Rep Mariners

BAH GAWD THAT'S JOHN MADDEN'S MUSIC AND HE HITS A HOME RUN! GOAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
This forum is gonna be fairly dead cause we're all nerds so uh

If you ever wanted to get invested into a baseball team here is a playlist on the history of the Seattle Mariners by Jon Bois, probably the most entertaining sports nerd to exist. You can learn about how they were brought together by arson and getting locked in portajohns to making the greatest most anime comeback of all time to losing with the most stacked team possible. 

And then watch them get brutally destroyed in a fan-submission baseball simulator mess. If you love wild rides I would highly highly recommend giving this series a go.

As someone who grew up in a Mariners household, this series was majestic. I sent it to my dad and he loved it.

Jon Bois and SBNation are terrific storytellers. Jon especially has an uncanny way of taking data and articles and spinning wonderful sprawling sagas. Pretty Good, Chart Party, and Dorktown are great viewing even stripped of any sport context.

Anyway, yes, the Mariners are a crazy team. They're just so fun, it makes it real easy to root for them. And maybe, just maybe, they'll rise again.

I was a fan for the 2001 series. It was great.

Thanks for sharing that series; it was fantastic. I've always been peripherally aware of the Mariners, since most of my relatives are in Washington. I recall getting a 'Refuse To Lose II' shirt as a gift from my grandpa (not like a holiday gift, just the sort you get for showing up at their house) and having no idea what part I even was. It was good to actually get a feel for what was going on there and how the team has developed over time.

Ok, when that guy tried to blow the ball over the foul line in the first video, I became a fan. Gonna have to finish this series.