We're going up and down, say no to the world! Let's Play Judgment

An archival space for the threads that made it.
NO SPOILERS.

Judgment, known in Japan as Judge Eyes: The Testament of the Shinigami, is an open world detective game spin-off of Sega's Yakuza series. The game stars Takuya Kimura, a famous Japanese actor and singer who has earned the title "The King of Ratings", as Takayuki Yagami, an ex-lawyer turned private detective at the Yagami Detective Agency who struggles to makes ends meet and throws himself into his work to distract himself from the guilt he carries from the fallout of his final case as a lawyer. He's joined by Masaharu Kaito, a former member of the Matsugane Family of the massive Yakuza organization, the Tojo Clan, who serves as Yagami's partner and closest friend as they investigate a series of gruesome murders where three Yakuza have been found dead in the streets with their eyes gouged out.

The game is set in the fictional city of Kamurocho, which is loosely based on the real-life Kabukicho district of Shinjuku, Tokyo. Despite being a spin-off of the long-running Yakuza franchise, this is really the only thing the two share; the story and characters of those games have no bearing on this one. It's kind of like watching two unrelated movies and recognizing that they were filmed in the same city. Judgment plays a lot like its predecessors, allowing you to explore the bustling city, enjoying meals at restaurants peppered all over town, play mini games as you see fit and defend yourself in bombastic fashion from thugs who just can't help but try to accost you at every turn; what's new are segments where you engage in detective work, ranging from tailing targets, to examining crime scenes for evidence. These segments can be hit or miss, but overall, they all make you feel like a badass detective solving cases in the seedier parts of a neon city.

This will be an informative LP where I show off the main story and as much content as I can manage. I'm joined by my usual co-commentator sworn brother partner in crime Jobbo_Fett. Let's try to keep things spoiler free; this game may be a spin off of the Yakuza series, but that's no reason to spoil any of those here since this game has hardly anything to do with those ones! I'll try to keep to a twice-a-week update schedule, but no promises.

Chapter 1 - Three Blind Mice
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Chapter 2 - Beneath the Surface
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 3 - The Stickup
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 04 - Skeletons in the Closet
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Chapter 05 - Days Gone By
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 06 - Collusion
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 07 - Limelight

Chapter 08 - A Broken Bond
ImageImageImage

Chapter 09 - The Miracle Drug
ImageImageImageImage

Chapter 10 - Chumming the Waters

Chapter 11 - Curtain Call

Chapter 12 - Behind Closed Doors
ImageImageImageImage

Final Chapter - Down Came the Rain

Premium Adventure
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bonus
Pinball Parlor
Star Citizen Free Fly - Please Give Me a Menu

Other Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio LPs we've done
Yakuza 0
Yakuza Kiwami - (Uncut Playlist) (Cut Playlist)

Man, something weird is happening with the uncut video for the final episode, at least on my end - it'll only play at 360p. Not load/buffer, play. I can make it load at higher quality but it won't start. The cut version works fine, all other uncut videos work fine. Tried it on polsy, same issue! It's weird. Even restarted my computer, didn't change anything.

Don't know where I'm going with this beyond "haha this weird thing is happening to me!"

Have you tried another device? There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the video playback on my end.

I need to catch up on this.
biosterous wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:21 pm
Man, something weird is happening with the uncut video for the final episode, at least on my end - it'll only play at 360p. Not load/buffer, play. I can make it load at higher quality but it won't start. The cut version works fine, all other uncut videos work fine. Tried it on polsy, same issue! It's weird. Even restarted my computer, didn't change anything.

Don't know where I'm going with this beyond "haha this weird thing is happening to me!"
Weird, I can't replicate your bug. I'd say it was just still uploading the high rez version, but it's been out for a couple days.

Same issue on Firefox version 77, Chromium version 83, and Vanced on Android. And every other video works!

I dunno if it's even worth doing anything about it at this point - I've watched the video and it's working for other people. Although I did ask someone else who's geographically close to me and they had the same issue, so maybe that has something to do with it???

I think the last update to the OP post broke something, as this is how it looks all over.

Shei-kun wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:09 am

I think the last update to the OP post broke something, as this is how it looks all over.
Uhh, hm. What size monitor do you have and what's your browser zoom level? It looks ok to me on a 1080p display at 100% zoom?

I'm at 100% zoom with a 1920x1080p monitor. What's really weird is that it only changed after you updated. Before, it was looking normal, so I'm completely baffled.

EDIT: Even more odd, when I look at the ones for Chapter 7, only the last video link splits like that. Everything else looks normal for that chapter.

I am very confused.

Shei-kun wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:23 am
I'm at 100% zoom with a 1920x1080p monitor. What's really weird is that it only changed after you updated. Before, it was looking normal, so I'm completely baffled.

EDIT: Even more odd, when I look at the ones for Chapter 7, only the last video link splits like that. Everything else looks normal for that chapter.

I am very confused.
Chapter 7 probably looks alright because the last video of each row except for the last one doesn't have uncut/cut commentary. I'll have to see about making the view a little wider so this doesn't awkwardly split my ToCs.

Finally caught up! These are getting ridiculous and I'm loving it.

Would've liked if that last one was actually straightforward, though.

Shei-kun wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:06 am
Finally caught up! These are getting ridiculous and I'm loving it.

Would've liked if that last one was actually straightforward, though.
That last one having the swerve that it did kinda feels awkward in this day and age, if we're being honest.

ImageImage

Just a heads up, NVidia RTX mucked up my audio for the back half of this episode and I think just the next one, so my voice is going to sound kinda screwy for these episodes and I don't want to make Jobbo sit through and redo an hour of the dating stuff, so the videos will be presented as-is. Everything should be back to normal for the third and last Tsukino video though.

Again, please bear with me for this last episode with fucked up audio, courtesy of RTX doing weird shit.

Also, I started a new LP yesterday! It's Xenoblade Chronicles on Switch!

LP Beach Thread
SA Thread

And that's it for this LP! Thanks for sticking around with us for this long, its been a fun ride and we'll see you for the next one!