn't held up as well, or been as interesting to show off, as I thought it would. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to seeing more of this. I do want to LP a Fire Emblem hack at some point, but if I do, I promise it'll be one that has more going for it.

Moonside wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 am
I know I said I would come back to updating this when I finished moving, but frankly, I think I'm just going to call it here. I haven't really had the drive to play this lately, and I feel like it definitely hasn't held up as well, or been as interesting to show off, as I thought it would. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to seeing more of this. I do want to LP a Fire Emblem hack at some point, but if I do, I promise it'll be one that has more going for it.
In that case, would it be alright if I gave my opinion on what the game turned into later on around the point where I stopped?

Sure, go for it.

'Kay, so basically at the point I was at, it completely turned into Flier Emblem.

Tana was buffed (!!!) as far as I could tell, and I gave both her and Vanessa Dragon's Tears because I had 5 of them by that point in the game. The Ballistae that were presumably set up to be deterrents were a complete non-issue for whatever reason (it's been a long time, don't remember why this was), and those two double-teamed the Sage boss of Eirika's chapter in Carcino before anyone was finished dealing with the hordes of enemies below. I have little doubt this would've continued since I had managed to promote both of them by then, and if not, Artur was critting the hell out of everything and Seth was starting to gain actual EXP, on top of Franz ramping up his progress in stats. Snowballed to hell and back.

Well, that's kind of a shame. I was really looking forward to seeing what you thought of the later parts of the hack, because it goes places.

I guess this means that I have to put this hack on my shortlist for LPing now, because I do want someone to show it off in detail, and as somebody who powered through all of it, I suppose it might as well be me. Maybe I'll do that after I'm done with Somnium Files.

Awwwwwwwwwww. Darn. I wanted to see this end. What a shame.

Still, if it's not fun anymore, it's not fun anymore. I understand.

Aw, shame to hear about you not finishing it.

I feel like I should try and follow this up with my own FE8 showcase LP, since everyone else is doing it. I found a romhack on Serenesforest that tries to revert the game to being just like its Japanese version, which would mean slightly varied unit growths and bases, slightly different enemy loadouts, slightly different shop inventories, and - most importantly - enemies that aren't mainly pushovers even on the hardest difficulty.

Or I could do what /feg/ was doing a couple months ago: Start by doing like the first 2 or 3 chapters, throw my save into a shareable Mediafile folder, and treat the run like correspondence chess, where a different person does a different chapter of the same game. That way, everybody gets burned out on FE8 all at once, but not so much that we don't end up abandoning the run.

Honestly we need an FE challenges/romhacks/speedruns megathread here anyways. That way everyone can contribute a bit without there being too much pressure on any one LPer.

Whatever happened to the romhack megathread that TLP and FEDDOP were LP’d on?

I'd be up for a new hack/challenge run megathread. From what I remember, the old one just sort of... fizzled out a little after the LP of Binary finished.

Greener223224 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:21 pm
Or I could do what /feg/ was doing a couple months ago: Start by doing like the first 2 or 3 chapters, throw my save into a shareable Mediafile folder, and treat the run like correspondence chess, where a different person does a different chapter of the same game. That way, everybody gets burned out on FE8 all at once, but not so much that we don't end up abandoning the run.
Correspondence Emblem is a neat idea, kinda like how the Dwarf Fortress runs go. I'd be up for something like that.
Moonside wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:26 am
I'd be up for a new hack/challenge run megathread. From what I remember, the old one just sort of... fizzled out a little after the LP of Binary finished.
I think FE just lends itself to a LP format very well, though the length of them are definitely a source of burnout. That being said, it'd be nice to have, and this is coming from the crazy person already doing SoV and working on another FE-related thing under the table at the same time.

Well, I'm inspired. I'm gonna try and see if I can write up a few paragraphs of "FE8 is yadda yadda, this is what Japan's was like" without sounding horribly uninteresting, and then dump that all on lpix to test if I can use that properly, too. Changes don't become really noticable until at least Chapter 7, though, and there's also a few points where the romhacker just messes up and I have no clue how to create a UPS file.

Plus, I'd like a headcount on whether I should just do it alone, or if anyone wants to join in my crazy Correspondence Ironman idea. Lord knows I can't do it on /feg/ anymore, thanks to my goddamn modem changing IP addresses on a whim and getting me a range ban.

Moonside wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:12 am
I know I said I would come back to updating this when I finished moving, but frankly, I think I'm just going to call it here.
Aw, i was enjoying seeing what this was all about without actually having to play it :v: Definitely better to quit if it isn't fun any more though.
Tanegashima wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:43 pm
Honestly we need an FE challenges/romhacks/speedruns megathread here anyways. That way everyone can contribute a bit without there being too much pressure on any one LPer.
Welll shit i'm down for that, might even have another challenge run in me or something :j:
Greener223224 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 am
Correspondence Ironman idea.
...or this, sure, why the hell not!!

Greener223224 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 am
Plus, I'd like a headcount on whether I should just do it alone, or if anyone wants to join in my crazy Correspondence Ironman idea.
Damn it, I guess I'm in for that. I can't resist the idea of a correspondence LP, even if I've already got a great deal on my plate.

I'm up for joining this.

I wish I could, but I'm not entertaining :v

Nanimani wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:05 pm
I wish I could, but I'm not entertaining :v
Neither am I, but I'm still trying.

Also, is using Mediafire considered fine?